Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The things you meet when you are out...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The things you meet when you are out... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  07:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
walking. I have been walking at night with Chloe, trying to get in my 3 miles a day. Last night, we were down near the local elementary, which backs right up to a farm. Now, my eyes are not good at night. I heard some rustling off about 50 yards in the dark. Chloe's tail went up and she had a low growl...I stopped to see if I could focus. At first, nothing...then slowly I focused in on a set of big brown eyes...and then the form started to present itself...in the form of a BIG ole brown cow..just staring at me with it's head over the fence...chewing on some grass...So of course, I said "HELLOOOO" and when she didn't answer, I said it again...as if she was deaf and didn't hear me the first time...LOL. She was so pretty, just hanging out but I could see the BULL about 200 yards off and I didn't want to chance it. I hope she is there when I go back tonight.

Heather

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  08:59:23 AM  Show Profile
Well Heather my husband and I have a dairy farm, so you would think I would be use to cows looking at me. Well I am unless I am walking out the door at 3:30am to start milking and one walks around the corner of the house!!!! YIKES the cows were out. The are such nice animals though. However I wouldn't chance it with the bull either!!! LOL

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Instead of telling God how big your problem is....tell your problem how big God is.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  09:17:22 AM  Show Profile
My Grandsons and I love to MOOOO at the cows across the street from us. As soon as they get out of the van they are yelling "can we Moo at the cows Nana" it is so cute. I guess you have to be there.lol

Tina
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  10:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
No Tina..I understand!!! LOL

Heather

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  5:41:48 PM  Show Profile
I love cows! They are so sweet! Our neighbors have cows in the field behind us and I just love going out to say hi. They always seem to gravitate towards me. Maybe it's my voice, or they want food!
When I was a little girl whenever my parents would take us kids for a drive and it was in a rural are we would ALWAYS "MOO!" at the cows :)

I hope you see her again Heather :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  5:50:36 PM  Show Profile
I have a Swiss Brown, her name is Molly Moo Cow, and she answers me when i or anyone moos to her. She loves to clean my grandsons heads if she can get to them , LOL !!!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  7:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a fun discovery, Heather!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  05:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Heather that is too cute! Glad it was only a cow though!!!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  07:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
i used to walk by a cow field and it was nice cause the cows would come right up to the fence..guess they are curious

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The things you meet when you are out... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page