Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile
I just had to say how proud I am of my little guy - he's 2-1/2 - and yesterday some friends of ours asked him if he would like some candy or some fruit, and HE CHOSE FRUIT!!! I wasn't even there. Okay, I'll calm down a little, but I wondered if my not letting him have very much candy or very many sweets would backfire when he was offered some, but it didn't. I know, it's just one time, but I really am proud of that little guy for, well, being so SENSIBLE. Can you tell he's my first babe?

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  11:58:03 AM  Show Profile
Hooray, Libbie!! Dontcha just love it when a plan comes together? You SHOULD be proud.

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  12:34:42 PM  Show Profile
I agree that is wonderul!! My 8 y/o for the most part chooses fruit too. She loves her candy and ice cream, don't get me wrong, but there have been many a time when she would rather have an apple than 'dessert' and it makes me so happy!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  2:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that the best feeling?? My kids are really good about choosing fruit too..and I get comments about it alot. We go through alot of apple here at our place..sure is worth it though. Even my grown boys are still good about eating their fruits and veggies..and none are big on candy and sodas (wellllll, all except husband..who I didn't raise!!)

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2006 :  2:39:46 PM  Show Profile
By the way..I wish you gals could all meet Libbie's little boy..he is the cutest~!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic I'm so proud!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page