Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 If you could turn back the clock? Pinkroses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you could turn back the clock? Pinkroses Next Topic
Page: of 2

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  09:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Oct was really a bad month for me
I was wondering if one could turn back the clock
Would you?
What would you do?
Sometimes , I think /
what if I married the other guy that asked me?
I know where I would be living.
but, not what it would be like
other things too.
so.
If you could turn the clock back would you.
how would you make things different?
hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  12:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Wow Shelia, that is one thinking question. Right off hand I'd say I would have liked to have alot of children. I only had one. I also would have gone to college earlier rather than waiting to go later. Nice question you posted here. I'll be interested in seeing what others write.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  12:42:36 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I would have stayed in the Navy...I would have 3 years left until retirement!!! And, I would have started applying my simple living philosophy earlier in life so I wouldn't be in so much debt. I would have tried to go to Texas sooner...which I had planned on doing when I was around 22 but changed my mind. : (

The rest of it...well...this is the hand I have been dealt but that doesn't mean I can't change it for the better. : )

Heather

"Hitch your wagon to a star"

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  3:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
i think thats a very interesting question. We all wake up everyday with choices to make and to be made. I know i would have graduated college and not quit 9 months before i could have had my diploma. I really would love to take that back. I grew up thinking i wanted the perfect little house, with the perfect little house, and the dog and such... well, that sooo did not happen, but what did happen, is i think i got something i would have never asked for (In a good way!)

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  4:42:17 PM  Show Profile
I don't know I would change a thing...I am happy with my life that God has blessed me with but if I did it would be to have less debt so we weren't working so hard to get it paid off. This is a really thought provoking question.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  5:57:17 PM  Show Profile
I don't think i would have changed the basic structure of my life, but if I could have pushed back time, so I could have had more time with my husband, I would have done that. I would not be greedy with that time, althou it would be really hard not to be, I miss his soooooo very, very much every single second of every single day, his laugh, the sexy smerk, his kisses, the way he looked at his children and grandsons with more pride then I thought was possible for any human to have. His breath on my neck when he was asleep at night, him scoping me up and laughing like a complete nut cause I'm yelling for him to put me down, him bringing me every year the first bloomed wildflower he saw, waking me in the middle of the night, cause he wanted me to see how one of our babies was curled up with the dog. I would love to experience those days one more time, so if I could turn back the clock....

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  6:42:02 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmm....that's a thought provoking question! I would've stood up to my mom and dated the man I considered to be my one true love (but we never got to date....overcontrolling manipulative mother had to interfere....

http://www.pluckyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.mandochicks.com
http://mandolinbabe.net
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
http://www.mtndulcimer.com

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  6:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
There isn't much I'd want to change. My life growing up on a farm was the best . . . my husband is the best (we will celebrate 41 yrs. in December) . . . my kids are spectacular.
I have had jobs that were SO-O-O-O stressful, one I even hated . . .but those were learning experiences.
I think the one thing I would change is I would have gone on and completed nurses training. I was headed in that direction and then decided to major in music. Now, I often wish I had done that . . .but I don't want to go there now!
Life has been hard, it has been challenging . . .but the Lord has been good and He has been faithful!!!
I AM GRATEFUL FOR MUCH!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  11:23:35 PM  Show Profile
I would have stood up to my mom too. Would have (maybe) get married. At least dated and go to visit girlfriends, and go to the shopping centre with friends instead of always with mom. Would have moved out at maybe 18 and start living MY life. OH and way more would be different now. But then again, I would propably be the same person as I am now so nothing woud be different...

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  03:29:52 AM  Show Profile
I would change little in my life.

I would not change my bout with cancer. I found it changed my perspective on life and what was important. We take so much for granted, the love of family, the kindness of friends, the fact that each day is a gift from God and should be lived with joy. I took early retirement a year later and DH and I are closer than ever.

I do wish though, I had spent more time with my parents as an adult and shared their grandchildren with them more. I miss them often now that dad has been gone 11 years and mom for 3. We lived about 100 miles away but could have gotten there more often!

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  04:48:13 AM  Show Profile
I would so love to go back to when my girls were going into their teenage years. I think I did a great job when they were little all the way through middle school. But something happened when they got to high school. They just went wild. My hubby was hardly ever here. I think he planned it that way. He is a truck driver. But looking back there are so many things I would do differently now if I had the chance. I know kids are going to do things anyway. I just wish I had been more prepared for it. My DD Abby went through so many bad things and now her past is catching up to her. She hasn't done anything wrong in several years now and has been working and going to school. Trying to get a good job. But it seems her past has caught up with her. There are still some things on her record that keep popping up. She will not be free of them for another year now. I know a lot of what they both did was not my fault. But still, it hurts when things like this happen. It will get better for her. I just wish we all could do that part of life over.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Nov 15 2009 04:50:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  08:16:14 AM  Show Profile
It was interesting to read your replies
you know my life isn't so bad ; expect a few personal things,
I cannot change
I saw one of my dreams come true.
Sometimes,
Life can send us stuff we wish we could go back and change.
Though we may not can change some things ;
we can change the way we think and feel ;maybe.
sometimes, I wish I could go back and change things that have happened
But, I know they have happened for a reason.
Sometimes,
it is hard to understand why things happened the way they did to one.
hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  08:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think the thing I would most like to change is not always sticking classes at college out till the end. I have set myself back years by washing out of certain classes that I could have managed (Hindsight is 20/20 or so they say) But I love my life and the people I have met along the way. Maybe I needed to stick around so long in Idaho to meet two of the most influential people in my life- MaryJane (and her family!) and my virtually adopted second mother Nancy Wight. I am still not done changing and learning but I love the direction and I headed in! There are always going to be little regrets- not calling someone enough, being snappish to someone because I had a bad day, not thinking before I speak etc. But like I said I love my life's direction right now and I try to live every day to minimize those little regrets.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  10:30:49 AM  Show Profile
I would of had 3 or 4 children, I have 2 wonderful sons now. I would of taught special need children in a school system.I would of stayed in the Army reserves, and I would of married my high school sweet-heart.
Thankfully I have a good husband now, I did love my job taking care of special needs kids, it would of been nice to have holidays & week-ends off. I would of been sent to desert storm so it may be a good thing I got out when I did. My highschool honey raised a lion, has several dogs & critters. I'm happy with my DH who is allergic to animals.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  11:44:54 AM  Show Profile
I would selfishly like to turn back time to spend more time with loved ones. If I did anything different it would be "not worry about things that don't matter" and " do more things that would have eternal value, things that really make a difference"

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  11:58:54 AM  Show Profile
I would have taken steps to become debt free shortly after our marriage and stayed that way. I would have chosen to live simply at that time and if we had a want, save for it and pay cash.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  1:10:41 PM  Show Profile
I would change the way I parented, and really live in the country instead of pretending. Do not get me wrong, I am so blessed. My daughter and my husband are wonderful and both strong Christians. I love my home. But I could have done better, and I am going to probably go to my maker never having really lived on a farm.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  2:26:54 PM  Show Profile
Remember, It's A Wonderful Life, when Clarence the angel says, "We don't know how our decisions affect so many other people!?"...or something to that affect.I'm paraphrasing of course, but that's so true for me. If I hadn't gotten married in 1975 I could have stayed with my Great-Granny, who could have then stayed in her little house she was comfortable in, instead of her being shipped around from relative to relative for 11 years until she died. I wasn't ready for marriage yet anyhow. I just wanted to work, stay home with mom and dad and wait til I was ready. But my parents wanted to sell the old homeplace and travel because daddy retired that year. I was in the way of their plans. I had to get out, move on, it was time(their words).Great-Granny lived beside us for years and we always watched out for her.So I ended up divorced in 11 years anyhow. I gave it that long before I stood up and said, ENOUGH! Then I was single for 20 years when I met my DH and was FINALLY ready to marry.But, do you see what I mean? So many peoples lives changed because of that one thing. I would change that one thing. Who knows what it would have done for our family!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  3:38:18 PM  Show Profile
I think if we change anything about what we have been through we wouldnt be who we are today. It would have been nice to have know my Father. I met my step mother and she is a wonderful christian woman. And she told me that my father loved me dearly and would have loved to have raised me. My Mother moved us around alot to keep me from him. He looked...but only one time found me and then just a few weeks after I spoke to him we moved again. An another thing I think I would have done was to become a yoga instructor and started a farm sooner than later. And be self sufficent by now. But we are where we are supposed to be. God has a purpose for us....And we must do as he askes.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  11:24:09 AM  Show Profile
One of the reasons I asked this question was ;
I had my brother and his son to move my piano from the garage to my Master bedroom a few weeks past.
hubby , and they got the piano in there without mishap
except at the end
they wanted to push the piano back closer to the wall
My nephew had unknownily put his left arm behind the piano
and the piano hadn't been moved yet
but pop!
His left arm went
He had pulled a muscle in his arm
He had surgery done on it this past Thursday
the doctor said every thing looked fine
However.
the people who he worked for will not let him come back to work for them
He puts in satelites
and he loved the job.; he put ours in
His boss was afraid that my nephew would sue him if he went back to work and it wasn't healed right and got hurt again
I feel so bad for my nephew
I took care of him a lot when he was little
I cried and cried over this
He didn't blame me ;but I wish I could turn the clock back and change that
also
bad things that happened to me , and those I love.
I would like to change things like that.
I should have told you all that earlier. hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  2:32:56 PM  Show Profile
Ouch I hope you nephew heals quickly, A piano in the bedroom has to be wonderful. I can't even fit a dresser in my bedroom.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  4:05:24 PM  Show Profile
Sheila, the dr who did the surgery should be able to give him a release to go back to work when hes healed and ready, in the meantime he should be able to collect state disability.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  4:36:53 PM  Show Profile
CJ:
Do you have a Music Degree?
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  03:52:59 AM  Show Profile
I may not have married my first husband had I not been so lonesome and desperate and so far from home.

This mistake is one I learned from no doubt, but it also made me a stronger person, made me solidify my values and boundaries and also brought me directly where God knew I wanted to be all along, and to the wonderful husband and lifestyle of my heart's desire.

I often think about a few relationship that I wish could have been taken a bit further...just to see what would have happened, but ultimately, there would have been internal unrest and trouble.

So kind of strange and incredibly humbling to see how it really all pans out in the end.

I have the man, acerage, dog and access to my family.... ALL of which were personal goals many, many years ago. All obtained and met.

So these days the rest is just icing on the cake

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  08:33:59 AM  Show Profile
There is not much I would change. I guess just the debt things like so many others. I would also have held out for my farm house 16 years ago when me moved back from Scotland. I wanted one but were in so much of a hurry to get the kids back in school I finally settled for the burbs. I have never been happy with the neighborhood or the house. I am very happy with DH, kids etc just being in a city like this is stressful. We live in the neighborhood where all the Nasa people live. From astranauts to engineers. Way to much I have to be better than the neighbors. We aren't even allowed by the housing association to have a clothes line. I do but they can't see it from the street. My neighbor has turned me in a couple time. But I just keep putting it back up. I would just insist on living in the country if I could change anything oh, and the debt thing.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  2:47:16 PM  Show Profile
You know I think most of us ; me included are rather happy with the way things are today; expect a few things.
I know that the doctor can release a form; but I don't know if his boss will take him back
Nephew said his boss was afriad that if he hurt his arm again while working he would sue him.
No,
I don't have a degree in music,
I learned to play the piano and read music in my late 30's
I still can't play some of the notes that are harder.
I play a lot of easy classic and hymns music ; some of the older rock.
My new Master bedroom is 13" by 17 so it is pretty big
and I get it and the Master bath to myself
Hubby snores and I can't sleep long ,
Have to be up and in the bathroom and in pain at night etc.
hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you could turn back the clock? Pinkroses Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page