vtstevens
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Virginia
Woodinville WA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  5:14:22 PM  Show Profile
I want to list my seeds I have for barter so ma sistahs can see what I have. I might have a shopping disorder.....Where the seeds are true heirlooms, I will specify, most seeds are from Seeds of Change and Territorial Seed Company: heirloom yellow crookneck squash, heirloom tomato "Mortgage lifter," heirloom tomato "yellow perfection," heirloom tomato "Persimmon," bush beans, kale, cilantro (from Botanical interests, nice company), salad mesclun, micro greens mild mix, winter squash "Long Island Cheese," sweet pepper California Wonder kale dwarfed blue curled, kale Russian Red, white bunching onions, parsnips, collards (this one is a hybrid), mustard greens, tai sai chinese cabbage, wild garden chicory, traditional tepary bean "Somoran Gold Bush" these are native to sonoran desert drought tolerant, chamomile, Golden Bantam sweet corn this is open pollinated, bush beans, Black Beauty zucchini, special: Roodnerf open pollinated brussel sprouts (one of the last open pollinated in existence), bok choi, lettuce various kinds, chives, broccoli "health Plus", turnip Golden Ball, miner's lettuce, broccoli raab, swiss Chard, heirloom sugar pumpkins (these did GREAT...), medicinal American Skullcap (sedative properties).
Depending on how many seeds I have, we can either split packages or you can get a whole one. I have found that often I don't plant the whole packet, anyway. so we will be more thrift splitting some packages. For example, I planted one hill of the sugar pumpkins and got 9 pumpkins from one plant....!
Hmmm, I think I am ok on the shopping disorder thing.... Virginia

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  08:36:37 AM  Show Profile
Virginia, what would you like to trade? I have a bunch of friends tha tlike to garden, I would take them all and split with my friends! let me know! :) Anything from prairielandherbs.com is up for barter (lusious handmade herbal bodycare items), girlwithasword.etsy.com (handspun yarns and naturally dyed silks and fabrics) and I also have roving, canned goods, some quilt fabric...
-maggie
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  12:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Virginia,
Are these seeds more "adapted" to your climate? Is your climate more humid and wet than ours which is very much a dry climate?
Thanks!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Nov 29 2009 1:01:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  3:54:40 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay -

I too, would be interested in a sampling of your seeds! What is it that I could send to you; what do you like!

Sue Feely
Buffalo, New York
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  4:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
I would be interested in some of your seeds. I like planting new things i normally would not try. What are some things you may be interested in?

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  5:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Virginia,

I don't know if you have any seeds left. I leave in Western WA & grow Territorial & Seeds of Change seeds.
Barter: I have some freshly made Handcrafted Herbal Soaps
Lavender (cream w/lavender swirl)
Patchouli Spice (tan specked)
Dog Soap (yellow cream)
Vanilla Bean (beautiful brown)
Blackberry Sage (cream w/ swirls of blackberry & green)
Calendula Meadow(yellow cream w/calendula petals)
All enriched with herbally infused olive oil and scented with real essential oils.
Let me know if you want to barter.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & MRET ~ Energy Healing & Wellness Coaching Sessions

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

vtstevens
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Virginia
Woodinville WA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  8:01:00 PM  Show Profile
I emailed each of you nice farmgirls back about the seeds. I have plenty, and I thought that if several gals want the same seeds, I can divvy some up into little mini zip lock bags, and copy planting instructions, so we can all have some of everything! Of course, we can make the barter proportional.
Virginia

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  08:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Virginia,
Got your email and I sent you an email response.
THANKS!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

corabela
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Laura
Mount Vernon Ohio
USA
79 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  09:26:22 AM  Show Profile
Virginia, if you have just a few Mortgage Lifter Tomato seeds left, I'd really love some. If you're splitting the packets, I'll take five or if not, I'll take all! I can barter some soap...gingersnap, oatmeal honey, or geranium (I have some photos and descriptions on my etsy shop)...or you can check out my list of vitamins and supplements in the Barter Forum. I also have A LOT of books. : ) Thanks!

~Laura

Please stop by my blog and my etsy site and say hello : )

www.corabela.blogspot.com
www.corabela.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

vtstevens
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Virginia
Woodinville WA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  9:56:59 PM  Show Profile
Laura, bad news and good news: bad news, I sent off the mortgage lifters because I didn't see your post, I am sorry. Good news, I have another heirloom, "Persimmon." Let me read you what the packet says: "Persimmon Heirloom Tomato, 80 days. By far the best tasting yellow tomato we've ever grown. Beefsteak size fruits with few blemishes for an heirloom. Indeterminate habit." The other tomato I still have is Stupice, ultra early tomato. 60-65 days, sweet taste, one of the earliest. It is a hybrid. Might you like either of those? I will email you, and if you post and email me, I'll get it....!! Virginia

I don't suffer from stress. I'm a carrier.
Go to Top of Page

vtstevens
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Virginia
Woodinville WA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  10:12:50 PM  Show Profile
I till have seeds left, girls. If you are still interested, but think they're all gone, email me and/or post here and we'll see what we can do!! Virginia

Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  3:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
i have planted some of my seeds already, and they are growing like crazy. Its 2 degrees outside and i've got sprouts coming up in my little garden inside.

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

Check out my ETSY store too! I'm loving it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Claudiascraftshop
Go to Top of Page

vtstevens
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Virginia
Woodinville WA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  9:18:01 PM  Show Profile
Congrats, Claudia!! You must have one green thumb,for sure!!I amso glad those are working out for you. Are you going to save seeds? I am going to try to for all my plants this year. You are an inspiration!!
Virginia

Go to Top of Page

Mollymaude
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Vickie
San Angelo TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  06:01:53 AM  Show Profile
Virginia,
If you still have seeds left I would love to barter with you. What kinds of things do you like?
Vickie

To remain silent and indifferent is a great sin
Go to Top of Page

vtstevens
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Virginia
Woodinville WA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  11:19:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Molly. I just saw your post!! Been out of town. I do have some seeds left, if you tell me which ones you want, I will look and see which ones I have for you. You can look around and see what you have for barter. Merry Christmas!!
Virginia

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Seeds for Barter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page