windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4284 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4284 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  4:20:07 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, I see you are having fun with ice. What I have done is buy a bag of barn lime, and throw that on the ice. It helps alot and is pretty cheap.
good luck
Michele
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  3:44:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sherry. Just checking in on you. Hope all is well. I am thinking about you.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  3:47:12 PM  Show Profile
well girls you are going to be upset. here goes i have not cried really yet. we loaded faith into the trailer and took her to be put down. i had called and spoke to katlyn at the butcher place several times. i was trying to prepare them. i needed them to know we did not do this to faith. well when they saw her they turned her down flat. i was not there. loading her back up was bad. papa brought her home. we shot her ourselves. so very sad.....we have friends that have 200 acres. papa is taking her out there. she will feed some wild animals. we have a cold one coming. the butcher place wants to help me prosecute the woman. they are willing to testify. so tomorrow the legal journey will begin. at least now the old girl is at peace. no pain for her anymore. her hoof is actually a different shape than her others. it has been a long injury for her. she just had had enough.bless her heart when we ask her to load into the trailer to go she went right in. she was such an agreeable cow. so the story continues.learning as we go silk purse farm sherrye
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  3:58:20 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, oh my goodness. How awful for you. And for that poor cow. What a good girl she was. I so hope you can get that woman thrown in prison or alse everything she owns taken from her. There is just no sense in this. It should not have gotten to this point at all. I am so sorry you had to go through this but glad you were there for this old girl. Please keep us updated as to your progress with the legal issues. Go get her!

Hugs coming your way, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  8:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherry- I think you did the right thing in helping tht poor girl. You gave her some great weeks to have a good end to her life and then gave her a dignified end. I am so glad that you were in her life at the end! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  10:36:35 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry that it turned out that way. I hope you do pursue going after this woman for such abuse. Your heart must be on the ground. At least she knew love and affection for awhile. For once in her life a good hearted human gave her their all. Kudos Sherry.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  05:52:17 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, I cannot express my admiration for you through this hard time, others would not have been so kind and caring. I believe that she knew it was time and was glad to get it over with, that's why she was so cooperative. Now, do what you can to make that woman "pay" for what she did to that sweet cow. Most of the world does not care that animals have souls, and those of us who do, are better off.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

sacredwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Kristy
Narka Kansas
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  05:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see sacredwolf's MSN Messenger address  Send sacredwolf a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry for you Sherrye. I can not imagine what you have gone through but I know that you have a heart of gold. You are a wonderful women and I am sure Faith was so happy to have meet you and grateful to you for showing her love and care. I really wish there were more people like you in the world. (HUGS)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  11:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherrye...my heart aches for you. That woman should never be allowed to have another animal again! Ever!! Such a swindler. (((Hugs to you)))

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  6:25:06 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad she was with someone who would care about her in the end. My heart goes to both of you. vicki
Go to Top of Page

Lorie Marler
True Blue Farmgirl

265 Posts

Lorie
Guymon Ok
USA
265 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  07:04:35 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry Sherrye!! You were a blessing to her and I am sure she will be around in spirit to help you if ever needed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic rescue jersey # 2 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page