kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  06:32:59 AM  Show Profile
I just stuck it in the oven! I can't wait to try it. It smells heavenly already. Has anyone else made it yet? I guess I'll just do mashed taters, too. And some brocolli.

Happy Sunday, ya'll!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  4:16:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kris! I haven't made the pot roast (actually, I don't think I've even seen the recipe...?), but I just made her "Apple Cake in an Iron Skillet" for the Christmas dinner at our Church this evening. Oh MY! What HEAVEN! I had to double the recipe because my pan was HUGE and the first batch of batter that I made didn't cover the apples at all. I couldn't find a dish big enough to turn it out onto, so I had to use a large round, plastic christmas tray I found way in the back of the cupboard. Well, the darn thing was so HEAVY it cracked the tray when I turned it out of the pan! (it was cool enough not to heat the plastic that I lined with waxed paper first-- good thing, 'cause I almost missed the tray completely!). I snitched some of what was left in the pan and.... OH MY! (did I already say that?) Just that little taste was yuuuummmy! Can't wait to try a REAL piece!

I also have a pan of her dough recipe sitting on the stove waiting to be pounded into "Caramel apple sticky buns." I was up 'till nearly 1:00am this morning writing out recipes from her blog (and laughing myself silly at her off the wall descriptions of the process of each). Guess I should just break down and buy her cookbook. I KNOW that's one I really WILL use, instead of just storing it in my cupboard along with all the OTHER cookbooks collecting dust.

Enjoy your pot roast! Hugs~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  7:53:22 PM  Show Profile
Guess I'd better look for that recipe!! The apple cake looked great, and I did try MM's sandwich the other night (can't remember the exact name of it), the one that uses the cube steak. Yummo Ramma!! I guess I'd better look for her cookbook also!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  07:00:00 AM  Show Profile
The roast was very good. But since I have grass-fed beef, I had to take the veggies out after the 3 hours and cook the meat a few hours longer. But the flavor was wonderful. And it's all gone!

Now where did you get the apple cake recipe? I just looked to see if it's in the book but it isn't. What an experience you had, Tracy.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page