CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  2:47:25 PM  Show Profile
I believe with the no problem answer, I think that most people really don't mean that as being impolite. I always have taken it as meaning no problem, glad to do it. At least with the people who have said it to me that's how they have meant it. Now the whatever answer, that makes me want to slap somebody lol!!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  03:22:25 AM  Show Profile
I don't care for the 'no problem' thing or 'whatever'. I frequently use 'glad to do it' or 'glad I could help'. A side note on the 'gettin rid of' when it comes to animals it infuriates me. We have a dog that went blind as a young dog and we kept her in the house with us until she simply got to big for the house, then we took her to my FILs house a few miles down the road. He has a dog run for his dog who is play buddies with ours. We still fed, cared, and visited her daily. We now live there since my FIL passed and still have our sweet becky dog. She is so loved that going blind hasn't made her mean only a little nervous. She still loves to meet new people and new dogs! There is no reason to ditch your pets. And I must mention that my 1 y/o daughter has more manners than most teens. She slurs out thank you, and welcome quite well. Please still comes out peas and most people don't understand her, but she tries. You want to see pure, unadulterated altruism drop something in front of a toddler, or act like you can't get the drawer or cabinet open. They will jump right in to help without being asked and smile about it. That's hope for the future!

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:43:49 PM  Show Profile
I loved your post Natesgirl! I think when I started this thread, it was the "unthinking" that goes into our responses. One could very well just say anything as an answer. I was feeling that we were de-personalizing our conversations with another. That really makes me sad. I think that is one reason I like the Farmgirl Connection. In our responses, it is directly connected with what another has said. Isn't that cool? Really reading, or listening to what another has to say. I think that is a treasure.

As far as your Becky dog. I think that is wonderful that you have kept her litle soul going. One of our dogs also is blind in one eye, and was given to us by a pet store, as they would have taken him to the pound, being unable to sell him. He is a little skitterish as I think he feels he may not be able to defend himeslf. He is a dear, though. Glad we have him! Thanks for your response!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Family Matters: Previous Topic Irritating sayings Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page