Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Year Round Secret Santa! Gifts Received!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Year Round Secret Santa! Gifts Received!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 12

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  07:39:53 AM  Show Profile
Well my Secret Santa sent be a big box or goodies and fabric and treasures oh my it was so much and too much to list I loved it all the lemon candy is sooooo sour I cant stop eating it. I know how life gets in our way of our fun Thank you so much for remembering me.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  05:18:50 AM  Show Profile
My SS is really "on the stick" so to speak. She sent me the cutest note pad with a pen that looks like a real stick. Along with it came some fabric, stamps, stickers and homemade tags. You are right on target with everything about stamping and starting to quilt. The one thing I have already learned about quilting is that you cannot rush it if you want it to look right. I am glad you are having some good weather where you are as it is still in the high 90's here. To answer your question about fall trees, no we do not get all the riots of glorious color that you get in the north. I have been in the north to see the trees and of course there are pictures, but our trees go from green to brown to leafless in the space of 3-5 days. So don't ever take those beautiful changes in color for granted as there are those of us who are not so blessed. I think you baby is due on Nov. 14th? That is the day I also was blessed with a beautiful baby boy who has been a source of inspiration and joy all his life. I won't tell you how long that is since it would give away my advancing age, but let's say that he now has a beautiful baby boy which makes his specialness double. I am glad you have chosen to be part of the MJF family and to participate in the SS swap. Thanks for being so special too.

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

Purdy Farm Girl
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Laura
Oxford NY
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  7:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Purdy Farm Girl an AOL message  Click to see Purdy Farm Girl's MSN Messenger address  Send Purdy Farm Girl a Yahoo! Message
I got a wonderful package the other day in the mail. It had a bouquet of lollipops which I had to fight Grace and Danny over.. ok it wasn't a fight we shared... a set of new kitchen towels...a cook book with some receipes we are planning to try.. and a much needed notepad for the fridge. Mine ran out...I think My sister ran out so fast she forgot to send a note... Well sister.. Thank you so much for a much needed sweet pick me up. Love to you!!

Happy is the man or women who works the earth!!

*Purdy Valley Farms* Laura*
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  08:28:22 AM  Show Profile
My Secret Santa sent me a lovely birthday card and package of gifts. I don't remember telling anyone my favorite colors but the lovely blues she has shared are perfect. I got an apron kit, great to get me back started sewing after a crazy busy summer. There are coordinated buttons and bracelets and a cute "Celebrate" ring to hang up. Its a good reminder to keep being thankful and joyous, which can get lost in the day to day shuffle. What a sweetie she is!
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  2:54:19 PM  Show Profile
Wahoo! Another wonderful package from my secret sis, thank you!! The quilt squares and beautiful and the fall decorations are fun. I just spent Thursday and Friday at the Creative Connection in Minneapolis and went to a Farmgirl Round Up on Saturday night, where I was able to meet some local farmgirls and MaryJane and Meg. I'm just now catching up on e-mails and mail. Your packages always make me happy. I hope you are feeling well and that the weather by you is wonderful. I am loving fall.

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  2:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Thank you thank you thank you SS!!! I love the new scentsy scents that you sent (say that 10 times fast!). The "calming waters" is probably my favorite....I found a nightlight for scentsy so now I have 2 places I can have wonderful scents. You are AWESOME!!!!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  12:06:25 PM  Show Profile
I just received another wonderful package from my ss!! I opened the package and my heart stopped. There was a beautiful Mary Engelbreit calender and some very pretty letter monograms. I am so loving this package. Thank you thank you! You so totally made my day!!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  07:44:06 AM  Show Profile
My darling secret santa sent me a message that I will be receiving a subscription to Country Woman magazine. How cool is that! Thank you so much, dear secret santa. (((hugs)))

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Craft Zealot,
Newbie Fiddler, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  10:05:05 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Santa...you are AMAZING! After a truly manic Monday, I arrived home to find a package from you. Thank you thank you thank you! Talk about lifting me up! The coffee smells divine and I LOVE that I can make a single cup. Did you know that I always mix cocoa with my coffee? The pumpkins are darling and have a special place on the shelf above the TV. DH snitched some cookies, but I guess sharing is good (right?)The fabric is GORGEOUS...such vibrant colors. You spoil me and I thank you so very much!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  05:15:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Secret Santa...

Love it!! I have collected St. Bernard socks for a little while now and I didn't have this pair. It is something I used to do at the dog shows. And the magnet...never seen this one before either.. SO COOL!!

Thank you so much. Have a woof-erful day!

Wende

You know your a Farm Girl when...

Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  06:51:57 AM  Show Profile
I just have to thank my secret santa for the 2(yes 2!) packages she just sent to me.
I also want to tell her, please, please don't worry about being late, or getting behind, believe me I understand, and it was very sweet of you to send the 2 packages!
In the first package she sent some delicious key lime strawberry iced tea mix, enough for a whole gallon, and it comes with a little whisk, if you want to make just a glass at a time! And, this cute little drink koozie- I've never seen it before, but it's a corduroy wrap for your glass or bottle. The front says live, love, laugh. It's mine and I'm not sharing with anyone! :)
The next package had a neat crewel embroidery felt pillow kit. What a great idea this was! I can't wait to sit down and work on it! And, the pillow itself happens to be my favorite color- blue!
Thank you so much secret santa, I always enjoy your cards as well. I hope you are enjoying Autumn!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Purdy Farm Girl
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Laura
Oxford NY
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  6:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Purdy Farm Girl an AOL message  Click to see Purdy Farm Girl's MSN Messenger address  Send Purdy Farm Girl a Yahoo! Message
I don't think I posted for my next gift in October. I got the funniest jumping pumpkin toy that lights up and laughs with funny sayings. The kids and I are having a blast with it!! Much needed towels for the kitchen. I am terribly sorry if I didn't post this. Thanks a bunch!!

Happy is the man or women who works the earth!!

*Purdy Valley Farms* Laura*
Go to Top of Page

sewlazie
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Nell
Kinder Louisiana
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  05:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Send sewlazie a Yahoo! Message
I received some beautiful Christmas Fabric by Moda. I love it.
Thank you
Nell

One stitch at a time, one day I may finish.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  05:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I have had to drop out of this Year Round Secret Santa swap . . . BUT, I had received a wonderful package (posted it back a couple pages) from a new SS. But I don't know who that person was!!!! I'd love to know so that I can do a better job of thanking her!!!
Sent me the MJ Wisdom book set . . . Indygo Junction apron pattern, etc.
Who are you??
Thanks,
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  5:43:30 PM  Show Profile
Trick or Treat came early to my house! My S.S. sent me two pkgs. One with fall candies and stickers and the other with the most beautiful fall apron in browns with leaves printed on it and a clever cookie cutter to match. Thank you so much, I can't wait to start baking. Cookies - YUMMO

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

weaverchic
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

gerri
Largo Florida
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  2:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Halloween was in my mailbox today! I was pleasantly surprised with a package from my SS. My mailing box was adorned with cute felted Jack-O-Lanterns. Inside she gifted me with a seasonal dish towel with apples and 2 green dish cloths. I like to use dish cloths opposed to sponges. A handmade cloth "Trick or Treat" bag with a Halloween pin that reads "Trick or Treat" and has a ghost, black cat, and Jack-O-Lantern with candy corn charms on it. So adorable, it will look great on my demin jacket! A small wooden sign that reads "Trick or Treat" It's all about the treat! Will hang that on my autumn wreath on my front door. Some well needed recipe cards that are seasonal with a pumpkin and fall foilage. Just beautiful!
Thank you for thinking of me. Halloween and autumn are my favorite time of the year. After a long hot summer, I always look forward to the anticipated pleasant weather. Have a "HAPPY HALLOWEEN"

gerri

Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends.
-Pam Brown

Edited by - weaverchic on Oct 20 2010 2:11:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  5:53:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh...Secret Santa ...!!
What a wonderful box of Autumn fun!! Today , after a very trying day, I received a box of goodies to welcome Fall and Halloween.
Trying to get the photo in here is hard.
The box contained :
An Autumn towel, a wonderful hand made dishcloth, a book mark, and someting I just love and needed another one.. a hand made (from netting) dish scrubber!!!!!!
There was a cute little "Welcome"plaque with pumkins and funky fun Halloween socks. Cool!

Thank you again and again for making my day end better than it started.
Oh yes.. and a perfect CARAMEL APPLE jar candle.. I amlost forgot.. how silly I have in front of me and mmmmmmmmmmm it has a yummy frangrance.

Take care and Happy Autumn to you too.. you are awesome!

Wende
I think the photo will come up.

You know your a Farm Girl when...

Edited by - Wende on Oct 20 2010 6:04:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  2:57:59 PM  Show Profile
My Secret Santa did it again! Surprised me with a wonderful package that is!!
I opened my package today, to a wonderful SMELL! Yum! At first I thought it was the candy corn- how did you know I'm the only one in my family to eat it- no sharing, and love, love it?!!
But no, this was a different smell. So then I opened the cutest little kitchen towel, that says "ghoul friend" with the wicked witch of the north's legs hanging out the bottom, lol!
Then there was an adorable Halloween card- thank you!
Finally found the good smell- some wonderful Pumpkin Pie coffee from the coffee mill- oh, I can hardly wait until tomorrow morning to have some!
Thank you so much Secret Santa- everything is great! :)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  12:03:03 PM  Show Profile
My secret sis has done it again! I thought perhaps I'd receive a package from her today, and sure enough, when my husband brought in the mail there was the familiar handwriting of my secret sis. She sent me a package full of fun Laura Ashley office supplies. File folders, pens, note cards, a journal and binder clips, all with the beautiful Laura Ashley designs on them (pinks, blues, browns, greens). This will definitely brighten up my paperwork time! Thank you, tons, secret sis!!

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  6:56:04 PM  Show Profile
My dear Secret Santa sent a lovely package. There are adorable Halloween slippers, one of those magnetic note pads in a fall design that is now on my fridge, an adorable set of decorated little wooden pumpkins that are hinged and sit on the window sill by my kitchen sink and two fall decorated felt crosses. I am trying to figure out a place of honor for them.The colors are great in my kitchen, just have to find the right place.
There was also a delightful little Betty Crocker Fall Baking cookbook. Probably the first one I'll try is the Two-Berry Crisp with Pecan Streusel Topping. Wow, does that combination of blueberries and raspberries sound almost magical!

Such a sweet and generous Santa she is!

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver

Edited by - Cindy Lou on Oct 24 2010 4:36:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  8:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
My dear secret Santa thanks sooooo much for the great gift It received wash clothes with pumpkin and spiders.. STICKERS which I love and my favorite lib balm and a pocket calendar with pumpkins tissues thanks sooooo much!!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  1:32:12 PM  Show Profile
to my SS
received a lovely handmade bracelet
a pretty framed photo tea and notepad and pen
thanks so much for the sweet surprise
blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  09:36:07 AM  Show Profile
My secret santa has done it again! I just opened up a lovely package full of halloween and fall treats. I love the slippers! They are my new favorite thing to slip on my feet. Thank you so much for thinking of me.
hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  6:31:49 PM  Show Profile
I was pleased to recievve my special pakacge today. what i love about my ss is that she alwasy includes a sweetly wrtitten note. Todays note has my emotions raw. You said your husband is a navy pilot. My brother grew up his entire life wanting to fly. his days and night were spent at our small town airport just praying for someday being the pilot. He got his private license when he was 16 after working through high school Dave joined the Air Force. He did his time, but decided he would work for sacramento county sherriffs dept, which he did for many years. But the hunger to fly won out and Dave started flying again, He had just purchased a 66 mooney and he and his mechanic has built a new engine and it seemed all was well.. On theat day Feb 28 2009 after his pre flight checks Dave and his mechanic Gary took off. There was an immediate loss of enjine power and the plane recently fueled spiralled and slammed into the ground. I pray my brother died instantly, i need to hold on to that, an absolute tragedy. He had a wonderful full life. His wife and his two precious boys Sheadon and Aaron. Sheadon is following in his fathers sherriffs dept carreer and AAron is pursuing his musical carreer. The only reason I can continue to live is that i have my precious boys,They are all the best things of my brother rooled into each of them.. Whoops so sorry to go on, i just dont ever want my brother forgotten. He was a great son, wonderful father, husband and the best big brother any girl would ever want..I will read the book you sent me pronto. I have really been trying to stay focued in the Word.the scarf you sent is fabby since i am very patriotic... and i ADORE the blue brooch.....all the sweet little things you say and do are all treasured by me ss thanks so much
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  05:27:21 AM  Show Profile
sorry for going on in the last post. I forgot to mention dear ss that the wonderful jar of asparagus spears that you canned made it in tact!! we will be having those for dinner tonight. what a thoughtful sweet ss you are thanks so much cheryl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Year Round Secret Santa! Gifts Received!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page