Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 FarmGirls Gathering in Kentucky
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic FarmGirls Gathering in Kentucky Next Topic
Page: of 2

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2006 :  07:13:50 AM  Show Profile
Farmgirls .. i'm thinking maybe April/May-ish for a FarmGirl Gathering here at Cabin Creek Farm. Honey hunk has signed up for one of his 'macho-man' trips .. to 'trek' Nepal and to climb Mt. Everest .. early spring (i'll have to check with him again for the exact dates). He said two or three have signed up for it so far .. i think they need 4 or 5 for it to be 'a go'. Thought with him gone .. it would free up our king size bed .. so we can snuggle you side by side and stack you up like logs .. also have three guest beds in our teensy little 'stranger room'. Two sofa's but they are small ones and you'd have to be about 4 feet tall to be comfy on the squishy leather one .. and you'd have to be a contortionist to sleep on the 'hard' one! I think we have three cots stored in the barn .. and there is always 'sleeping bags' on the floor. If you work, be thinking of some 'vacation time' .. might be able to do a long-weekender. I'm thinking three or four days. We can hang out and gossip and goobble (i am a LOUSY cook .. so bring your cooking skills with you!) Would be fun to do some 'campfire' cooking with some of these jillion cast-iron pots and pans of mine. We'll take turns 'preparing meals'. We can hike through our forest .. get up with the sun and do yoga under the fruit trees .. or sleep t'il noon! We, of course, will do some roaming of these beautiful Kentucky rolling hills .. and some antiquing! And maybe do a 'craft' project or two! It would be fun to plant a FARMGIRL GARDEN .. a little piece of earth .. where we could each bring a flower or plant to put in the earth! It would be such fun to have a gathering a couple times a year. I used to do this every month to every other month in Maryland!

Let me know if you think it is a good possibility that you could join us .. AS ALWAYS .. i never have a 'cut-off' for anything involving friends .. so if it is two or three of us that gather .. that will be lovely .. and if it is twenty or thirty .. that shall be fun too!

If anyone needs to 'fly' to Kentucky .. Louisville Airport is an hour north of me .. and we would try to coordinate flights so too much of our time isn't taken up with running back and forth. IF you 'drive' here .. we are smack dab in Central Kentucky (if you "mapquest" me .. look for GREENSBURG, Kentucky .. it is about 10 miles south of Cabin Creek Farm. Another larger town to look for is Hodgenville, KY .. which is about 15 miles north of me. (And by the way .. Hodgenville is where Abraham Lincoln was born and there is a wonderful replica of his log cabin within a 'Lincoln Memorial' shrine .. and a very moving film at the park about his early life in Kentucky that we could visit. Another fun 'local happening' nearby (in Hodgenville) is the Lincoln Jamboree .. a Saturday night live 'country-music' show. Gosh .. there are so many fun places to visit .. that it will take lots of visits here for us to do and see all! (We have a beautiful lake .. with a beach .. just 20 miles east of us!)

Oh .. and of course, i will have to show off my dear County Seat town of Greensburg .. show you the 'oldest courthouse west of the allegheny mountains .. introduce you to our very handsome Mayor .. and we can shop t'il we drop at our Antiques Mall and a couple other really cute shops in town!

And of course, we'll take zillions of pictures to share with the other girls on the farmgirl connection! (bring a journal to write of your adventures too!)

Well, i'm gittin' excited about this!!!! xoxo, Frannie

p.s. OH .. and we have the beautiful Green River right here in town with three 'cabins' that can be rented if we need more room .. and we can rent canoes and paddle the river!

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Jan 05 2006 07:17:29 AM

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2006 :  09:00:06 AM  Show Profile
If I can make it happen. We'll be there!

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2006 :  09:13:01 AM  Show Profile
My Dad lives in Cookeville, TN. Could maybe combine it with a visit with him. How far are you from Cookeville?

Blessings,

MIssy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2006 :  09:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I'm in if I can coordinate it with work/school/kids/insanity. I'll make it work. Will probably fly. Never too old to sleep on the floor.
Blessings- Beth

May you achieve your full potential to excel intellectually, to live spiritually, to lead responsibly, to act justly and to serve selflessly. Have a wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  04:54:29 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I might be able to make it too, will just have to see how the old budget holds up by then! Sounds like a hoot, sure wouldn't want to miss it!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  12:33:05 PM  Show Profile
[img]http.//i32.photobucket.com

Frannie, I found this photo of your place on the net, is it right to date?

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  12:38:02 PM  Show Profile

Ok, let me try this agian, playing around with photobucket and trying to post pics on the forums, bear with me!

Go to Top of Page

twigs
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

tiffany
lacie ky
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  6:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Send twigs an AOL message
WOOOO HOOOOOO........IM SOO EXCITED.....put me down for ill be there in my bibs for sure
twigs

May you be surrounded by the things of olde that make you feel like a treasure!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  6:45:55 PM  Show Profile
suzie q .. i don't see the pics .. but if you got it from brad simmons' site .. that's how it looked when the stearns' lived here .. we've had a new red tin roof put on it .. and all the red was re-painted .. we had a large white building (which i call 'the schoolhouse' painted barn red .. and the addition is a 'sage green' .. which i think we're going to have painted barn red too. we had the old cement walkway dug up and big stones put in their place .. made the porch on the lower cabin a little larger .. put a tin roof over the 'barn porch' .. and we added a 'screen back porch to the lower cabin and are in the midst of having a HUGE back-porch (with tin roof .. but no screens) put on the back of the house all along the 'addition'. oh .. and we had a 'hot/cold' shower deck built on the backside of the barn. t'other than that .. it's pretty much the same. xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  6:47:43 PM  Show Profile
hey twigsy .. do you know when 'spring vacation' is for the kids? i'm hoping to have our grandson come for a week at that time .. and i'm trying to have a 'gathering' when hank is climbing mt. everest! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Once upon a Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Ivy
Bartlett TN
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  7:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie, Do you know a date yet? I don't want to miss this! Ivy
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  04:33:39 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I was playing around with photobucket yesterday and finally figured out how to post pics thanks to the practice forum, so I"ll try to post that pic again, just to see if I can do it twice! LOL

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  04:35:58 AM  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  04:37:46 AM  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  04:39:10 AM  Show Profile
There it is!! Isn't it just wonderful, how neat to live in such a grand ole place!

Go to Top of Page

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  12:20:42 PM  Show Profile
This is my first time posting, hope I do it right. I would LOVE to come for a visit...I have been reading all of your posts here on the site and just love your personality and would love to meet you and see the wonderful place where you live. I would be driving, only live about 5 hours away in Indiana. I would probably have to bring my daughter with me, she would be 10 months by then, but shouldn't be too big of a bother.

Ashley
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  2:17:51 PM  Show Profile
I am also planning on trying to make it to the event!!

Frannie should I bring my Sleepin' Bag?

~~My Blog~~

Take Me to Bridge’s Auction Booth
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  8:21:50 PM  Show Profile
Can a Show-Me Gal come? I'd love to join you all, and depending on the date, I'll be there. I'm not too far from you, over here in southeast Missouri on the River.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  10:17:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Frannie,

That sounds like so much fun and probably the closest thing to being at MJF, I would love to come. Do you know the dates yet? I can picture everything you described and wanted to be there in an instant. I haven't had much correspondance with you through the forum, but have read most of all your contributions and think it would be a great blessing to meet you and all the other farmgirls here on the forum who are able to spend the weekend.

Thanks for thinking of doing this and offering your Cabin as a wonderful gathering place. It sounds like the perfect place to do such a thing.

I pray it will all work out as you imagine and that all those who wish to come will be there. Blessings to you.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  10:27:06 PM  Show Profile
bridgette, patti, lynda ... i'm hoping to have a gathering while honey hunk is climbing mt. evans! he will be in nepal for the whole month of april. so .. it will be during that time .. will let ya'll know soon's i know. this will be fun!!!! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  10:52:10 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to make my calendar now! This is exciting. Yes, I'm tentatively marking off the whole month, don't want to miss this one. Thanks again, Frannie. Let me know what I can bring to add to the festivities. Blessings on the planning.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  11:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Any news on a date for this????

Just checkin'................I'm anxious...

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  1:18:00 PM  Show Profile
oh how much fun, I have always wanted to go to Kentucky, almost went to a college down there. What fun you girls will have, let us know how it goes.

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  4:03:25 PM  Show Profile
I'm scheduling all my weekend commitments in March, just to keep everything open in April. Next Sunday my realtor is doing an open house (my house), the following weekend I'll have 6 high school students here from Thursday-Saturday for a Student Senate state convention, my son will be home for Spring Break that Friday through the whole next week and weekend, so I'm spending as much time with him as I can, and then I'm free every weekend for at least the next month. Can you tell I really want to go to the get-together?

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  7:26:23 PM  Show Profile
we've made a 'few changes' to CCF ... had a new red tin roof put on it .. that 'silver' thingie was a hole in the ceiling where the prior owners had the stove pipe to a woodburning stove. (that's now gone from the cabins .. we have central air and heat) .. we've had that stone and cement walkway dug up .. am putting in a new stone only walkway (almost finished) ... that big bush on the left was not here when we moved here .. there was a magnificent ... oh .. what is that bush with the wonderful smelling lavendar flowers that bloom in spring? well, anyhoo .. we had that removed cuz it had gotten so big .. that it obliterated the view from the window .. AND .. we're getting ready to have the 'sage green' addition between the two cabins painted barn red to match all the other paint of the outbuildings. i always have lots of 'fleurs' in the summertime too!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  7:33:14 PM  Show Profile
gurlfrenz .. i'm defnitely planning on having a gathering .. still waiting to hear from my grandson as to WHEN his spring-break vacation is ... cuz' i'm hoping he will fly into louisville (from delaware) .. he's TWELVE years old .. and i'm going to meet him at the airport and drive directly to toledo, ohio .. where he and his little FOUR year old cousin will meet for the FIRST TIME in their lives!!! i just have to work around those dates. will let ya'll know soon! i'm so glad some of you kids will be able to make it. remember .. i only have three beds .. all in the same teensy little 'stranger' room ... i have a king size bed that twelve or thirteen of you can squeeze into ... and i think i have a couple 'cots' somewhere around here that we can put up in the 'lower cabin'. it will be 'snuggly' .. but oh so fun!

i'm thinking that six or seven would be about the limit for comfort .. but you know me .. ALWAYS room in the pot for another potato or two!

The guest beds are single (one is just a skinny little 'hired-man's bed'. realistically, i guess a couple of you could sleep in our king size bed. i'll take a cot and have another one for someone else.

if our gathering is late april (about the third week) .. how many of you could come?

i'm going to give that grandson a call tonight to see if he knows yet when his spring vacation is. back at ya'll soon! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic FarmGirls Gathering in Kentucky Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page