CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  08:11:01 AM  Show Profile
does your nearest town have an Easter celebration? We are having Blossoms and Blessings on April 15. We have an Easter Parade (i will take pictures to share!) .. and have a HAT CONTEST .. for both little kids and for women .. we have some special vendors and all our shoppes are open and festive that day! We have a CAKE WALK .. LOTS of very nice cakes are donated! And other fun activities!

Greensburg, Kentucky! come join us!

True Friends, Frannie

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  08:34:58 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
When I picture this I think of the Easter celebration in the movie Steel Magnolias (one of my all time favorites) PLease be sure to share your photos.
This year I want to have a giant Easter Egg Hunt at the farm. We will invite some of the neighboring farm families and other friends. My son made a friendship cake mix and gave it to our next door neighbors. I may make more of these to hand out that day.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  08:43:30 AM  Show Profile
beth .. please share your friendship cake recipe!!! what a great idea!

i just love 'small town living' .. i don't think an EASTER parade would be allowed in some of the bigger cities .. or they would call it something else! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  08:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Frannie- I will find the recipe when I get home from work today, it was something he made at church.
I thionk it would be great fun to have our own hat contest here. Everyone could post a picture of themselves wearing their hat.
Oh what fun!

Wish you were closer, I'd love to stop by. Check out the post Upper Midwest Farmgirls under Chapters.
Drove through White Bear Lake MN yesterday on our way back from prom dress shopping (what a blast, my daughter looked like a princess) and saw a primitives shop. I am definately going back down there to check it out. Will take some photos and post when I do.

I have had such fun making bunny eggs. Thanks for sharing them with me.
blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile
Our little town has a giant easter egg hunt at the park with prizes and all sorts of stuff going on..the kids love it. The park is divided up into areas for different ages.
That is one thing I especially love love love about this little town..each holiday is celebrated up big.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  09:33:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
Frannie,

That sounds like so much fun! I would love to go to something like that and my kids would love it also except for my 14 year old who would think he was way to cool for that lol. I am going to celebrate Easter with my family and we are going to the park for a picnic and an Easter egg hunt. My sisters kids are one and three and mine are 10, 12 and 14 so it should be an adventure. Back to housework now.......

Cindy

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  3:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
OK miz frannie-

here is the recipe
Neighborly Cake

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teas baking soda
2 teas pumpkin pie spice

this is the dry mix to give to the neighbors

then the rest follows-
Pour your cake mix into an ungreased 9" square pan. Make three holes in the mixture in the pan. Pour 4 tablespoons vegetable oil into the first hole, 1 tablespoon white vinegar into the second hole, and 1 teaspoon vanilla into the third hole. Then pour 1 cup cold watwer over all the ingredients and stir well. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

now my thought on this is that it should include eggs. SO i guess i'll try it without and see how it turns out. But i'm thinking it will need an egg or two.
blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  4:32:26 PM  Show Profile
The friendship cake sounds so fun - DO let us know if it needs an egg or two!

Our little town (around 700 people) has an Easter Egg hunt at the town park. The kids really like it - and they are all so cute, running around like crazy! I was thinking about the cake walk, and I sort of forgot what that entails - I know there are cakes and walking......but could someone refresh my memory on the specifics? Maybe I could suggest it for our celebration - it sounds like so much fun!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  8:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Our "town" is really an unincorporated suburb, so there's nothing done with the "town". However, many of the local churches do Easter Egg Hunts on the day before Easter or something like that, and then do a Sunrise service along with regular services. Our "brand new" church (literally, yesterday was our first regular service) is doing two egg hunts in different subdivisions in our "town".

The hats and cakes sound really awesome though!

I'm thinking I need to find a big church doing a really neat Passion Play to take the kids too. Usually we also participate in a Maundy Thursday/Seder Meal, our former church usually hosts one and we may have to go back for a visit.

I LOVE Easter!

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2006 :  08:37:54 AM  Show Profile
We went to the town easter egg hunt on Wednesday - since my little guy is 2-1/2, we were in the "ages 1-3" area, which was a flat patch of lawn, about 20'x20', on which eggs and candy were laid out in plain sight - it was SOOOooooo cute - all of these little guys toddling around picking up one egg at a time, wanting to open it, look at it - eat it, without a second thought to getting "more." It was so fun to see these little ones - and it was interesting to see how not until they get older do they get the "more is better" thought process going on.

Anyway - it was so much fun - and Will is still talking asking me, "So, did a rabbit lay those eggs??? WHAT??!?!?!"

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Your Town Easter Celebrations Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page