Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 cupcake pin cushion help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic cupcake pin cushion help Next Topic  

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  1:11:15 PM  Show Profile
I have signed up for the halloween cup cake pin cushion swap...

Has anyone made the cup cake pin cushion and if sh what did you use for the base? I have a couple of ideas but, have not made up my mind. Any suggestions???

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  12:28:04 PM  Show Profile
Look on the Swaps forum for a list of Farmgirls who did a Cupcake Pincushion Swap in May / June or so. Then you can send an email to those who participated. I used a whole different technique with felted wool from sweaters. My Swap Sister was Futters, and she did an AWESOME job with hers. Amazing!!!! I think she posted a photo.
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  5:58:25 PM  Show Profile
I have a pattern for one if you send me your addy. I signed up to make the halloween cupcake pincushion swap. Good luck. Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  6:18:42 PM  Show Profile
I was looking through the previous cupcake thread, and someone suggested the plastic snack cup bottom from an applesauce, covered of course and I thought I read the suggestion of one of those silicone cupcake cups. I'm doing something similar to that one, I did make the all fabric one, and it looked like it not only fell off my plate but rolled under the table. Must work on my cupcake sewing skills!

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

Your life is an occasion, rise to it. Mr. Magorium
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  09:32:13 AM  Show Profile
Merry, that is hilarious. I am going to the fabric store and see what I can come up with. I bought some fabric last week and was going to embillish it but using the silicone cupcake cup it was so small there was no where to embellish it. I am excited to see everyones art work.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  7:15:07 PM  Show Profile
Delicia: I opened my big mouth to say I had a pattern but I have not been able to find it. Mine was with fabric. Of course I am making a pin cushion myself for the swap so I will keep looking. I haven't forgotten your request. Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic cupcake pin cushion help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page