homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:53:52 PM  Show Profile
Where and how do you store the grains and rice that you buy in bulk. I am always afraid it will go bad.

thanks,
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  7:04:15 PM  Show Profile
I just got food safe buckets from Lehmans catalog. ALready had a big one for flour so put sugar in one and will move on to other things. They shut tight so shouldn't be a problem.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  7:24:51 PM  Show Profile
Wow you ladies inspire me. We moved 3 years ago and I gave a lot away then and then we got here and I had to give things away cause this is a smaller house. And I am still working on de-cluttering. so, it takes time. baby steps sometimes. but it is very rewarding. I like to see my stuff go someplace I know will use it up or really are in need of it. that makes me feel good too. so, you guys have inspired me to keep going. Good going to all of us and I am so happy to hear that other people are in the same place I am of simplifying!!! Wow good thread!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  9:09:00 PM  Show Profile
YIPPIE!!! I've got several people willing to come help me haul this junk out off here! Now it's just organize, organize, organize!!! I feel like as I'm paring away the years of accumulated stuff I'm finding more and more of "ME" and that simplicity is food for the spirit. I think that living with a lot less material baggage in my life will give me emotional space to add more immaterial things to my life, i.e. classes, yoga, gym...some thing that I'm too frazzled by my own mess to do right now. BLAH!

Simple living isn't right for everyone, but I'm excited with the prospects and looking at all of the layers of my life that need simplifying and a good tidying up! A place for everything and no more than I need. I will post pics of all of the junk once its all in one place and on the way out and then of my shiny clean house once I have it all done!!!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  9:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great, Annika! I am so happy for you! I know what you mean by the material baggage hindering the mental space! I feel like that too when my house is cluttered and "full". I can't wait to hear more about this journey you are on. You truly are an inspiration!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  10:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Alee =) I've got a bit of the crud thats going around,and am off to a turtle crawl this morning. But never the less, I'm about to go start in on the kitchen and then all of my too many comforters and linens...happiness is a tidy, usable kitchen and linen closet. And a well stocked pantry is a blessing! I want to start buying in bulk and see if we can budget better and spend less time running to the grocery mart for this or that. I have a good sized pantry, so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Seeking simplicity Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page