Pamela Joy
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Pamela
Hesperus CO
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  07:58:34 AM  Show Profile
When my daughter started kindergarten (she's now in 3rd grade), we got to know so many great folks in our community that we had never met before. I and several of the other moms started getting together for coffee, every once in a while. We have done it at different homes, and even stayed at the school in the "parents" room a couple times. We do this right after drop off. The group has grown and evolved. Most of us bring snack and treats. We have occasionally gathered for girl's night (kids are usually invited) at someone's home, as well.
Many of these women are now close friends of mine, some are still just aquaintences. We all help each other out with the kids and enjoy library or playground time after school together,etc...
Yesterday, about a dozen women gathered at my house on a beautiful day, with delicious treats and good conversation. A big crowd for my little home, so we eventually moved outside and enjoyed the sunshine.
This is my favorite "across the fence" activity.

Peace, Love, and Joy

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  09:04:48 AM  Show Profile
My DD's And I also did this when they were younger and all the way till college It was really nice to know all their friends parents and we all got the rules together and had not one drop of trouble with the kids as they grew up I would have a dress up Tea for the Mother/Daughters at leat once a year the girls learned a bit about Social graces and the parents got together. I would suggest this for Mother/Sons too I had only girls so never had a chance.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  8:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That sounds like so much fun! I hope to find something similar whem Nora gets a bit older. :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Coffee with my mom-pals Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page