Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Had a fun KENTUCKY FARMGIRLS gathering
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Had a fun KENTUCKY FARMGIRLS gathering Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2006 :  5:57:19 PM  Show Profile
oh wowzer gurlfrenz!

what a fun .. fun .. fun gathering we Kentucky Farmgirls did have Friday and Saturday!

Three of my very bestest gurlfrenz all from right here in ole' Kaintuck .. and I had a whirlwind two days.

Today is Twigs' birthday .. and i am honored that she chose to spend it with me! Dear friend Twigs, (if you are in the 'prim' world .. you will know who she is .. editor of the fantastic Mercantile Gatherings Magazine .. primitive artist and designer extraordinnaire .. and very dear friend) .. her sweeeeet, sweeeeet, sweeeeeeet momma, Judy who has visited Cabin Creek several times now and is a dear friend .. and my bestest friend, SugarBucket Kathy (who is the most knowledgable primitive antiques dealer i've ever known) ... and that chile' can design and build anything primitive .. to just make your prim heart melt .. she and her cutie-pie husband, Eddy and son Michael are building porches all around the cabins here at Cabin Creek .. and we could keep them busy forever primitizing the farm to our heart's delight ...

we gurlz all met in our little town of Greensburg at Glovers' Station Antique mall .. where we shopped and shopped .. then roamed up the street to visit with Hannah at her wonderful folk art shoppe filled with delights .. then rode down the hill to visit that adorable Kathy's Cobblestone Farms .. I am always delighted by her sweet countenance .. (i believe she is one of those little angel-pies sent to earth to make everyone's life happier) .. and she has BEAUTIFUL plants all spring, summer and winter .. and i can hardly wait for her bloomies to start popping so i can bring bunches of them home and plant them. And she has an adorable gift shoppe overflowing with sweet treasures.

Then we all roamed back to town for 'chinese food dinner' at our local town restaurant .. where Honey Hunk surprized us by joining us and regaled us with stories. (HA! mostly cuz' if he didn't .. he'd have to cook his own dinner that night!) that man of mine ... his idea of making a sandwich is to hold the bread in his right hand and some ham and cheese in his left and take alternating bites!

After dinner .. we ambled up the hill where we rented one of the ADORABLE cabins by the Green River .. had bunk beds ... we 'momma's' made the 'young'uns take the top bunks!

And when twigs and i finally stopped yammering and hit the sheets about 2 a.m. i was serenaded all night with a 'snoring duet' by two of the 'gurlz' who will remain anonymous .. but if you want to know their INITIALS .. jus' e-mail me! It's funny .. but i swanee .. it was a truly 'soothing' sound to listen to! (i did hear it rumored that i mighta' done a little accompanying snort at some point during the night also!)

Before we all hit the bed .. Twigs brought all the supplies we need to make 'chalkware' sheep and rabbits ... and taught us how ... SOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!! And i brought a buncha' those little 'carrot' kits and we made up'pa messa' them too!

Saturday morning ... Eddie (Sugarbucket Kathy's honey) appeared at the doorway to go have breakfast with us. We stopped at City Hall to return the Cabin Keys (and you really MUST come spend a couple nights here in town and stay at the cabins .. you can go fishing or canoeing on the river .. or roam town .. a great little get-away .. just call Greensburg City Hall at: 270-932-4298 ... to rent them.

Well, anyhoo, when we got to City Hall .. there stood my mos' favorite preacherman in the whole wide world .. rev. charlie! He took us on a little tour-ette of the Abel Cabin (1700's log cabin beside his church .. right there on Main Street!) ... God just twinkles out of that man's eyes, smile and soul! I am always so happy just being in his presence.

the girls got to meet our handsome Mayor Lisle Cheatham (I SWEAR .. that man will be GOVERNOR of KENTUCKY someday ... you just watch and see! And if you are a Kentuckian .. remember the name .. and vote for him .. because in all of my political life in Washington, D.C. .. I have never met a finer, more honest, dedicated, hard-working, politician who cared as much about the people and town he represents as Mayor Cheatham!!!

Then on up the road to Cambellsville, KY (only ten miles away) for breakfast .. after about an hour and a half and and 27 U-turns later .. we FINALLY found the restaurant!
now .. i am NOT going to tell you who got us that lost ...
but her ditzy initials are: FM and she lives at CCF!!!

We all gobbled down one of those fabulous country restaurant buffet breakfasts of ham and eggs and bacon and fried balogna (or balonie as we kentuckians spell it!) .. and biscuits and gravy and french toast and sweet syrup and taters and lotsa' fruit and coffee! ROLLING out the door of the restaurant .. we headed for some antiques shoppes and junque stores where we managed to fill the van from side to side and end to end!

Next, and the highlight of our day ... we headed toward Green River Lake to visit Beehind Thymes, another sweet angel-pie, Pamela Anthony owns. AND she is BEAUTIFUL! She has the most magnficent cutting flower gardens all during the summer .. and the cutest prim shop ever ever! (remember, i sent pics last week of her dear shop). Well, we all managed to spend about a million dollars each on her hand-did treasures. And we'll all be getting together soon for Twigs to teach Kathy, Pamela and Me how to do web-sites and such on the computer!

Also be sure to subscribe to Mercantile Gatherings Magazine .. cuz' Beehind Thymes will soon be featred in it!

Mercantile Gatherings Magazine
e-mail: mercantile@neo.rr.com
phone: 4190935-1321
(tell 'em frannie sent you!)

I was thrilled to the bone at how these three young ladies immediatly became soul sisters and i just know their paths were aligned to cross in this lifetime! I believe we shall all become forever friends!

Well, we hit the Cambellsville Peddler's Mall for 'one last shoppe of the day' .. and loaded up those carts with yet more treasures!

On back to Cabin Creek Farm to 'show and tell' our new 'olde' porches and Hank's fenced in yard that he and WONDERFUL neighbor Terry Gray built in just a few days!

God has truly blessed us to find Kentucky and Green County and all our wonderful new friends.

Took my camera with me .. but we were so occupied with having tons of fun .. that i completely forgot to take it out to snap pictures to share with you .. you are just going to have to come visit and see this wonderland yourself!

Frannie Meshorer
CABIN CREEK FARM

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Mar 11 2006 6:08:54 PM

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2006 :  10:27:50 PM  Show Profile
What a lovely weekend, Frannie! It is so much fun to hear about your adventures - I have a vision of what your "neck of the woods" is like and it's so vivid from your descriptions. Thanks, and what a great time!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  3:51:07 PM  Show Profile
well miz libbie .. utah is quite lovely too! our darling daughter, WEDNESDAY, attended the University of Utah in Salt Lake City a hand-full of years ago .. and i loved visiting her! AMBLE on over this way someday for a visit! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

HouseOnTheHill
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Kathy
Winchester KY
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  05:28:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie,

I'm new to FGC & I just read your "KY Farmgirls Gathering" note. It sounded like you all had a wonderful time. I also live in KY just outside Lexington & love folkart & antiques. It would be great to meet you all. Do you have another gathering plannned? Is anyone into rug hooking in the group?

Have a Sunny Day!

Kathy in the House on the Hill
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  06:32:34 AM  Show Profile
hi kathy .. oh my yesssssss! april 21 - 24 .. a bunch of us are getting together here at cabin creek farm. headin' out the door to do some antiquing right now ... but e-mail me .. and i'll send you all the info. would LOVE to have you join us! xo, frannie

p.s. we promise grande fun!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Had a fun KENTUCKY FARMGIRLS gathering Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page