Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 adopting children from overseas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic adopting children from overseas Next Topic  

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  08:49:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello,
My husband and I have been discusing the prospect of adopting a child from overseas (Ethiopia, Africa, Asia doesn'tmatter) have any of you out there done this? Please let me know how it went, how it is going. Thanks you, Mella

"I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  09:42:27 AM  Show Profile
Melaine, I was just thinking about posting a topic similar to this. I was wondering also is anyone had any information about adoption to share. Will watch this topic closely, thanks for posting it.

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  10:05:31 AM  Show Profile
How wonderful!
I have 5 adopted kids but all mine were from within the state I lived in at the time (2 from Calif and three from Utah) we have had nothing but positve from our experiences. I hope someone has answers for you about foreign adoption.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  12:52:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi
My 2 wonderful children are adopted too. We just got the final papers on the second one she is 20 mos . Ours too are a domestic adoption from the state we live in. Ours was a positive experience even though it to along time to become final because they didn't have a signature from the birth father. Since we are in our 40's we felt like going thru a private agency was the way to go. We were able to get both children when they were infants and if we had gone for a state adoption or some counties we would only be able to adopt older children. We are truely blessed . We checked into foreign adoption but felt domestic was right for us.

Cornerstone Garlic Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/

Edited by - garliclady on Feb 27 2006 1:20:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  1:44:40 PM  Show Profile
GarlicLady thanks for sharing that bit about going through a private agency because I have looked a little on the internet and I read that some require that you adopt older children or even that you have to get a boy if you already have a girl rather than getting two girls. I would love to get any child but I also saw that some require you to be married for at least 5 years. I will have to do some more research into private agencies. Thanks for sharing your stories ladies. My cousins just adopted two little boys and the adoption took a very long time because the mother didn't want to give them up but the boys had to live in a foster homes. They went to court and the mother gave them over to them. Over the last year the boys have really changed for the better. They would have terrible nightmares and would be closed off, but they are a lot happier now. My cousins are very happy they stuck it out.

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  6:42:51 PM  Show Profile
hi! yes, we have adopted internationally. We have a son from russia and we are looking into adopting from china now. We loved russia, and I am all for adopting interntionally. It was an amazing experience. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  7:00:59 PM  Show Profile
We have had wonderful experiences adopting older children too..and they need homes desperatly. Please don't totally rule that out. Our adopted kids came in to our homes at ages 3, 6,7,8 and 14. They are all older now ( 3-9 year olds, 11, and 21) and we have had no regrets..you just have to really really really research and check everything out. We have had our share of complications to wait through too...it is so worthwhile though.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic adopting children from overseas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page