Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 If you could turn back the clock? Pinkroses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you could turn back the clock? Pinkroses Next Topic
Page: of 2

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  5:16:02 PM  Show Profile
I blew off a 4 year scholarship to get married at 18. Would change that.
Instead of moving to the coast, wish I had stayed in my farm house back home.
I loved living at the beach the first several years but now I don't care. Would rather go back.
I am over it.
Would not have been my daughters " best friend" when they were growing up. They had friends. I should have been more just mom. I think sometimes when you try to be their friends and get more on their level you lose their respect as a parent.On their level meaning that I was tooooo understanding and ready to take them,give them,do for them, anything that could make their lives easier, happier... very stupid of me. They really don't take you as serious as they should and it really causes conflict. You can argue with your friends but you shouldn't argue so easily with your parents. Did far more for them than we should have. Big Mistake. Would change my parenting big time.
Youngest daughters drama and problems has forever altered our family.
Would never let that happen if I had a do-over. The Drama Continues.
Would certainly live more simple. Pretty sick of all the stuff I didn't need all these years.
Miss Sunshine is signing off......

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com

~Trust in the Lord...but row away from the rocks~

Edited by - mommatracy on Nov 17 2009 5:18:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

hotmamaj
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

janice
buckeye az
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  4:40:38 PM  Show Profile
I wouldn't want to change a thing.
But if I could turn back time to just sit and visit with my Father ... I miss him so much.
I would snuggle and kiss my children like when they were babies. To feel their lil hands in mine how much I miss that,to brush my daughters hair and have mine brushed by her, to snuggle on a cold winters morning on a snow day knowing there is hot cocoa and toast waiting for me to get up. Just to visit a place in time.
Thank You Pinkroses you have just given me a special gift.

Welcome the dawn of everyday with a smile & open heart
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  5:05:38 PM  Show Profile
If I could turn back the clock I would realise how wonderful my parents were to me and how I should have not held back my hugs and kisses never realizing neither would get to really know me and never meet their grandchildren. I wish I had the answers to all the questions my children ask me about them.
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  4:58:46 PM  Show Profile
I would have gone into the Peace Corps, to Nepal, when I had the chance, instead of worrying about things beyond my control at home.
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  6:22:59 PM  Show Profile
I would not change a thing. There have been many mistakes down lifes road and many disappointments but had it not been for the mistakes and the disappointments my life may not be what it is today. Had I not married my 1st husband would I have met my wonderful husband I have today? Had I chosen to have more than one child would I have the wonderful relationship I have with he and his wife that I have today? Had I not been rude to the store worker when I thought I was having a bad day would I have seen the pain in her eyes and would I have vowed to never do that again? Life is full of choices. Sometimes we make bad choices but if we change any one of those choices what else would we change? No I can say with strong confidence I would not change one moment of my life. Not one.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you could turn back the clock? Pinkroses Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page