Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Jane Austin Book club update! first page!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Jane Austin Book club update! first page!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  7:52:35 PM  Show Profile
I have read 5 chapters so ready whenever everyone else is...no rush ladies...I read fast..lol

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  12:16:26 PM  Show Profile
Was wondering the same thing? I will be ready when you ladies are!! Think I may try the Sally Lunn bread recipe today from the Austin recipes. Happy reading! Linda

country at heart
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  7:59:40 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Alright Ladies just give me 2 more days! Would it be alright if we discussed it on Monday?
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  06:12:43 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to join in also if it's not too late. I love Jane Austin books.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  09:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sure Brenda! Sign up is closed but I think I'll just let people join in when ever they want.
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  2:30:38 PM  Show Profile
Monday will be fine. I just got my electricity back so I am playing catch up here on the boards.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

yquiltsalot
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Yvonne
Renton WA
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  06:44:20 AM  Show Profile
I love Jane Austen and decided for 2010, that I need to read them over again--and savor them this time (first time through was a mad rush to devour them all!) Just finished reading Northanger Abbey. I'd read that was her first novel, although not published until after her death. Taking a brief respite to read "Jane Austen Ruined My Life," by Beth Pattillo, but I'll be following this chat! Nice to know there are more Austen lovers here in farmgirl land...
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  08:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful Yvonne!

Ok sorry I am late. So here is our first question for the book club! It is very lame and I will try and come up with a few good ones but this is all I could think of this morning ( I haven't had my tea yet so I'm still asleep lol) but at least it will give us a start!

If you could be anyone in the book who would you be? ( I told you it was lame)

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  7:23:53 PM  Show Profile
Well I think that is a good question. I would probably be Marianne. she thinks like me..so I relate to her and can understand her mind. Too bad this is not pride and prejudice...I would have no problem with this question..lol and Channah you thought it was lame. I can so relate about tea.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  06:19:26 AM  Show Profile
I actually think thats a good and fun question! For me, I think I have more in common with Elinor, yet when younger, I kept the same 'romantic' notions as Marrianne. But then, as young women, don't we all kinda do that? Happy reading! Linda
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  7:13:31 PM  Show Profile
I agree Linda...good point about the romantic notions...I am not as young anymore..lol..but still a romantic at heart.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  7:15:59 PM  Show Profile
at this moment, my husband and I are watching (again) "Becoming Jane" with Anne Hathaway. I'd better grab my copy of Sense and Sensibility so I can join the discussion. I looked at the link mentioned last night and took the tour of her cottage - and today via UPS, we got our Belle Notte linen sheets for our bed - I am ready!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  7:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hello KJD, sign up is closed but you can join in the fun!!! Can't wait for you to join in!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  07:36:59 AM  Show Profile
Looking forward to Monday! Have a great weekend ladies! Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  8:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You ladies are sweet. I guess I would have to be a mix of Elinor and Marianne. :)
The more I have been reading the more I dislike Mrs.John Dashwood. She is so self centered and thinks only of her self. And her husband does what ever she says. A man like that would drive me crazy!! I must say that I dislike her very much. Does anyone else agree?

So lets try and finish this book this month and go on to the next. If you find something intreasting while you are reading and whould like to talk about just post. :)
Happy Reading!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  9:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh, do not like her either! She is such a snob and John is like her 'puppy dog'. With the 1st question, I didn't think about the mother, Mrs. Dashwood. She seems kind, gentle spirited. Doing her best to raise 3, very different in temperment, young ladies. Trying to stay strong and do the best she can! I like her! Enjoy reading!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  7:56:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh I would not get along with her either. She would rub me the wrong way and I would probably sprint to not have to be around her.

Happy Reading ladies
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  7:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
did I tell you that I don't like her one bit?? lol
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  8:04:44 PM  Show Profile
I think we are all in agreement that none of us like her...lol

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  4:53:08 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join also. I was in a Austen book club but, it went nowhere and I read Northanger Abby and Pride and Prejudice. Which book are we to read first?
delicia
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  6:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Delicia, I'm so glad you are joining!! YAY!! The list is on the first page. We are finishing the book this month!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  07:43:02 AM  Show Profile
So I need to get Sense & Sensibility and get it finished right away? I am really excited.
Hugs back at ya,
delicia
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  09:49:15 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to join in with you all! Hope its not too late. Please let me know and what book you are start with, Please. this will be fun, I always like to discuss books and see what others think.
Blessings,
Brenda
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  3:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Yay!!! I am so excited!! Is it alright with you Tammy?? Just so you all know I would never turn any of you down. :)
Brenda, the book list is on the first page.
Delicia, Try your best and read as much of it as you can. We read one Jane Austen book every 2 months so we have lots of time in between in case something comes up.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  6:14:32 PM  Show Profile
Channah,
anything is ok with this Jane Austen girl...I am just so glad to see so many who love reading Jane Austen.

blessings
tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Reading Room: Previous Topic Jane Austin Book club update! first page!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page