Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange -Closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange -Closed Next Topic
Page: of 9

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  10:22:17 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear that someone had to drop out.
I have almost 16 block made so far. They are not all the same fabric. I am trying to use up my stash and scraps.
When this swap is close to completion maybe we can start another simple scrappy 6 1/2 block swap. Like a four patch or a nine patch that can be used with our signature blocks.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  11:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kathy I like that idea of the blocks to go with the signature blocks.

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  1:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
The 4-patch would be a great idea to go with these. And make a larger quilt top. WOO HOO! Good going Kathy.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  3:26:28 PM  Show Profile
Or each person could make a scrapr 61/2" block of their choice. But whatever it is a good idea.

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  9:55:54 PM  Show Profile
I started mine today got thirteen complete ya me.

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  05:57:26 AM  Show Profile
LindaJo, I really like the idea of everyone making a 6-1/2" block of their choice. Going to get started on mine this week-end while I watch NFL playoff games.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  07:23:24 AM  Show Profile
Printing off the instructions to make my blocks today. Got an unexpected gift of a day off from school thanks to the ice and snow.

My plans are to also make my blocks using as much scrap fabric as possible. My scrap basket is overflowing and 23 blocks should help make a dent in it!

Also gives me a chance to spend time with our new dog. Julie - we adopted a mutt from a rescue group last Sunday. While I dearly miss my old friend, our new one is such a clown. He likes to help me feed fabric under the needle and is tall enough to reach up and put his nose on the fabric while I'm sewing.

In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running. ~Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon.com)
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  07:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Oh Teresa... Congratulations on your new dog. PLEASE post pics of him... I would love to see him. As for the 6 12 inch scrap block... Do you ladies want to have that sent with the signature blocks or sent separate?

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  08:09:51 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering the same thing. It would mean making twice as many blocks as we planned. How does everyone feel about that?

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  08:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Depends on the block, but sending both at once is fine with me. I like the idea of the 6-1/2" 4-patch - it is so simple - just four 3-1/2" squares. Another great way to use up all those scraps!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  10:22:46 AM  Show Profile
I would like to send the extra blocks at the same time, even if we need to change the due date by a week or so. Or maybe not everyone would want to do that part. This is a good project for scraps. Good choice of pattern. This is getting more and more fun!

Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  2:01:59 PM  Show Profile
We better get a vote on the two blocks at one time.
I was actually thinking it could be done after this one was complete.
I think for some girls it might be too much at one time.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  2:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I agree - some people may not be able to do both blocks at once. Though it would save postage for the hostess to send them both together.
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  06:13:33 AM  Show Profile
Yes, that postage thing is getting to be more of an issue. How about we extend for a couple of weeks and send both at the same time. That would relieve the time issue and allow us to only mail one time. Does everyone want to do two blocks? I don't mind although more time would be great! It would give us a larger quilt.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  8:25:51 PM  Show Profile
My siggy blocks are done. Pic on blog

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Jan 10 2010 11:31:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  12:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Your blocks look great Carrie. Mine are finished too. I just need to sign them.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  1:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Wow Carrie! Your blocks are beautiful! I love the fabric. Great Job!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  11:29:02 AM  Show Profile
I will do the 2 blocks and send at the same time. If more time is needed that's not a problem. I will keep watching for the final decision.

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  11:31:18 AM  Show Profile
What are the second set of blocks supposed to look like?? I don't have enough fabric of the same color to do another set. Can I just do the one?? I also cut my first set at 6" instead of the 6 1/2 I was supposed to do. Would I make the second set 6 1/2 if I did them??
Carrie M

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

Edited by - Carrie W on Jan 11 2010 11:40:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  11:33:50 AM  Show Profile
I cut nearly all my blocks last night - all but that signature strip. Is there a way that I can "gang-cut" that or do I have to do one at a time??? I plan to mail the two at once.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  11:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
The hostess needs to let us know what the second block, if any, will be. As I understand it, it will not be the same block.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
The second block will be a 6-1/2" 4-patch -- just four 3-1/2" squares. Very easy. (Thanks quiltee for the suggestion)

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Edited by - ClaireSky on Jan 11 2010 11:59:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  12:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
That's great. I am going to make my blocks today and tomorrow. Do we need to send you the return postage funds when we mail them all to you? I believe that's what you had said? If not, we need addresses for everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  12:05:38 PM  Show Profile
Julie--

Should the second blocks match our first ones?

I'm also assuming we need to make 23 of them.

Carrie M

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  12:14:29 PM  Show Profile
OK, so now I'm confused. I thought that we were going to mail the blocks to each other . . .

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange -Closed Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page