Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Year Round Secret Santa! Gifts Received!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Year Round Secret Santa! Gifts Received!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 12

weaverchic
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

gerri
Largo Florida
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  5:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Today I recieved a random act of kindness from a "Special Sister"! I was not to certain what forum to post this on. The only forum that I have been actively following is this one for the Secret Santa. I would like to thank with a huge smile and hug to the Farmgirl Sister who sent me a lovely vintage floral table cloth. It's light blue with a trellis design with fruit and a blanket stitch around the border. I absolutely love it! I have a few of these card table sized table cloths from my late mother in law. They are so classic and I look at pictures from the late 50's early 60's with these on tables for outdoor BBQ's. I will certainly use this for my next family BBQ with envy by all!

Oh! and the memo pad is perfect, I was searching my stash for a new one. How did you know?

Thank you for brightening my day! [[[HUGS]]]

gerri
Farmgirl #1097

Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends.
-Pam Brown
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  7:37:47 PM  Show Profile
My too sweet Secret Santa has blessed me again!!! Wow.....she sent me the most beautiful handmade angel that her brother made.......made from twine, wood, pinecone pieces for wings and a wooden ball for a head with a sweet face and halo! She's just beautiful!! We also got an adorable kitty needlepoint ornament for our tree. Kitty has a cute little red Santa hat on! My daughter loves it....we have 3 inside rescue kitties!! Also got granola bars and gum and a too-cute kitty card with a note that I loved! Thank you so much Secret Santa!! Can't wait to find out who you are! Hugs and Merry Christmas in July!! Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  11:25:24 AM  Show Profile
I got Farmgirl Mail yesterday! What a great way to start the week. My SS sent a beautiful quilted wall hanging...it's on my pantry door for all to see as the enter my home. It's wonderful...thank you so very much! I have never tried quilting, but appreciate it so much! I also love the knitted dish cloth...it seems I never keep any that I make for myself. It's way more fun to have one sent to me to use! Thank you thank you thank you!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  3:04:19 PM  Show Profile
I hope this is the right spot to post. My absolutley fabulous ss has outdone herself. I learned that she has a newq farm four kids and tons of animals. Yet she manages to send me sweet packages each month. Thank You soooooooo much. she sent me some cute little notecards with my initial on it. As a darling broach I LOVE BROACHES!!!!!!!!!!!! if i didnt know beeter i would think you knew me personally... There was also a couple of precious little change purses, and an adorable pari of mary englebrieght flowered socks(tooooooom cute) and i adore homemade soap she managed to get that right too. you are amazing!!!! thank you for your thoughtfullness on top of your busy life. youre the best
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  04:09:37 AM  Show Profile
To my Secret Santa!!! Thank you so much for the July package! It's wonderful! You probably didn't know how much I love red, white and blue stuff, but I usually decorate with it and flags from Memorial Day on through the summer, so everything is perfect! The flag utensil holder is so cute, and will go right out on my patio with my things that I keep for serving meals! And the coordinating plates, napkins and coasters are so sweet, I can't wait to use them! Thank you so much for thinking of me, I love everything!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  04:53:22 AM  Show Profile
My very sweet SS suprised me with a package of a very delicate vintage night stand scarf with cut work and the tiniest most perfect satin stitched flowers. It is so lovely I am putting it in a place of honor. Along with it came a note about a vacation and "cool breezes" from the north which are much needed because the heat is going to be in triple digits for the next forecasted week with Monday being 103. WOW!

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  06:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to my Secret Santa. The gift card was a great gift. Now what do I want
to get?? You made my day. It was a long day at work and coming home last night to
find mail from you was just the greatest. Hugs sent your way. And really big Thank
you!
Go to Top of Page

Purdy Farm Girl
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Laura
Oxford NY
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  04:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Purdy Farm Girl an AOL message  Click to see Purdy Farm Girl's MSN Messenger address  Send Purdy Farm Girl a Yahoo! Message
I want to thank our host first of all for making this happen, she took time out of her busy life to make us a very nice year of special gifts. Second I would like to say that during this round I have slacked off due to some very awful circumstances that have had me more than in a tizzy. I am close to emotional break down and I want to say thank you to the person who had me first, I can't tell you what your gifts and notes have meant to me. I break down in tears when a package would come because the bad was over taking my life. Third I have to apologize to my girl, I slacked off, she is wonderful and I am close to back on track. Not working in 4 months doesn't do a mind a bit of good. So ladies... please think about the person who may be your sister...she may have alot on her plate and its not that she doesn't think of you...she can't think of herself somedays. Last...I have a new secret sister. She sent me some wonderful heirloom seeds from her family, a table runner hand stitched with butterflies, a fan which my Grace (3) LOVES!!and a wall plaque. I am thrilled. Thank you for loving me when I was unloveable....even from a distance

Happy is the man or women who works the earth!!

*Purdy Valley Farms* Laura*

Edited by - Purdy Farm Girl on Aug 06 2010 04:36:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  07:30:58 AM  Show Profile
My Secret Sis sent me the most wonderful package - a copy of the book, Sisters on the Fly (which I have wanted for ages), a recipe book of campfire cooking (which has tons of great recipes) and an adorable notepad for the kitchen. It was such a treat to open. Thank you!!!!!!!

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page

ijjie
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Joan
Knoxville TN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  3:18:41 PM  Show Profile
My Secret Santa Sister sent me a wonderful package today! Ghiradelli Raspberry dark chocolate YUMMMM. So far I have kept it away from my kids, but may need to have a secret snack tonight to keep from loosing it to the hungry monsters that inhabit my house.

Also beautiful foil butterfly stickers, a Minniesota magnet and a hand crocheted dish cloth. Thanks for the wonderful surprise!!!!

Joan

www.ijjie.blogspot.com; www.exploretheworld.blog.com; www.pittrock.com
Go to Top of Page

sewlazie
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Nell
Kinder Louisiana
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  06:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Send sewlazie a Yahoo! Message
After working an 11 hour day, I got home and checked the mail, and there it was. It smelled so good I couldn't wait to tear into it. I got a lavender saschet with some lavender seeds and several other gifties. Thank you so much. You made my day.
Nell

One stitch at a time, one day I may finish.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1807 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1807 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  1:13:23 PM  Show Profile
I received a SS gift today with a pincushion, glue, note pad, foot lotion,foot spray, chocolate, a pretty dish, and little pillow, buttons, and the other things. what wonderful gifts and a great surprise. this is really thoughful and I appreciate it all. Thank you so much.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  7:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
I received an awesome Secret Santa gift today it was three little ceramic holder that says LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  09:48:21 AM  Show Profile
I have an AMAZING Secret Santa! With less than 2 weeks left before I go back to school, my SS sent a Back to School package! A darling lunch sack with farm critters on it (I'm sure she made it), a beautiful canvas bag (I'm sure she made it too), a couple of bath spas (anit-stress and smoothing), a piece of material with dragonflies and butterflies (did you know I LOVE those?) and loads and loads of school supplies (including red pens and pencils hehe). Love love love everything you sent....you really spoil me!!!! Thank you.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

MelMel
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Melanie
Wa
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  08:37:17 AM  Show Profile
I am amazed at my SS...Everything is always packaged so pretty and smells so good. I adore all of the pretty vintage linens you sent. My favorite is the one with the Blue embroidered tulips...and I have many ideas for the old feed sacks. Thank You so much for this thoughtful fun!
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1807 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1807 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  5:28:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the tea cup, tea, garden gloves and hankies for July from my new year round SS. I love tea so thank you for the lovely gift.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Lorie Marler
True Blue Farmgirl

265 Posts

Lorie
Guymon Ok
USA
265 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  07:46:17 AM  Show Profile
My secret santa is amazing!! I love the Jersey Wooly painted sign. It is perfect!! The cook book is fantastic. I have been looking through it and love all the lessons in the back it is so neat!! I can't wit to wear the velvet brooch it is so adorable. I am so lucky to have a wonderful secret santa and geuss what we are having for dessert? Brownies!! Thanks again you are wonderful!!!!

http://bikerbunniesrabbitry.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  8:02:19 PM  Show Profile
Yipee!! Yesterday I received another wonderful package from my secret sister. Thank you so much! *big hugs* I'm happy to hear you are at home and feeling better, you are in my thoughts. Your package was in no way late and should have been the last thing on your mind. I understand life is unpredictable most days. Thank you for being such a sweetie and still sending something. I love the fabric quarters, trying to think of a fun project to use them for. The "Incredible Country Store" is great; I love Bit-0-honey's and there's a recipe for them in it! I spoke to my mom today and told her we should try making some for Christmas. Thank you also for the seasonal angel embroidery!

Take Care!!

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  5:00:40 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, thank you, thank you to my S.S. who sent me the most incred. package of craft fabric with farm scenes, a vintage quilt block, buttons and lots of flavored tea. I have just now decided to try my hand at quilting and this pkg. was a fantastic inspiration. I also need to let you know that I did rec. the book on "Kitchen Linens" and it was just darling! I order alot from amazon and when I got the book I thought to myself "I don't remember ordering this but I sure am glad I did." Glad you let me know I wasn't just crazy.

As for weather.... Whoo wee it is hot here!!! Temp. at my house was 107 when I got home from work, and it was 109 - 111 in town depending on where you were. I am so glad you are enjoying some reasonable temps. Keep thinking cool thoughts for me.

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  7:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I got a wonderful package today from that secret person . . . Indygo Junction Apron pattern!!! I LOVE IT!!! She knows I make aprons like crazy!! 4 wonderful pieces of coordinating lavender fabric.
And MJs "Farmgirl Wisdom" with magnet gift set . . . WOW!!
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Aug 24 2010 9:03:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  07:00:14 AM  Show Profile
I just opened a lovely package of beautiful fat quarters from my ss! Thank you so very much. I am going to use these on a new quilt that I am working on.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  7:47:22 PM  Show Profile
My package arrived two days ago, now I'm finally getting time at the computer to say thanks. My S.S.'s note said she hoped it has been a fruitful summer and it certainly has. The garden is keeping me mighty busy, but now I have some beautiful fat quarters along with rick-rack, lace and polka dot ribbon. The fabrics are great; one flowered, one with cherries and one with cute little bees. The cutest I can imagine. I am inspired to include them in a patchwork apron, but that will have to wait a bit for raspberries, tomatoes, pickles and green beans. But it gives me something delightful to plan and anticipate. Thanks so much!!

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  4:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
So sorry to loose my Secret Santa Marlene but it has been fun getting surprises in the mail. Thank you for the cute "Tea Time" dish towel and pot holder.

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry
Go to Top of Page

Purdy Farm Girl
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Laura
Oxford NY
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  7:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Purdy Farm Girl an AOL message  Click to see Purdy Farm Girl's MSN Messenger address  Send Purdy Farm Girl a Yahoo! Message
Is there any way to say thank you to the person who had me first. She was a lovely on the ball kind of gal and I would love to hear from her. If she needs to be on the prayer list for anything I would like to do that too. I don't know why she isn't doing the SS 2010 but I just wish her well. Thank You from the bottom of my heart. I hope you read my last post about what your packages meant to me!!

Happy is the man or women who works the earth!!

*Purdy Valley Farms* Laura*
Go to Top of Page

Mollymaude
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Vickie
San Angelo TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  11:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Received my Salt Water Taffy yesterday and a nice note. Yes, I do love Salt Water Taffy, especially the white with red stripes. Thank you for being a great Secret Santa!

Life is full of special surprises
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Year Round Secret Santa! Gifts Received!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page