Author Holidays: Previous Topic First Anniversary Ideas Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  6:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello to all,
My first wedding anniversary is approaching and I have almost no ideas. I could use some help. My hubby is very romantic and sappy! He cries more at movies and T.V then I do (I'm the princess of tears and emoitions). Expensive gifts, dinners out or Hallmark Celebrations are not his style or mine. I am looking for a way to celebrate our year of marriage in a special way and a cool gift. Any fantasies or ideas Farmgirls? He has a very feminine side that he is ok with. Very unusual for a man much less a "Biker".

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  8:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
How about some kind of "road trip" with a picnic in some remote location?

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  6:38:28 PM  Show Profile
How about a walk down memory lane of the last year? How about dressing up in your wedding outfits (if possible) and slow dancing and dinner in your living room?
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  4:55:06 PM  Show Profile
I agree! I've always loved the image of my dearest friend's husband coming home on what he thought was an important day but she forgot, only to find her making his favorite dinner in her wedding dress. Such a sweet idea. Or maybe return to your wedding site, walk down your aisle together? We ate our cake top (that we froze) under the stars, camping and it was perfect for us. We spent the evening remembering our special day and all that followed in that year. Maybe a gift of 100 reasons you've loved the last year with him? My hubby and I are looking forward to our 2nd anniversary!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  6:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello,
The memory lane is really cool. We were married on the property that we are now building our house. Maybe we will just spend our anniversay in the 1977 ford motor home that we spent our wedding night. We could also take the 1962 motorcycle and retrace our wedding drive that day. Breakfast over an open fire. NO way that I will fit into my wedding jeans as weight watchers is not nearly as important as it was a year ago. Sad but true, the marriage spread has hit. Worst part about the spread, is this time around I can not even blame children. Just the happy comfort of the simple life, home cooking, to much sitting, and being happy. But a prairie dress would do! But what more could a woman ask for. A great husband would truly encourages you to do what makes you happy.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic First Anniversary Ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page