Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Where do you buy your baby shoes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Where do you buy your baby shoes? Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  11:11:26 AM  Show Profile
Since winter is coming on, I'm wondering what type of shoes to get Violet. She's just now fitting into a 2, and is not walking, so I don't want anything with hard soles.

Mom always took me to Buster Brown, but I don't think they're around anymore. What else? Anyone have any shoes that they swear by, but won't break the bank?

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  1:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Honestly? Payless Shoes or Wal-Mart. Kids grow so fast at that age I just can't stomach paying more than what the cheapo places ask.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  1:28:08 PM  Show Profile
That's fine, Alee. I was thinking Kmart for some reason. I can't justify the costs, either. I was thinking, though, that winter is approaching and her t-straps, though mostly enclosed, might get a little "cool" :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  6:44:19 PM  Show Profile
Robeez ara great for the non walker and pre walker Lots of different style and colors too.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  7:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Robeez is what I got my son too. They are worth the $. All 3 of my sons wore shoes from Stride Rite once they started walking until they were 2. The extra cost for good shoes is well worth it when the babies feet are still so soft.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  8:39:56 PM  Show Profile
My little has always worn Stride Rites, but he has a joint hypermobility. When he was really small he didnt wear much in the way of a real shoe.
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  04:08:18 AM  Show Profile
I am a huge fan of Robeez, too! I got a pair for my oldest son when he was 8 or 9 months, he wore them until the following spring when he needed shoes to walk around in outside. Now my younger son is wearing them and just starting to walk around. They are very well-made and durable. I bought a larger size than what my son needed at the time so he could grow into them and it really didn't affect him at all. They are easy to get on, but stay on their feet really well, too. Plus, they are so cute!! There are so many different designs it is a little hard to decide which ones to get. Especially for girls! I have seen a different brand at Target/Babies R Us that look similar to Robeez, but I have no idea how well they hold up.

Also, there are several patterns online for making soft-soled baby shoes that would be so much fun to customize! Here is one that I have been wanting to make, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Doesn't look too hard, either.

http://stardustshoes.blogspot.com/2006/10/cloth-shoe-pattern.html
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Where do you buy your baby shoes? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page