Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Don't forget the simple things in life...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Don't forget the simple things in life... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  1:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have been having a rough weekend and week. I was sitting on the porch, in the sun and look down and saw my BEAUTIFUL wedding ring glistening in the sun. I was overcome with about 300 emotions at once...I love my hubby so much and it really is the simple things in life that TRULY matter!!! I am grateful for just one more day with him, no matter how bad it might get for us somedays in dealing with all this garbage going on right now. Simple LIFE...that is ALL I can ask for.

Heather

"Hitch your wagon to a star"

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  2:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Couldnt agree more, Heather! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  3:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather, that is just so sweet. You are SO right! I have been counting my blessings lately too. If we just concentrate on the simple goodness in our lives...things tend to look better. I just found out that I'm going to be a GRANDMA! Life could not be sweeter.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  3:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Joyce!! That is true blessing!!! : )

Heather

"Hitch your wagon to a star"

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  4:37:33 PM  Show Profile
Heather:
I couldn't agree more. The older I get, the more the simplier things in life mean to me. Maybe I'm, like you, are getting wiser. Life is so fast. In a blink it could all be over. Last year, one of my sisters died. She was full of life, always. Just chatting with her made me have a great day. Even when she was dying, she was so positive, so all about that day only. No more rushing for me. I want to love those who love me, stay away from those that don't, and I want to live a simple, happy life. Hope your days are brighter. Take care.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  04:53:12 AM  Show Profile
I also agree. My husband drives an hour to work every day, and then an hour back again. He is my best friend of 32 years. I always look forward to his return. Some of the best and simplest things in our lives are that we love the same foods, to go to the same places and to do the same things together. And I love that liking so many of the same things, although we are very different individuals, makes our life together very simple. To sit around a campfire sipping coffee together either early in the morning or in the evening, is one of the absolute best.
Heather thanks for the reminder,
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  08:54:04 AM  Show Profile
I really agree.
I had a ruff one too.
still am.
I try to count my blessing every day
I am thankful for all that I have ,
It makes one really grateful for simple things when one is going through all sorts of thing
Especially things that one has no control over. hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  7:08:18 PM  Show Profile
I so agree. I work full time and somedays it feels like both hubby and I are going in circles so to just sit and breathe for a moment and be thankful for our small blessins is wonderful. thanks for reminding me of that.

blessins
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  9:36:22 PM  Show Profile
You are not alone. I am trying to look at the good and let go of the craziness that is going on in our world. What matters is your familys and loved ones. Keeping the faith and trying not to let so much CRAP get me down. Sending you a hug.

Appreciate the little things, for they are not really that little.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  9:44:39 PM  Show Profile
Taking joy in the basic simple things is REALLY what life is all about. Life gets all tangled up in the frantic , craziness of this world, and we just have to remember to slow down, step back and breathe. Heather, I'm wishing all the best for you and your family. It really just about brought tears to my eyes reading your post.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  05:00:59 AM  Show Profile
Heather,
Sounds to me like you already have hitched your wagon to star. Wonderful
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Nov 04 2009 05:01:36 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Don't forget the simple things in life... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page