Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 pillowcase for sick kids
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic pillowcase for sick kids Next Topic
Page: of 2

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  06:40:53 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to do a couple for this cause....At my church we sew small bears and stuff to give out to the children that come thru our local emergency room to help soothe their fears. i am already committed to that project but would love to do some pillowcases for this..just let me know..Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  3:04:35 PM  Show Profile
May I add another note to this thread? AllPeopleQuilt.com is hosting a challenge this calender year in hopes of having one million pillowcases made and donated. If you made or make pillowcases for any good cause or organization or such this year, please consider registering your donation with them! The count is sadly behind goal, we are half way through the year and only about 10% there. They are encouraging folk to donate locally, you just tell them how many and such, they are not a donation site per se. The idea is to spread a little joy around for those who really need it the most.

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  4:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting us know, Catherine! Sounds like a good way to contribute!
I had planned to make up my donation after returning from Haiti, and if anyone wants to join me in making pillowcases, just let me know.
Beth?
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  02:57:19 AM  Show Profile
I will be glad to make up some....Where do I mail them, when, and what organization will receive them. Just let me know. Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  12:29:10 PM  Show Profile
Beth, would you want to start a second pillowcase drive??
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  08:23:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! How funny to have found this post! I'm mother hen to a group out here in California and we took up the million pillowcase challenge this year with the intention of donating all of our pillowcases to our local children's hospital around Christmas time. You can get some really easy directions by googling 1 million pillowcase challenge and hit the patterns link. I waited until flannels went on sale this summer at the fabric store and for less than $10, I made 7 nice snuggly flannel pillowcases. I know they will be better than those scratchy hospital sheets! When my brother had cancer (at 23, he's been cancer free for 2 years now in November!) he hated his stays in the hospital and always took a blanket with him to make him feel like SOMETHING there was his. SO I really appreciate that you ladies are doing this and I can tell you first hand, the importance of having something YOUR OWN that's special and unique with you during a long hospital stay. Keep up the good work gals!!!
Oh and if you want to check them out, you can see pictures of my pillowcases on my blog listed below.

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Mother Hen to The Knitty Gritty Farmgirls of the Inland Empire
http://fabulousfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Edited by - MissLiss on Aug 01 2010 08:23:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  09:51:51 AM  Show Profile
Mmmm...you got me thinking ahead on sales, Joanna! I work at Joann's Fabrics and the day after Thanksgiving, our basic print flannels are always $1.50 a yard. Since my store is a Linus Project drop-off spot, I usually buy & sew flannel for that cause but this year I think I will make soft pillowcases. Thanks for prompting the idea!!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic pillowcase for sick kids Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page