sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  5:02:04 PM  Show Profile
i agree allie. the vet comes monday at 9. i am in over my head at this point. i emailed the gal and said she sold me an awful sick cow. i wanted my money back. she has not answered me yet. i think i hear her joints in that hip rubbing. that has got to be awful for her. i will give her some vits. do you know how much msm i can give her. she is about 700 lbs. but that is a guess. she is all bone. i gave her grain tonight and alfalfa. i am so worried about her udder. i cannot get anything out of iot with the milk machine or hand. she is all cottage cheese. i am going to do the cayanne pepper and oil on there tomorrow. i did the todays again and gave her 10cc of pen-aqueas. she could be antibiotic resistant from being on a dairy for 10 yrs. and life goes on . i am discouraged for sure.i will have the vet check for parasites too. i would never breed her in this condition. i just think its not going to get better.time will tell.thanks mfor the support tonight i feel very defeated. i was cleaning a 1 and 1/2 million dollar house and the captains chair to the dining set fell over. the leg broke off. i felt like someone needed to just shoot me. big hard day going to try to have a happy days farm night. sherrye i am not a big baby but i feel like one this minute.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  8:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, you have done so much for Faith. Don't get discouraged. It's really hard to know what you're getting without seeing first. And you were at the mercy of a very dishonest person. It's not your fault at all. You are so sweet to have even done all you've done without putting her back in the trailor and taking her right back. She has had a very good life since she's been with you. Even though it's only been a few weeks, these have probably been the best few weeks of her life.

So please try to see the good you have done for her. Don't give up. I know you feel like it and you're probably exhausted right now with worry and stress. But hang in there til Monday. I hope the vet can help.

Hugs and prayers, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  9:09:19 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Kristin - it is hard when we are worn down with work and worry - You are this sweet one's angel and it is hard to hold our head up sometimes. Just know there are many of us praying for you and your sick sweet one. Each day that she is in your care is a blessing and those who do good work are rewarded. Please keep us informed and we will keep you in our prayers.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  07:13:14 AM  Show Profile
oh girls thanks so much for the encouragement. i tactfully told the person last night what i thought of her animal care.that she had been dishonest with me. she emailed back she would take the cow back but not give my money back. WELL i most certainly will not take the cow back to that terrible place. i still may report her to the authorities. in this economy at least here we can not even get the dead animals hit by cars deer etc. off the roads. there is only one man now for 3 counties. i will report her anyway if the vet says she is starved.the gal has mini pigs and horses and large pigs also.i am going to do the cayanne thing on her udder today to get circulation going. will yake her temp. too she does seem happy in my DRY and CLEANbarn.sherrye
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  07:39:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would report her not just for animal abuse but also report her for a fraudulent sale! That way the police will look into it, not just the animal control officer.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  09:28:27 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Alee, this should be a legal matter - this was a false contract and there are damages owed. Once your vet has given you a clearer picture of the state of the girl you will then have the documentation to file a complaint. The problem is sometimes we feel it is are fault for not knowing but it is also the fault of the person selling the animal to knowingly sell a animal with health issues. Also if she is running an operation that is harming animals then their are laws against that too. This is the time we have to stand up for those who can not speak for themselves. You are one strong, brave and kind women but now you must roar!!! I have faith in your strength.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  12:32:19 PM  Show Profile
well i tried to milk her this am got 1/2 cup. she is no where full of milk BUT. there are lumps in there and i know she has swelling. i put bagbalm on her and cayanne pepper to get things moving. i will go out in an hour and try to milk again. gave her another antibiotic shot. wanted to stave off full body infection. next time i will wear longer gloves.lol i am one hot armed mama nowe. burned both wrists with the cayanne. she is so tough. not hardly a flinch. question. can vet give her steroids to reduce swelling and a shot to help with this? i would dry her off except been told cannot till this is cleared up. hope she lives that long. she eats good still. kinda getting attached to the old girl now. would hate to lose her. at least the HUGE cuts on her teats are looking better. pink skin. i cannot get a drop out of her without the machine.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  4:21:20 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, I am so sorry that you, and this poor cow are going thru this hell, its so sad in todays world that people are so dis-honest, this women knew darn well that she was elling you a sick, broken down animal. I wish I lived closer, cause I would go have one heck ofa talk with her for you. If you have any written contract with her at all, it should be enough to take her to court for all damages. Keep us all informed, and don't be hard on your self, you're an angel whose wings are not visable for doing all that you can for this poor girl.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  4:45:25 PM  Show Profile
thanks teresa, i do beat myself up over not being able to do more for her. my friend came today and we documented the condition of her body and her udder. still no milk out. she is in a pickle for sure. i can not stand to hear her bones grind. how is that ok? anyway tomorrow a dairy cow vet. i really think he is going to say to put her down that she is suffering. so i learned a lot. hands on is good. i have no written contact on paper. i do have all her emails where she assured me many times the coe could calve and was bright eyed and in milk. so i will save them for court. i do think i will file a civil suit on her for the cow.sherrye
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  6:10:55 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, make sure you take lots of pictures and of anything you can get from her bag,then freeze it for more evidence. Anyone who has been there with you and has knowledge, have them write it down and go to court with you also. Make sure your vet is willing to write things up for the courts too. Good luck and God bless.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  7:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherry- I hate to say it since the cow seems like such a sweetheart, but if her joint cushioning fluid and cartlidge is gone I think the humane thing to do is let her go. I am glad the vet is coming tomorrow and I hope that they will have something you can do that will help her get back to a comfortable existence.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  10:49:14 AM  Show Profile
well the vet came. she is healthy in all respcts overall. if she was not starved and had the hip issue. the hip joint has a piece broke off where the ball rides. so every time she walks it pops in and out. he said yes this is painful to the cow. he said if i were to put weight on her it would hurt more since more to carry around. he said if i could get her in a condition SOMEDAY to breed the calf weight would hurt her a lot. he said she is now dried up. use tomorrows and check her bag now and then. she is a 2 on a cow condition scale. so a catch 22. pain is my middle name lol SO i have a sore spot about allowing any animal of mine to be suffering. he said she cannot walk very far. if she needed to go the distance so to speak it would be very painful for her.i am sad at this. she is such a good girl. i think the best as i cry as i write this thing i can do for her is take her out of her misery. darn i am sad. thanks girls she also has parasites on her back. well must get my head on straight and carry on sherrye
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  11:36:36 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, I'm so sorry. I was hoping the news would be better. I know you are sad and upset. You'll make the right descision, for her and for yourself. It's not easy. But if she can't be bred and carry a calf without being in horrible pain, she can't make more milk. And that's what you got her for. This really just plain sucks, for lack of a better word. I'm just so sorry you have to go through this. My thoughts and prayers are still with you. Have a good cry. You deserve it. You've worked hard these past few weeks.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  5:45:58 PM  Show Profile
I am so very sorry Sherry, but you are doing what is right for her, someone else had got her, God only knows what kind of misery her life would be.

Go to Top of Page

sacredwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Kristy
Narka Kansas
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  6:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see sacredwolf's MSN Messenger address  Send sacredwolf a Yahoo! Message
OMGosh I have read through all of the post and it made me tear up. I am so sorry for your loss but it is the best thing for her. You are a saint and on the straight path to heaven. We could all learn from you. So, so sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  7:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sherry! I am so sorry to hear that! The poor cow! I think you will be giving her a mercy to give her a painless dignified end. I know that is sad and very heart wrenching right now. But at least she has had some wonderful time with you! *hugs* I am sure she is grateful for your time with her!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  08:33:00 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, my heart aches for you. All of us animals lovers know how hard it is to put an animal out of "our" misery, theirs because they are in pain and ours because there is nothing else we can do. Even though you have to end it, Mirabelle's last days were with you, a loving, caring person, she knows it and deep in your heart so do you. Have a good cry, take care of business and have another cry because that is how us farmgirls carry on. Hugs and prayers for both of you.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  09:06:56 AM  Show Profile
This is the part of loving animals that is the hardest and I think sometimes the reason why others might not get attached the way some of us do. Over the years I too have had to place the need for release above my need to hold on - it is never easy and still pains me when I recall those actions but I know that some of the animals who have come to me where because I would help them leave this world. I know that their time with me was a healing for both of us and that if it where not for me taking them in for whatever limited time they had their last days on the planet would have been short of torture. My heart is with you and I wished there was a way to easy the pain but just know she is one lucky cow for coming into your home, heart and care. You too are lucky because you have been given the chance to give another love before their passings.

Blessings to you and prayers always.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  06:52:08 AM  Show Profile
goodmorning farmgirls, thanks to you for all the support and love sent our way. yesterday i cleaned poop piles out of the barn. when its so cold it goes in the corner. well the whole time the old girl just hung out with mr and the tracter. she is a sweetie thats for sure. she goes around the 15th. we been hanging out some together. i think she is still losing weight. i am going to have them photo her hip when she is down. it will be a challenge to file a complaint from over here for over there. the money is secondary to the abuse. i think it does need to be on file with animal control that this happened. my friend chris is head of humane society here. i am going to call her. i have just only now thought of this. i am going to ask her to come for a look before faith is gone. the encouragement to see this thru has been awesome. i thank you for that. i have kept all emails. we are in a gentle weather pattern now so using tractor to clean up. those of you cold right now so sorry. i am hoping its over for us. we have very odd weather here at the base of the cascades. happydays sherrye
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  11:18:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sherry. Cleaning up poop today. What fun. How's the weather there? It's snowing here. The calf is out there in it and seems to be enjoying ti. I was going to put her back in the stall but she seems to be ok out there. I will soon, though. I won't want to go back out. I have water and hay for everyone, especially the goats. They don't go out in this stuff.

I hope you are able to get something done about this lady. Good luck with it. Faith is so lucky to have come to your place.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  2:40:04 PM  Show Profile
it turned darn cold here. here i brag about it being warm and now everything is a sheet of ice. i have a stall mat outside the milk room. slick wow. i had to get the ice off before i brought buttercup in to milk. the photos i have of faith. was going to at least try and post a good one. does anyone want to see her poor condition.? its up to all of you that helped so much. wether you want to see the bad ones or not. will tryu to post6 in next few days. we got them on photobucket today. and isabella rescue cow a31 that is doing super.happydays sherrye
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  4:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, do you have a picture of her when you first got her? I wish I could post pictures. I just can't seem to. Are you getting plenty of milk from Isabella now? I just went and got 2 gallons from my friwend and her fridge was full of milk. It's so good.

Be careful in that barn with the icy floors. That would not be good to slip and fall. For you or the cows.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  5:54:17 PM  Show Profile
no first pics, she is so cute. i can see when she walks it hurts. she does not leave the cow barn. it is warm and dry in there. my friend that has a cow jersey in milkis helping with posting oics. i have no clue yet.being dyslexic does not help lol anyway we will try to get pics up soon. she is signing up to the sight tonight. how are you all doing. we are gonna be slick for awhile.i use a golf cart to get around it slips alover. pretty fun sherrye.lsabella is dry and at lisas with her jersey. they are buddies now. she is preggie with pvt. pyle mini jersey. she will calve aug. so only buttercup and i am sharing with the calf. so 1/2 gallon s day. her milk is white. so who knows who cross. shes agreeable now and very sweet. i just make it work. i sell a gallon milk and dozen eggs for $9.00 it pays for her grain etc.i gorgot i was friends with the gal that runs the humane society here. so will call her tomorrow. see how we can get this girl accountable for her lack of actions. sherrye
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  07:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherry- any news on the cow?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  12:35:26 PM  Show Profile
she is hanging out in the barn. she will not walk anywhere. nor does she need to. she is eating and poopinglol non stop. she is happy with buttercup.we have her schedulled for tues afternoon. till then she is eating ha ha. we are going to have them photo her back end when she goes down. so no new news till then. thanks for asking alee. we are going to post photos when we get time. she is a cutie and very sweet. sherrye
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic rescue jersey # 2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page