Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters! Next Topic
Page: of 8

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  06:41:08 AM  Show Profile
I got such a nice little letter from my secret sis on Saturday, and I can't wait to meet her! :)

My reveal package is going out to my secret sis today!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  5:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Ladies - I have to thank each and every one of you! This has been the greatest sister round of all. No problems at all!

The big reveal is tomorrow if you can. Send a notecard or e-mail to reveal yourselves! (November 10)

I will start another round of secret sisters (#5) in mid January 2010!
So look for my posting here on the barter section!

Thanks again and have wonderful Holidays!

Sue Feely
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  6:30:57 PM  Show Profile
Sue thank you so much for doing this! It was a wonderful way for me to get to know others in the forum! You did a great job organizing it and I will be signing up for the next Secret Sister in January!
:)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  9:17:46 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Sue! It was a lot of fun and I hope my secret sis had fun too!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  06:09:51 AM  Show Profile
Denise.aka. catgirl...YOU ARE A DOLL! I have loved everything you have sent!! I love the mitts and the fabric is great! The calendar and planner are just what I need:) And I want to know how you knew my hot glue stopped working last week? You were a wonderful secret sister!!! Thank you so much for your kindness!

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Has life got you down?...Look Up!
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  08:11:45 AM  Show Profile
I have had a great time with this round of Secret Sisters Patricia was mine it was fun trying to figure out what she would like I hope I did an ok job.
Sue you did a Fantastic Job. See you in January.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  08:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I've really enjoyed this round of Secret Sisters.

Thanks for organizing it Sue.

LynnMarie

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  2:26:42 PM  Show Profile
Sue Thank You so much for heading up this round of Secret Sisters!!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  9:04:58 PM  Show Profile
Sorry so late to post but my SS sent me a wonderful package of some items that she handmade. There were so many things I will just post a picture! Thank you SS for the wonderful package. I have been showing it off to all of my friends. I love everything but especially the Handmade Farmgirl. I have it hanging in my kitchen.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  06:36:26 AM  Show Profile
Here is a bigger photo of my gifts!

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  4:30:17 PM  Show Profile
Sue thank you for organizing this secret sister round. I am anxiously awaiting the next round. I will be signing up. Now for the reveal. It's going to be a few days late for my receiving sister. I had a major malfunction with my sewing machine and finally got it to working yesterday. I finished up with my box at midnight this morning and had to turn around and get up at 4:30 to go to work. My husband had off today and was given strict instructions on mailing procedure. Thought I had it covered until 9:30 this morning when my husband called to tell me the post office was closed for the same reason he had off work today. But it is set to go out tomorrow. I have to work but my daughter in law has volunteer to take it to the post office on her lunch break. So secret sister I hope you have enjoyed the things I have sent to you. I have enjoyed putting them together for you.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  2:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, Melanie Masterson of Boonville, Indiana you've gone and done it!!!!! What a TREASURE CHEST you sent me!!!! WOW!!!
The box itself is a treasure . . . will that go in my project room or what!!! Melanie sent me packages of flavored coffees, variety of yummy chocolates, several different pieces of lace trim (she knows I sew), a variety of note cards/stationery, sticky notepad, calendar with cool vintage artwork pictures, recipe cards, variety of gel pens, rub-ons for cardmaking, (she knows I do papercrafting) a fun, bendable ivory colored angel (I have some of those bendable snowmen . . they are FUN!!!), another angel that says "Peace on Earth" (she knows I LOVE angels),
bright colored knit Mary Jane (shoe style) style slippers, a "Friends" wall hanging, a vintage looking coaster type doily in cream and yellow, a fancy, cream colored oval shaped doily with ruffly edging . . ELEGANT & BEAUTIFUL, a lovely glass plaque that is a square piece of frosted coppery-pink colored glass with little flowers painted around the edge with the Bible verse, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". Philippians 4:13 printed on it and it has a little stand. I put it on my piano.
Melanie how did you know that verse is one I focus on when facing life's challenges??
I told you . . . a TREASURE CHEST . . . THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
You have been SO-O-O-O-O GOOD to me!!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  2:42:12 PM  Show Profile
4HMom (Kelly) Can you even begin to see my smiles all the way over in Montana? You have been the absolute BEST secret sister ever!!!! I so much have loved all the goodies you've sent me. I don't even know where to start, the chicken apron and matching hot pad are so beautiful! Your dishcloth in knit is by far better than mine turned out in crochet this Christmas! I love the pattern, the ladybug fabric, the cookbook, postcards, stickers and I'm sitting here with my Montana huckleberry lips eating huckleberry gummi bears. I can't wait to try the MJF chocolate but I'm especially excited about the jam and the watermelon pieces, I've never had that before. The jerky will be next (after the gummi bears) and I put the Montana pin on my tote bag you made me earlier. I've always thought your state was so beautiful and someday I hope to come and see it. Thank-you again so much for all my things, it has truly been a wonderful experience. I will get back to you with answers to all your questions, again Thank-you....

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  2:50:30 PM  Show Profile
Sue, thank-you so much for doing this! It was a fantastic experience and I'm so looking forward to the next round. You did a great job. :)
Kelly, if you took a picture of my apron please post it, it is so cute! I don't know how to post here, or I would gladly post it. Sorry :(
Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Edited by - Autumn Leaves on Nov 12 2009 4:13:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  3:17:57 PM  Show Profile
My secret sister is MissLiss!!! I am so excited, can you tell??!!! Even though I am waaayy on the other side of the country from her, and old enough to be her mom, I am really excited to get to know her better! The letters she writes are just wonderful, and she sent me one today to reveal herself!
Thank you Melissa for being such a wonderful secret sister!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  11:28:04 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I'm glad you liked them! I really loved putting together your package and I'm sorry I couldn't have done more of them! But I'm glad you enjoyed the letters and it was so much fun writing to you and getting to know a little bit about you! I think you just may get a letter from way over here in sunny California every once in a while...just for giggles! I'm so glad I signed up for this swap and am glad I got to meet you. Now I have to find out who sent me my package!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  05:14:44 AM  Show Profile
CJ I just opened the reveal package you sent and words can not express my appreciation. I just opened the box this morning because my husband just found it. Our house is almost a half mile off the road so we set up a place on the driveway that the mail lady can put larger packages. Well my husband and I both forgot to check it yesterday. As soon as he brought it in I commenced to opening (like a little kid). I love everything. I am currently sitting at my computer with my big fuzzy slippers, my flannel pajamas, my uncombed very wild hair and my rooster apron! I am sure that everyone thinks they have had a wonderful SS but I know that I have had the best. Either you and I are very much alike or you had a little spy because everything you sent are things I would have picked out. You are a wonderful person and I would be willing to bet you and I are alike in another way, you enjoy the giving as much if not more than the receiving. It shows in all the packages you have sent. Thank you. And don't loose my address I would love to stay in touch with you.
Victoria

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  05:29:55 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, Ms Autumn Leaves!!!! All I can say is thank you so much for being the best secret sister ever!!! I have truly enjoyed every single thing from the begining to my big revel package! The beautiful photo album I will cherish for many yrs to come, while the chocolate will not last that long here it will be enjoyed just the same! I love the mag and calendar you sent and such a sweet letter. I plan to visit your blog soon and I am going to write you a letter soon too! I cant express with words how much your kindness has meant to me! Blessings,Karen
P.S. Thank you for the beautiful green dishcloths too!
Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Ga Girl on Nov 13 2009 08:46:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  05:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Victoria . . .EastTXFarmgirl . .
I would love to see you in your rooster apron . . :). I have had nothing but fun and pleasure in making and sending you those things. I have trusted that they are just what you want or need!!!!
By the way . . . the bee fabric is called "Busy Bee", designed for Jo-Ann Fabric stores. So, hopefully if you have access to a Jo-Ann's you can find it there. I bought mine at Jo-Ann's in Glendale, Arizona where my daughter lives . . . 350 miles away!!!
I won't lose your address . . .
QUESTION: Do you wear pierced earrings??

THANKS for your appreciation. THANKS for the privilege!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  09:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Karen,
I'm so tickled you liked your things, I've had the album done since I sent out the first box and I had to MAKE myself wait until the reveal to send it to you. It was so fun watching your posts and trying to figure out what you would like all the while staying secret. Thank-you for the comment on my blog, now I can follow yours too, I didn't want to before in case it "gave me away". It was truly a pleasure being your secret sister!!!

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  10:18:08 AM  Show Profile
That's SOOO funny Jennifer...I made your apron in the very beginning too and could hardly wait to send it to you! And I am thrilled you've liked your goodies!!! I had a lot of fun tryig to figure out what you'd like. I did take a picture of the apron... :)

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  10:21:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Denise (aka Levisgrammy) Thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful gifts in the "reveal" box! The cup is beautiful and reminds me of the time I spent in England...that's what we drank our tea from :) Love the Kitchen angel too! The color compliments my kitchen nicely. You've been such an AWESOME SS. I couldn't have asked for a nicer farm girl to get to know. Thanks again, so much!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  10:22:15 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,
Thank-you for posting the picture, I wanted everyone to see how beautiful it was! Oh, and I sent you that "letter" email. Thanks again!

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  5:03:27 PM  Show Profile
Julie, What an awsome SS you are. I can't thank you enough for the bountiful reveal gifts. The beautiful apron, crochet doilies, cards, and the green christmas towel which I think will go on my cinnamon broom (?). Also the precious snowbaby ornament. And I loved the stickers you used to hold the tissue paper instead of tape. You have been the bestest best.

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  07:56:11 AM  Show Profile
Just popping in to say THANK YOU to my very best secret sister....Brenda! Oh my what a good time I have had of it. She sent me the most awesome stuff. There is this very pretty journal with a Christmas tree on it. I love that. She also sent me note cards she made herself and a sweet smelling little sachet. She has sent wonderful notes and letters the whole time too! This has been my first time doing the Secret Sister gifts and I have had a wonderful time giving and receiving and I am grateful for ALL of you farm girls. It' appears everyone has really had a great time of it!!! And we can't forget Sue who put it all together. You are one awesome gal, Sue!! Thanks!

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page