Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Update on the update on the update on my mare
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Update on the update on the update on my mare Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  9:34:22 PM  Show Profile
This is about the Paint rescue mare that I got at the beginning of Sept.

She's coming along nicely. We've had a cold snap and I was concerned that she wasn't acclimated (found out she came from quite a ways from here) but, no worries, she looks like a mini-yak. She'll be fine but I dug out my mutha-of-all-horse-blankets for a just in case situation. Plus I have all my in-between blankies too.

I got her hoofies trimmed and she's in fine fettle now. The proud flesh is gone, just a yucky wire scar on both hind legs. She's gaining nicely and is getting a nice rounded butt.

Got whatever infection that was cleared up. Got her wormed and still don't know if she's in foal, however, she hasn't cycled and is getting the inflated look.

It's great, she is so bloomin' relaxed that it's sometimes hard to get her to move out of the way. A real low-key horse who seems to enjoy my company.

Have been watching her romp in her corral and she moves better than I could have hoped. Can swap leads effortlessly and has a super stop. Still don't know if she's broke but I've laid across her and she didn't care. At this point, I don't really care if she is, I'm good with doing what I'm doing. I have plans for later.

I can't remember what all I've told you guys about her so giving the big picture. Just a cutie!!

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  11:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's great Winona! Can't wait to see a picture of her!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  2:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful Winona! love to see pictures of her soon!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Update on the update on the update on my mare Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page