Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 PenPals for my daughters :)-UPDATED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic PenPals for my daughters :)-UPDATED Next Topic  

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  6:38:34 PM  Show Profile
List has been started and all that showed interest have been transfered to PenPals for FarmKids.
UPDATE:We have started a thread for PenPals for FarmKids.
Those that showed interest please post over there. Thank you so much.

OK once again I dont know if this is where I should post this but here it goes. I thought cause it had to do with my kids this might be the appropriate place. Please forgive me if it isnt, I am still learning

My duaghter saw my print out for my secret santa and she said they sounded very interesting and of course wanted to do something like that as well. I also told her I have a couple of pen pals too. She asked "what you e-mail them?" I said "no ma'am, you write the old fashion way and send it through the mailbox" My step daughter perked up right away and said she would love to do that. So I suggested to them I will post it here and I'm sure some other farmgirls have daughters that would be interested.

So here is my ? Do any of you Farmgirl Ladies have daughters that would be interested pen pal-ing my daughters. One is 16 and one is 15. Maybe we could start a new thread for and get ones interested connected with others. hmmm. What do ya think.

Thanks bunches

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)

Edited by - Kayce on Jan 08 2010 05:58:00 AM

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  7:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Kayce, There is a thread under Across the fence called The lost art of letter writing. I would be intrested because I am 14 almost 15 years old. Let me know!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  7:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Kayce, Did you get my e-mail? let me know!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

kristina
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

kristina
Glastonbury ct
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  7:57:28 PM  Show Profile
I was looking for pen pals for my daughters and came across your post. My daughters are only 6 and 7 but I loved the idea of a thread to connect many interested pen-pallers (is that a word?) together! If there are any readers out there with girls that would like to connect the old-fashioned way (pen and paper and stamps) please let me know!
Thanks! Kristina
Go to Top of Page

guerin
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Jennifer
Shandon Ohio
88 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  05:57:07 AM  Show Profile
i have two boys 9 and 6 who would probably love to have a pen pal :)
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  3:59:20 PM  Show Profile
I have boys 7 and 12 and the 7 year old probably would like it for a little while and then would probably lose interest as his attention span is nil. lol

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  5:19:49 PM  Show Profile
It looks like boys Rule I have a 10yr and a 6yr old boy. Of course my teen girls RULE! I think it is a great idea for the " millenial generation and/or the net generation" to have old fashion pen pals. To have them experience something other than texting, IMing, etc.

I know there are at least 3 other threads for pen pals but those are more intended for us sisters. What do you think about starting a thread topic that tends to the "Children" of the sisters that want to join in the fun.... of sending and receiving through that metal box propped on a post(mailbox) that stands at the front of the property.

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  7:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
you ladies should start a thread!!!

Kayce, did your daughters want to be penpals with me. If not it's ok.
hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

guerin
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Jennifer
Shandon Ohio
88 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  09:28:17 AM  Show Profile
I think a thread for children would be awesome. It is a skill to write letters (patience to wait for the return reply is one skill that comes to mind :) )

I am serious about offering up my two boys. Again, ages 8 and 6. I know they would enjoy it, at least for a ltitle while anyway!

If anyone has children who are interested drop me an email and I'll send you my address!
Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  09:39:00 AM  Show Profile
I have two boys. One will be 7 on the 19th and the other will be 11 in March. They would be excited to have real pen pals!

Tanna
Farmgirl #644
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  5:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Kayce: my daughters are 14 1/2 and almost 16. We are gearing up for a life in the country and farm. They are curious but wary about this change. Pen pals would be great for them (and me). Email me and we can exchange information!
Happy New Year!
Sherry

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  6:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
As a matter of fact, after reading all the posts, anyone interested can email me directly. I've been introducing the art of letter writing to my girls and love to do it myself. In this high-tech world with all the text messaging and emails, the thing I look forward to the most is getting some real letters in the post!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page

kristina
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

kristina
Glastonbury ct
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  7:11:27 PM  Show Profile
I love the idea of a thread for children! My daughters are only 6 and 7 and are interested in sharing letters with other girls their age (This is not meant to be an insult to all the boys out there interested in pen pals. They're just in their gender-specific stage right now.) Who wants to start a thread - or better yet - who knows how?
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  7:18:58 PM  Show Profile
I will work on a thread with simple rules and pairing up pen-pals in the morning but right now gotta get some shut eye so I can wake up bright and shiney.

Kayce

Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  05:55:59 AM  Show Profile
OK, Sorry about the lag. I am transferring all that were interested on this post and adding to the list over at PenPal for FarmKids. That way (IM HOPING) It will stay neat and organized.
Please hang with me through the beginning of this
Thanks Bunches
Kayce

Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  06:01:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey Chicken Necker I have emailed you Thought I would put it here incase the emails have been going into the spam section.
I know I have to check both places.

Thanks Bunches
Kayce

Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic PenPals for my daughters :)-UPDATED Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page