Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Keep us in your prayers, please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Keep us in your prayers, please Next Topic
Page: of 3

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  05:03:01 AM  Show Profile
I'm new here but my husband and I really need some prayers. Tom is 60 and just got laid off December 15th. I am unable to work outside the home because of physical problems. He has spent everyday looking and searching the web for jobs and I have been checking into jobs that can be done at home. So far no response. Tom and I live our life for Christ and know that he must have something else planned for us. So we are trying to keep up our faith and listening to what he has to say and the direction he wants us to go. I do feel that he has brought me here to share with all you know that you will be there with prayer's and support. What is hardest is that I'm always the giver and not the receiver. We know that at his age that finding a job will be very difficult. We both would sincerely appreciate all the prayer's that are out there to be given. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  06:06:20 AM  Show Profile
I wrote you privately. God bless you and Tom. I stand with you my sister

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  08:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, you and Tom are in my prayers.

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  2:19:46 PM  Show Profile
Claudia thank you so much for your email. I felt God's love coming through the message. And Kayce, also a thank you for your prayer's. And yes I know that we are to just be thankful! For which we are. We have the love of God through this change and know that he will carry us through. Sister's are a blessing, thank you, Brenda
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  3:08:26 PM  Show Profile
Remember Brenda, before you get up in the morning...know that God is in control and with you and He has sent you sisters to help carry the burden through prayer!! Blessings to you!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

cntry@heart
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Diane
Clinton MO
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  2:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Both of you are in my prayers. I do hope that you find something soon. Brenda - where is Pleasant Hill? I am in Clinton and wondered we are close. I am fairly new to this area - we have only been year about a year. Clinton is between Springfield and KC
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  3:22:30 PM  Show Profile
Lora, loving thoughts and prayers, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

traceyg
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Tracey
Grosse Ile Michigan
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  4:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Brenda and Lora,
Sending love and prayers your way!

Tracey
Go to Top of Page

elisa in the woods
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Elisabeth
Central Florida Florida
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  8:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Lora and Brenda,

I too will keep you in my prayers. God is a God of Love, and of miracles when things seem hopeless. Where a door shuts, another opens. I promise that when you feel weak and fragile, if you keep giving it to Him, He will carry you and will meet your needs. The Scriptures say that He knows the end from the beginning! I rest in this when times are uncertain.

I lift you both as Sisters in Christ...with love.

Thou wilt keep them in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee. Isaiah 26:3

http://elisa-in-the-woods.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  10:35:45 PM  Show Profile
Lora and Brenda - just saw this thread! I will be praying for both of you and your families. I can relate at I was laid off for 19 months but called back to my old job 2 days a week. These are tough times for people - but God is in control of everything!!

Handmade Soap, Lotion Bars & More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  10:58:27 AM  Show Profile
Diane, Pleasant Hill is about 15 miles south of Lee's Summit, Mo. We are not very far from each other at all. I've lived here for 35 years. Moved here from Kansas City, Kansas. Clinton is a very nice town, it's been awhile since I was there, but they use to have alot of great craft and antique shops. Do they still? Maybe we can meet soon.

Classygram/Brenda
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  11:02:46 AM  Show Profile
Also, I want to thank all you girls for your prayer's. I really do feel that the Lord has sent me to this site. This week I have been working for a marketing company at home. If you are interested to check it out, please do. My web site is, http://www.womensdreamteam.com/Brendad Hope to see that you have visited. I do want to send prayer's for all those in Haiti and their families still waiting for word of their loved ones.

Classygram/Brenda
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  11:33:27 AM  Show Profile
...praying for you also.
(((HUGS)))

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  06:56:35 AM  Show Profile
Still thinking and praying for you!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  08:10:05 AM  Show Profile
goodmorning lora, i just wanted to say how sorry i am for you and all those out of work. we have been on unemployment for 14 months now. amazes us how little is really needed to get by nicely. after trimming the fat we trimmed the rest. no cable etc. we also checked into goverment help. we are almost 60. papa worked for the same person for 14 yrs. now the owner who had 160 employees is doing the work himself. what a changing world. i wanted to say that we went to the making homes affordable web site. it is gov. made there we found a local SAFE place to go for home help. first thing they said was do not move. next you must speak to someone in your mortgage co. in LOSS and MITIGATION. they are the only ones that can truly help you. CALL EVERDAY. we are not late on a payment yet. this will be the month. so losing our farm could be imminent. we have come to the conclusion after 14 months of pitiful income that WE are what matters. WE can take our cows etc. somewhere else and live. this is just dirt under our feet. we love our God and each other. i was not sleeping and waking at 1 am in fear. when i prayed and came to grips with the thought that change was coming i am better. who knows what tomorrow will bring.for me losing our great credit rating and now the house, i would say its down hill from here. none of it really matters. its all just stuff. mind you stuff i enjoy and am comfortable with-still stuff. so very many folks are in this boat. i have friends who had LOTS LOTS of money now have none. those of us on simple money lifestyles like farmgirls do so much better. we make do with what we have. i am going to add you to my prayer lora. i find new ways to trim things back everyday. just a thought or two. learn as we go silk purse farm
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  6:57:00 PM  Show Profile
Lora and all who are unemployed: God provide you with his blessings. You are prayed for daily. I can't immagine what you are going through. But I truly care. Love Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

elisa in the woods
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Elisabeth
Central Florida Florida
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  7:17:07 PM  Show Profile
I want to add to Bonnie's beautiful and caring post by saying that my heart goes out to all who are going through such terrible times. I agree with Bonnie and lift you in prayer, knowing that God will provide. You are in my heart, on my mind, and in my prayers,
Warmly,
Lisa

Thou wilt keep them in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee. Isaiah 26:3

http://elisa-in-the-woods.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  8:28:35 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, My prayers are with you and everyone that is out of work. Yes, having things are not the important thing in life. If we keep our faith, health and have our loved ones we are very blessed. I mentioned that I was working on a marketing web site. Well I had to let that go, because they just wanted more and more money and that just wasn't going to work. I'm just really concerned about Tom. He is really getting down about not hearing anything back for all the resume's has been sending in. And the fact that he feels he's failed because he promised to take care of me. I told him that his love is what he promised and right now that's what I need. And we are here to support each other. So we will march into each day, knowing that the Lord is leading us somewhere. It did bring me be to this site and to meet all you wonderful and caring women(farmgirl-sisters).
Blessings, Brenda
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  06:38:52 AM  Show Profile
Lora....my heart just sank when I read your post!

After being "downsized" 2 years ago I found a completely unrelated position almost one year to the day after I lost my job and with only 2 weeks of unemployment benefits left. I have been employed off and on all of my adult life in between children! And now, I have been unsuccessful in finding a position in my field or even just a temporary job for a very, very long time--that has never happened to me before---I have always been able to get a decent job. I, like you, have posted many, many applications including resumes and cover letters to no avail. The jobs are just not there anymore.

I live in a rather desolate area of Michigan where jobs have always been hard to come by, but I did manage to have a very brief period of employment that abruptly ended in October...I was miserable; in that it created havoc for me personally as well as within my own family and ultimately financially. Today, I wish I would have stuck the situation out and plowed through it. At least we would have had some money coming in. But, I truly believe that there is a plan for us whether we agree with it or not. Have faith... you are not alone Lora.

In all my life I have never seen the job market, or what's left of it, the way it is now. I am so sorry this is happening to you especially the way it was handled. Heartless.

Take care.

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert
Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

cntry@heart
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Diane
Clinton MO
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  4:03:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda and Lora - I don't know if this will help or not - but I have a friend who is in the same boat as the two of you. Her husband is doing a handyman sort of thing - he has posted in grocery stores, churches and real estate offices and he goes in and fixes things for them. He is bonded of course - but it has opened up some doors for him. She is unable to work as well and she has taken in mending, ironing and cooking for folks. It has gotten them through for awhile now.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  5:50:37 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Diane! I have thought about babysitting. I taught pre-school for several years. I've thought about advertising for mending and any other sort of help they may need. What I can't do, Tom should be able to. Great Idea, we will sure give it a try.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  5:17:32 PM  Show Profile
Update! Went to the doctor for my back and after two mri's in two years there has been such a change that he's sending me to the surgeon. Have tried to avoid this, but guess I'm I have no choice now. The spinal cord is severly narrowing from the disc. Have to get ok from insurance before I know when I'll see the surgeon. So now it's just sit and wait.
Go to Top of Page

cntry@heart
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Diane
Clinton MO
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  07:14:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda! I am so praying for you! I hope you are able to get what you need! I'm sorry to hear about you having to have surgey. On a lighter note -I would love to meet you sometime! I have family that lives in Independence. I will be up there in March - weather permitting of course!!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  9:45:21 PM  Show Profile
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but a decision was made in Illinois recently that may lead ultimately to the closing of many hospitals. I am praying that it doesn't have too big an impact on the hospital where I work. I really depend--for my very survival--on the medication I take and if I don't have insurance, I don't know where I'd turn. I am praying for all who are jobless in this economy and especially those who face medical needs without insurance. I feel like, now that I'm halfway across the tightrope, they decide to pull the net out from under me. Not a very pleasant place to be. I believe in God, and that may be all that gets me through these difficult times. If hospitals are forced to shut down...where are people going to go? Out of state? It's scary to think about.
cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  09:21:16 AM  Show Profile
Diane, I'd love to meet up with you sometime. Just give me a heads up so I'll know when your heading this way. Is there a chapter down there by you, if so are you a member? I can't seem to find one up this way. Blessings, Brenda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Keep us in your prayers, please Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page