Author Technical Support: Previous Topic unsubscribe? Next Topic  

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  11:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Gabe,
Can you tell me why I can't unsubscribe from threads/topics? The little icon just has a "ka-pow" star come up when I hit the Okay button to unsubscribe and it doesn't unsubscribe me?????? Thanks!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  12:22:33 PM  Show Profile
It's been an issue for a while, apparently. For example, I'm noticing that I can't get the subscription function to work in my IE8 at the moment, but it worked in IE8 and IE7 on other computers just now, and has always done fine in Firefox. Pop-ups being allowed specifically or not for maryjanesfarm.org also doesn't seem to matter.
I'm not sure what the 'ka-pow' effect is that you mention. Are you getting a little alert window, asking to confirm or deny (OK or Cancel), you click OK, but then the screen sort of flashes, like when you refresh it, and then nothing has changed really (except the alert window went away)?
I can help you by manually removing subscriptions, though. Just let me know which by replying to the email I sent.
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  12:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh, and just to note what to expect to happen when it is working correctly... you should click the subscribe or unsubscribe icon (depending whether you're already subscribed or not, it changes), then it should pop up an alert window asking to OK or Cancel the subscription. Press OK, then a new window should pop-up with a confirmation and a "Close window" link, all while the window with the page of the Chatroom you were viewing stays in the background. Then click close, and the pop-up will close, and you're now focused again on the Chatroom. That's it.
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  12:29:27 PM  Show Profile
It's also possible, though irritating how often I have to resort to this excuse, that corrupted cookies may be causing issues. Thus, logging out of the Chatroom, deleting cookies (or all temporary internet files) in your internet browser, and making the Chatroom recreate them when you log back in would clear the problem up, if that is the case.

Also, Javascript has to be allowed in order for everything to work fully on the Chatroom.
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic unsubscribe? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page