Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  10:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Thought I would like to fill a jar with marbles, anybody out there have any they want to part with?
Frannie, if you read this, do you ever see any at your shops there in town, and as you would say, are they a ba-zillion dollars?
Of course I had some years ago and gave them away.
NANCY JO

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  2:20:32 PM  Show Profile
I love old marbles! My mom has a crock filled with them, and they are so much fun to play around with and run your hands through, not to mention that they're really pretty to look at.

Good luck on your quest...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  5:05:21 PM  Show Profile
My mom saved my old marbles and I filled a mason jar with them and am displaying them. I love them and the old memories. Well, except that when I lost one, I cried so I stopped playing because I was so good at losing. If I find any in any shops, I'll send them your way, Nancy. Isn't it nice I haven't lost all my marbles?

Love,
P

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  6:11:21 PM  Show Profile
Patricia,
Thanks for the marble thoughts, I think I lost my marbles when I gave them away, glad someone got to keep theirs.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  05:53:35 AM  Show Profile
I shall keep my eyes open for marbles for ya Little Missy Nancy! Sometimes you can find them real cheap.....I don't collect them...but I do have 2 that hubby found when he dug up the gardens. One is real weird...kind of oblong with cool colors. I have them sittin' with the old bottles he found as well.Every spring is so fun cuz when he tills them gardens I never know what he'll find.....he found a old pully...like the ones they used to pull hay up in the barn...kind of fun. ANYWAYS....I'll look for ya. ;O)

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

http://www.rustypinsandoldlace.com/
'Antiques & HandMades for your heart and your home.'
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  06:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Rusty Girl,
Thankyou for the lookout, where do you live that things are gettting dug up in the spring? I have to tell you I think I have the best dig up stories. The farm I was brought up on was right where Indians had lived for many years, we had all kinds of artifacts, arrowheads, pipes, tools, and worst of all bones, because there were unmarked graves, and bits of copper, I guess they were buried with a lot of their wares, pots, etc. in case they need them in the next world, but must be as it turns out they didn't need them, because they were still there.
Anyway my grandpa gave it most all to a museum. not to say that the things you are finding are not fun.HA.So get out there and look for those marbles this spring.
xxoo NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  07:51:39 AM  Show Profile
Welllll....I live on an old farm property that was built for a doctor and his wife back in 1875. He had his practice right in this house. (I know we have ghosts) Out where the gardens are is where they'd bury all there garbage. There fore...all the bottles. ;o) Close to the gardens is where the old barn used to be....did I tell you that I have the best garden soil....probably from all the cow poop.LOL
I grew up in Northern Minnesota..so indian lore is very popular there. We even had a totem pole at the end of town.
Please bury me with my buffet.....I wonder if God can get that through the heaven gates?? HHMMMM.........
Big HUG!!

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  10:24:00 AM  Show Profile
Rusty Girl
Would love to see pictures of your house!!
Nancy JO
Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  3:52:12 PM  Show Profile
OMG!!!!!!! Tell ya what..........when ever I get this place cleaned up, I'll take pics for you. ;o) only cuz you asked sweetie!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic marbles Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page