Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters! Next Topic
Page: of 8

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  1:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
A very BIG thanks to my secret sister!!! She is AWESOME!! She sent me a box full of rooster things which I JUST LOVE!! My son hung the measuring spoons by the sink each individually I just can't bring myself to use them but I love looking at them! Thanks so much it just made my whole week!

And you wanted to know more about me and what I like to do soooooo I like to try almost any craft but like to embroider, cross stitch, sew, crochet (but Im not real good), scrapbook, and I always have some little project just waiting for me. I like to be a Jane of all trades and master of none!!

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  2:51:26 PM  Show Profile
I have the best secret sister. Yesterday it was cloudy and drizzeling rain all day and all I wanted to do was stay in bed. But low and behold I heard a car honk and it was my postman bringing me a package from my secrect sister. In my package I found a really cute halloween pot holder and dish towel and the pot holder was full of candy (which by the way my husband would like to sign up for the next SS round and would like to have the same SS that I have now. He has a weakness for Reese's and Hersey Kisses)and I don't know where she gets the Breast Cancer awareness items she has sent me but that is really nice. I got a shopping tote, a hand towel and two granola bars all of them Breast Cancer awareness. We just found out that one of the nurses that works in our ICU has Breast Cancer. We are waiting for the staging now. Keep her in your prayers. Her name is Micky. Thank you. I love my package.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  1:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
I have recieved a gorgeous card in the mail from my secret sis! Thanks it was so nice and bright pink made my day since it's been raining for about 3 days now...! :)

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http://sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  5:58:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Oh Oh, I have been posting on the wrong thread!!! How do I transfer them to this one. I have the best SS and wouldn't want her to think that I am not receiving my wonderful gifts, or that I am not appreciative. So Sorry,

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I received a wonderful "HAPPY FALL" card today from my SS . . . handmade with what appears to be a photograph of fall folage.
THANKS FOR THAT WARM SPOT!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:04:23 PM  Show Profile
Posted - Sep 25 2009 : 6:58:54 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well girls, I just have to brag. I received a gift from Secret Sis TODAY! It is stationary and note cards and a journal all with a beautiful red gebera daisy pictured on them and tied with a red raffia ribbon. She was even so thoughtful to include postage stamps as well. Also included was a lovely card with a note telling me about her day. It is all so sweet and I love it. Thank You, thank you, thank you.

Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:06:31 PM  Show Profile
Posted - Oct 02 2009 : 5:21:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the cutest card today. It was about having a bad hair day. My Secret Sis must be watching the weather reports for my part of TX and knew that we have been having high winds and storms lately. Thanks for the laughs.

Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:08:18 PM  Show Profile
Posted - Oct 14 2009 : 6:49:01 PM

My turn again! After working a 14 hour day I came home to the most delightful package from my S.S. It contained a beautiful hand made cloth basket from harvest material stuffed full of potpouri, chewing gum and (the best part) flavored coffies. The box also contained Dove Chocolate (score for me) and chocolate covered mints. The most wonderful Halloween fabric panel was tied up with a black ribbon. I am going to have so much fun picking out a backing fab. And another lovely card. I think I have the best S.S.

Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:09:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey I found out how to copy and paste posts.

Go to Top of Page

catgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Denise
New Market AL
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  10:53:59 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to thank my SS for the wonderful package she sent. It was filled with homemade halloween peanut butter candy (love peanut butter) along with the molds for me to make more, black cat pez dispenser, deck of Frankenstein cards, pair of Black cat socks, 2 black cat potholders, black cat scrubby, and a black cat tea towel. Cant tell you how much I love these! I have black cats (all male) and one calico tabby female. I didnt have anything halloween for the kitchen so just loved the kitchen stuff. Oh and by the way hubby only got one piece of candy :)lol. You're spoiling me with all the treats you know!

Denise

nittinfool.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  2:03:05 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful little letter I got today from my secret sister. I to am excited about the reveal so we can actually get to "meet" each other. This has been such a fun thing to do. Thank-you for my letter, it's nice to get something personal in the mail once in a while.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  3:56:38 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer,
I too have enjoyed the letters so much! It's so nice to get a personal letter in the mail and sit down somewhere comfy with a cup of coffee or tea and just enjoy it!
I can't wait to meet my Secret Sis!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  07:16:49 AM  Show Profile
I love my SS's newsy notes that she sends to me! I got a nice one yesterday with lots of questions. When I have a few more time, I'll answer them here. In the meantime, just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate getting "real" mail!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  7:16:51 PM  Show Profile
We can never change partners cause I got the best one. Got another big box of goodies today, Not any empty space. Chocked full of good reading material for long soaks in the tub, cute pumpkin decorations, fall napkins, the very cutest ceramic candy corn man, and the best part, Blackberry Cobbler Gourmet Candy Corn. The DH grabbed the box and ran off. Don't worry, I chased and tackled him to get it back. I may have to subscribe to the Victoria Bliss Mag. I'll say it again... I have the best SS.

Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  7:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I received the bestest (that is a word, right?) farmgal apron ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It even matches my kitchen! Wonder if my SS peeked in the window??? LOL
I think I received it on Saturday. (I lost track of time as I had to get my house cleaned up for a psychic party on Sunday).

And then yesterday, I received the cutest stuff fabric pear.

I am one happy gal. : )

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  2:40:50 PM  Show Profile
I, again, received the bestest package from my secret sis! First of all, a two page handwritten letter that I just love! (You wanna be my sister for real?).!

Also homemade pumpkin cooies with a handwritten recipe attached. A loaf of pumpkin bread which I am downing as we speak; and some candy (already gone) and a jar of pumpkin or apple butter (have not openend that one yet!).

Thank you, thank you, thank you secret sister!

Sue Feely
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  6:10:58 PM  Show Profile
I received another package today from my sweet secret sister. She sent a gorgeous kitchen towel with apples on it. I love those! AND some soaps that she made herself. They smell wonderful! Thank you so much my SS. You sure made my day a bright one even though it it raining. :) And they are wrapped up with rickrack for the ribbon, such a cute idea!

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  6:17:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello Secret Sister....You asked some questions in your last very welcome letter...here are some answers. Once we know the identities of each other, I can ask you in return! :)

I teach biology, chemistry, and wildlife biology to 9th-12th graders. This is my 20th year teaching, and I've been in the same school my whole career. I've taught at our alternative campus, spend a lot of time teaching science to special ed kids and at-risk kids. I am lucky to start my day at the school farm where I teach freshmen biology. Talk about a great place to teach science! It's a working farm where kids raise barley that they make into feed for the pigs, sheep, and cows. We have about 5 acres of riparian area, so I get to take them on "field trips" a lot. I sort of live in the country...we've been in our house since 1990, and more folks have been building out our way. We have about 2 acres where we have chickens, rabbits, a lab, a Welsh corgi, and 5-6 pigs during the summer. I'm with you...I just LOVE fresh eggs. We do get a lot of snow most winters. We had a good 6 inches at the beginning of this month and got down to 0 degrees at night. We're back to normal now with night temps in the 20's and days in the low 40's...at least for now (LOL). We also heat with a woodstove exclusively, so sweaters, sweatshirts, and blankets are common on our house.

I so enjoy your goodies...thank you so very much. I'm anxious to "meet" you so I can learn about you too!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  12:36:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks secret sister for the dish cloth and recipe booklets.

Happiness is having
farmgirl friends.
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  5:40:50 PM  Show Profile
I just joined the Sisterhood, and now I would like to join the gift- giving Secret Sisterhood!
Is it possible to join in at this time?
Thanks, Y'all!
Mary
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  6:42:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mary welcome to the forum. This round is actually wrapping up. There is one in this forum that is just starting sign ups that will begin in January and go a whole year.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  6:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Today I received a package with some fabric in my favorite colors of purple and teal, some frog and ladybug stickers (can use in my papercrafting projects and a wonderful letter written by my SS on heart shaped paper!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for this day-brightener!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  7:15:11 PM  Show Profile
I got a rooster shopping bag from my secret sister today. I love roosters. I love the bag. Thank you so much SS.

Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  07:19:17 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
My turn to brag!! My secret sister sent me all kinds of goodies. New things to embroider and floss and a cute little bag with chocolate (and it was a chocolate kinda day yesterday!) Thank you so much you are just wonderful!!!

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  5:38:15 PM  Show Profile
I received a wonderful letter from my secret sister yesterday!!! I cannot wait to find out who she is, so I can actually write back to her!!! She is so sweet and what a great letter writer! I have really enjoyed her letters to me!
Secret Sister, I have a feeling we like a lot of the same things... I'm looking forward to finding out who you are!
Please tell my "secret niece" thank you very much for the picture she sent for me, and even if you hadn't wrote on it, I would have known what it was for! I have it hanging up on my fridge next to my 4 1/2 year old grand daughters letter she made for me! I will treasure it!
And, yes, I have read Janette Oke, but it's been years... I must have read all her books over and over when my girls were young. They all love them too! Oh, and I ordered some more Nevada Barr books this week, because I like the one you gave me so much! I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend! :)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page