Author Holidays: Previous Topic clever gift idea Next Topic  

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  07:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
http://www.craftbits.com/project/dish-cloth-towel-britches?utm_source=061209NL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cb

We may have seen this before but I wanted to put it here for a gift idea. Isn't this adorable! Everyone uses dish towels.

Linda in Scranton, PA

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  09:23:11 AM  Show Profile
Cute. Here's another link for a hanging dish towel made with a potholder and a towel. I'm going to try these. My dog seems to think that if he "steals" the towel and then "returns" it, he gets a treat. Oh...and he does.... but if it were "attached" to the stove or a drawer???
http://somewhatsimple.blogspot.com/2009/12/freaky-friday-trey-lucy.html
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  11:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Great link...easy too! I have a new puppy and remembering how fun and funny dogs are!! She has a stocking of her own now and a pink soft blanket to go in it so far...:-)

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

MotherLodeBeth
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Beth
Calaveras County California
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  5:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Send MotherLodeBeth an AOL message
Was at a store and they were selling a dozen pine cones that smelled so delicious, for $5, and being they type of person I am, I figured I could make them myself.

So I smelled and smelled and figured out they had clove, and cinnamon. Since I had a gallon jar of both of these whole spices I gathered up all the many pinecones I had picked here in the Sierras and put them in a single layer in a small Rubbermaid container, and then I ground up the spices and covered the pinecones, closed the container and allowed them to 'age' two weeks. I like the smell of these pinecones in winter when most of the week the cottage is closed up, with a nice fire going and candles lit. And they make my car smell good, since I took some of the broken pinecones and spices and made a sachet that is on my car, that when the heat comes on, makes the car smell fresh.

Have also made orange potpourri where you stick cloves all over the orange, cover with ground cinnamon and set in a warm place to dry. With a pretty ribbon, my friends look forward to them as a gift for their lingerie drawer. Also am pleased with the apple head dolls I have made. Love how their faces look like eccentric little old men and women.

~Beth~

~MotherLodebeth- I was born in the wrong era~
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic clever gift idea Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page