Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange -Closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange -Closed Next Topic
Page: of 9

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  12:26:40 PM  Show Profile
Julie-

Is your address posted so that we can mail blocks to you??

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  12:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
ok....you need to send a second envelope with the postage and your address already on it along with your blocks you send me so I can pop your blocks in it and just mail them to you. I will email you ladies with my whole name and address.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  1:47:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh, cool! Thanks, Julie - I appreciate all your assistance here.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  4:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Carrie -

The second 23 blocks is NOT another set of the same signature blocks. We are making a 6-1/2" 4-patch block (uses four 3-1/2" blocks) for each swapper.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  4:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Okay, now I am scared..... some of you gals are F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S................I knew I could cut out square and write my name on it.... I dont know about this... what is the deadline.. and how many of you mind that I think I am doing good by cutting out the squares and getting them signed and into the mail... :)

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  6:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Rene the first one was a quilt block you were supposed to follow link to instructions and cut to a six and a half inch block. If you need help I can walk you through. Oh oh I think we have some new quilters here. In the embroidered signiture block we cut muslin to size ( a square) then embroider our names etc. Just curious if you cut a square or made a quilt block. Good for you starting a quiltHope I came across properly it is so hard communicating on internet sometimes.

Carrie M second block is a 4 patch Meaning take 4 three and a half inch squares and sew together using a quarter inch seam. You can use any scraps you have.Sew 2 together then sew 1 set of 2 to other set of 2 with 1/4". This makes 4 blocks measuring 61/2" Does that help?

When you lay your first blocks down and measure do they measure 61/2" as that is what they are supposed to I think we might have misunderstood you.

Anyone that is new to quilting that needs answers to questions just ask and we will do our best to help we were all beginers once.

Do we have a voting list going on second block as I didn't notice a list hmm I will go to page 1. How many voted on second block?

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Jan 11 2010 7:31:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  7:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, Cinnamon Girl - I think you covered it all. This is not a swap for just a plain piece of white or white-on-white fabric signed. The signature block is pieced per the original pattern. the other block is the 6-1/2" 4-patch.

Thanks, Cinnamon.

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 12 2010 07:01:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  10:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi
I'm in for 23~6 1/2" four patch blocks
sending with the friendship blocks with a SASE.
Thanks Debbie
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  04:47:21 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Ladies.... we had 2 more drop out. We are at 21 blocks now.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  06:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Ladies.. update... one is back in... we are at 22 blocks. Yipee!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  09:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Just a reminder to everyone... the center piece of the signature block should be white or white-on-white cotton fabric not muslin.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Edited by - ClaireSky on Jan 12 2010 09:34:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  09:52:25 AM  Show Profile
So, Julie, I have to confuse things a little more OK? LOL

Since there are 22 in the swap, I only need to send 21 blocks for swapping, right? I don't need to send one for myself? Or did you already take that into consideration with the count of 22?

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  10:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Your right on target. You only need to send in 21 blocks...because one you keep for yourself.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

sbaxter13
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

susan
lakeland fl
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  10:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Send sbaxter13 a Yahoo! Message
count me in i would to make a quilt block were do i mail it to

farm girl susan
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  2:03:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello-

Not a new quilter here, but the directions are confusing because the link says at the top that it makes a 6" square. So when I printed that out and took it home that is what I made...24 6" squares (that is what I cut them down to because I thought that was what I was making). So...when I make my four patch, I will make them 6 1/2 " like I'm supposed to. Unfortunately, my 6" squares are going to throw everyone off. Perhaps you can trim them out and make them larger. I guess there were others who were tripped up by the difference in the directions, so there may be a number of odd sized squares. I will, however, make the four patch squares the proper size!!!

Rene, congrats on starting a new skill. The signature blocks are quite easy...if you have a friend who quilts walk you through it you will see how very do-able it is. The four patches may be a better starting place for you, though. Then you can get a feel for joining seams. The triangles can be tricky, but not too bad.

Good luck!!!! Can't wait to see everyone's squares!!!

carrie M

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  2:41:23 PM  Show Profile
I'll do both ... didn't see when they were due if we are doing
both. ??

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  4:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Susan -

Just a clarification for you - you are not just making one block. You are to make one signature block for each swapper and one 4-patch block for each swapper. The total number will depend on the ending number of swappers, but right now it is at 22 or 23 of each block. All blocks sent are to be 6-1/2" square.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  5:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I will include you Susan since we had a few drop out. We are now at 23 signups.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  7:42:33 PM  Show Profile
Do we know yet when these are going to be due?

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  10:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Sad news ladies... 1 more dropped out. We are at 22 signups. As for the due date... I was thinking maybe March 1. An extra two weeks for the other other block to be finished.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  06:00:31 AM  Show Profile
Julie- just to clarify.... we do not have to do the extra 4 patch blocks if we don't want to? We can just do the signature block?
Thanks!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Julie -

Would you please let us know how many 4-patch blocks to send? It sounds like some people are not swapping the 4-patch blocks. I am making more than needed, because I can always use scrappy 6-1/2" blocks, but need to know how many to send to you.

Thanks!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  03:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Everyone...you don't need to make the 4-patch if you don't want to. I am asking that you post if you want to. I know some of you already have posted if you want the 4-patch. That way I can tell you how many to send.

Another one has dropped out. Now we are at 21 signups.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  07:12:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I am in for the four patch blocks as well as the signature blocks.

janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  07:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I am in for both the signature and 4-patch blocks.

Thanks so much for hosting this swap Julie!

Linda
:-))
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange -Closed Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page