True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Katy
Fairhope AL
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  11:53:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!

I wanted to be sure that you all knew about National Alpaca Farm Days that will be going on this coming weekend (September 26 & 27).

Alpaca farms all over the country will open their doors to visitors next Saturday and Sunday. To find a participating farm near you - visit
http://www.nationalalpacafarmdays.com/default.html

These events are FREE and a great way to learn about alpacas, their fleece, and what alpaca farmers in your area are up to.

Have fun and let us know if you get to meet some cute, furry faces!

Best,
Katy

Visit me at www.alpacafarmgirl.com

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  12:30:51 PM  Show Profile
HI Katy,
How funny! I just received an email from Kim Overby about the same thing. I wish I could attend , but we are having our first Farmgirls of the Heartland chapter meeting.

Kim said she would be unable to attend the meeting because of the Alpaca day in Independence, MO.

Tell Kim hello. Hopefully we will be able to visit her farm and get better aquainted with Alpacas.

Take care,
WENDE

You know your a Farm Girl when...
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  6:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Katy! I found a farm nearby and will try to visit it on sunday. I love alpacas, not just for their wool but for their disposition as well. sort of like a cross between a cat, a donkey, and a lamb. Hope that doesn't sound too weird.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  5:13:33 PM  Show Profile
My mom and I went out to lunch with a friend and on the way home we took a different route. We passed an alpaca farm, it was so nice and clean and our friend said she heard they were having an open house next weekend. Then I read this. I think we will have our grandson so now I am all excited as I plan on going to apple-umpkin then the alpaca farm. I just love days like the one I'm having now and I bet I'll love the week-end also. Thank-you God.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  9:31:52 PM  Show Profile
Katy, Thanks for the info! I found a farm about 30 miles from me I may try to go check out this weekend! I always thought it was too hot in my area for them! It would be great to take the kids!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alpaca Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Katy
Fairhope AL
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  10:37:48 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for looking for farms in your area, Farmgirls! This is a fun weekend.

Monica,
We have been raising alpacas in hot, humid lower Alabama for 10 years. They can be do well in the warmer climates with proper management.

Plus, alpacas used to be very highly priced. They may go back up in price as economy improves, but they are much more affordable these days because of the economy. If you ever thought of buying some - this is the time. I wish I had more cash to invest in them myself. Lol!

Take care and have fun seeing the alpacas!

Katy

Visit me at www.alpacafarmgirl.com
Go to Top of Page

sanderfam
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Renae
MN
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  7:45:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm planning to attend here in Minnesota. We visited a couple last year. My dream is to have an alpaca farm soon. We've been keeping an eye out for the right property. They are such wonderful animals. Hopefully by the time my son graduates (in two years) my dream will come true.

Renae
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  4:57:11 PM  Show Profile
I wish Alpacas weren't so expensive to buy. I would love to have an Alpaca farm. This has been my dream for along time. We have 8 acres, but as I said before, they are sooo expensive! I can dream though.

http://barbaralucore.etsy.com
http://beedangledcreations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  6:20:16 PM  Show Profile
I visited ab alpaca farm today and bought a felted wool purse. Loved seeing their wooly faces. Also got to pet a pot-bellied pig and an emu. I want some alpacas some day when I have more land. they are so neat.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic National Alpaca Farm Days Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page