CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  1:35:52 PM  Show Profile
it's a sunny/cloudy .. sort of 'quiet day' today .. i've been 'napping' and reading while travelling from a 'hired-man's bed' that i set up on the tin roof covered porch .. and the hammock out in the yard with beside the prayer flags and the wind chimes.

what a wonderfully lazy day! where do you girls take a little 'nappette' from time to time?

True Friends, Frannie

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  1:44:32 PM  Show Profile
No naps here! I'm one of those people who wakes up from naps disoriented, out of sorts, and feeling cruddy. I do fall asleep while watching a Sunday afternoon movie from time to time, but it's never a good thing. I'm jealous of those folks who can nap and wake up all rejuvenated!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Edited by - happymama58 on Apr 02 2006 2:45:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  2:19:44 PM  Show Profile
I can't fall asleep quickly and like Patti I don't do naps well. I do fall asleep in a chair while watching movies..and wake up sorta cranky and stiff. I am a night owl and would love to have a quiet long sleep late morning now and then..but not any year soon..too many kids and a cow to milk etc...
I wish I were the type that could take a quick cat nap and wake up refreshed!!
I do like to stretch out on the sofa or on my bed and read sometimes though!! Outside on the "sweetheart swing" in the summer for reading...I love a cool breeze and to stretch out on my stomach with my lavender scented pillow to read.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  2:50:06 PM  Show Profile
Well I did figure out that 10 to 15 minutes has to be it or I'am in a fog and don't feel so prety good. But as far as a quite day, I love to putter around, sometimes get in over my head and then it is not so much a quite day anymore and I could really use that 15 minute nappie.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  3:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I am one who can rejuvinate with a quick 10 minute snooze. I learned to do this when the hubby was in the hospital and it seemed I never could sleep. Now I take a quick nippy nap when I have too many stressful things going on and I can find the time. In a house full of kids, dog and cat I am lucky to find 10 minutes. Oh and by the way, our new little kitty is going to be a mommy. Apparantly came to us prego.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  08:18:50 AM  Show Profile
I only take naps when I can't keep myself from falling asleep. I feel 10 times worse afterwards. Can't figure out how to take a 10 min power nap, you can't set a timer because you don't know when you're going to fall asleep so I can end up with an hour nap and then I'm tired the rest of the day.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  09:28:30 AM  Show Profile
i'm not a 'napper' either really .. but yesterday was SUCH a treat day .. where i just stayed home and did 'dis an dat' .. and it was too lovely NOT to lay down and read for awhile .. and close my eyes.

i, too, cannot take a nap .. unless i'm OUT for the night! and if i DO nap .. i'm up t'il 4 or 5 a.m. bright eyed and bushy tailed!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  10:03:45 AM  Show Profile
If I could set the order of my days with any freedom, I would take a half hour nap in mid-afternoon. I did this when I was in college, and it was the most productive and healthy I've ever been. Definitely works best when I can stretch out and give my whole body a rest, but even ten minutes with my head down on a desk is better than nothing. Sadly, corporate culture frowns on this sort of thing. The worst thing you can do at my new job, from what I hear, is be caught sleeping. I guess they prefer me to be sleepy and unproductive.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  09:45:29 AM  Show Profile
I love naps! Don't get to often but I love 'em!

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com
www.smallsqrl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  6:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Amie darlin' .. take a ten minute 'potty break' .. and snooooze away! HA! i would occasionally go to the ladies room with my dolly basket and SEW! xo

p.s. jus' don't fall off!!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Krisathome
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Kristin
Iowa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  8:37:15 PM  Show Profile
I love days when there is nothing pressing to get done and I can just relax and read and yes, sometimes sneak in a nap. I have a very soft couch that I stretch out on. I wish I had somewhere outside but alas I don't have much of a yard.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  04:59:35 AM  Show Profile
I love a lazy day every now & again but they are very rare for me. I don't nap, not a great sleeper to begin with, always thinking of the next thing I need to do. A nice rooftop sounds pretty good.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  07:51:36 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,

I'd be more afraid of falling IN than of falling OFF!

Amie
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Lazy Bones! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page