Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters! Next Topic
Page: of 8

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  2:57:55 PM  Show Profile
I'm trying to calm my excitement but it's really hard. My mailman was overloaded today with packages. He has been on vacation and had a replacement who won't just leave packages on the door if no one is home. So today I got millions of packages, well thousands OK OK maybe not quite that many but a lot. LOL Two were marked from my SS so I ripped into them and I LOVE LOVE LOVE what she sent me. I got a fall tea towel and a leaf cookie cutter, How does she know I collect cookie cutters?? Then I got a tea towel with citrus fruit on it, how to cool for the Queen of citrus curds, I'm making it every week, a Thanksgiving pumpkin decoration, the sweetest little crocheted soft boiled egg tea cup and vanilla mints. I have been made to feel very special by my SS and whoever you are thank you from the bottom of my heart, I really needed to feel special.
HUGE Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  2:59:59 PM  Show Profile
Sis thanks so much for all the fun goodies.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  8:35:14 PM  Show Profile
Secret Sister thank you for the amish book. I will enjoy reading it.

Happiness is having
farmgirl friends.
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  07:21:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh MY GOODNESS!! I have the best secret sister ever! When I got home last night I had THREE packages waiting!! It was like Christmas, and I truly felt like a little kid tearing into them. A beautiful apron, crochet potholders, an embroidered tea towel, embroidery patterns, fabric, sweet notes and cards, and three FANTASTIC books!! One especially for embroidery stitches which I stayed up 1/2 the night studying. Thank you, thank you, thank you Secret Sister!!! YOu made my whole week!!!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  09:11:45 AM  Show Profile
I need give big a BIG ((((hug)))) and thank you to my secret sister. It is a COLD asnd RAINY day here and I am feeling a little under the weather. The mail lady brought up to the door a big box from none other than my secret sister!! It was filled with a cow print fleece blanket(which I am using right now), a knitted PURPLE scarf, a snoopy riding on a purple pumpkin:) and 3 craft kits. I love every single thing you sent.
You made my day for sure!!!

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Has life got you down?...Look Up!
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  08:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
yesterday in the mail i recieved from my secret sister a nice lil' note and a nice lil' address book! Thanks so much! the lil' gifts and cards make my day! :) Thanks again!

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http://sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  09:30:16 AM  Show Profile
Thank you secret sister for the cup teapot and tea. I love having tea in the afternoon while I watch my soap. Thanks so much.

Happiness is having
farmgirl friends.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  12:04:32 PM  Show Profile
Thank you secret sis! I got some Susan Branch stickers and instructions on how to make a rag doll. Looks easy enough. Thank you so much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  3:44:17 PM  Show Profile
Wow, me again! My secret sister sent me a nice large dishtowel with sunflowers on it, a magnetic note pad ( I'm always making lists ), hens with chickies and fall leaves stickers. Last time I forgot to mention my pressed leaf bookmark (I forgot because it was already in my book). Thank-you so much to my fabulous sister, you really know how to make me smile.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Denise
New Market AL
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  7:03:50 PM  Show Profile
Secret Sister,

Thanks so much for the homemade lip balm you sent to me! I love it. You are really a talented person. I think I need lessons on making some myself for gifts for Christmas. Thanks again!

Denise

nittinfool.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  9:05:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello girls! Today I got my second package from my secret sister! She sent me a little pot of the most heavenly smelling hand cream and a hunk of goat's milk soap. I had to try the hand cream right away (loved it!) but I'm going to save the soap for a special occasion - I don't know when, but I never get nice soap, so I feel like I'm going to need a reason to use it! Thank you secret sister! And when I know who you are, I intend on finding out where you got these little goodies so I can get some more! :-)

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  2:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, the mail carrier brought me a package today with the most BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL Harvest Angel in it!!! Just wonderful!! I LOVE fall and I LOVE angels!!! I also received a lovely card!
THANK YOU SO-O-O-O-O much!!! I love it!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  2:59:59 PM  Show Profile
I recieved another great package from my SS today! It has the most wonderful little gift set with roosters on it,it includes notebook, memo pad,and notecards and a rooster towel with some blueberry muffin mix! Yummm! Thank you so much SS I love roosters! So cute and thoughtful,you brightened my day! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  3:40:38 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, so did I!!!! I could come over and help you make your muffins Karen, because I got a new apron. A darling vintage apron made out of terry cloth and it says "Give us this day our Daily bread". Now tell me that's not just to sweet!! My theme is polka dots thought, I must hid these from my sister. She is the polka dot queen. LOL A polka doted candle and garden gloves, she will STEAL those. Herb seeds, a 30 day devotional book to do with the one I love. We are going to do this next month to honor our 500th anniversery month. OK, maybe not quite that many but almost!! Hold on I'm not done yet, a vintage needle point or maybe this is really petty point small hand bag, lip stick and the sweetest hand made card that has a little blue bird on it. I collect blue birds. Does my secret sister know we lived 13 years in Texas's bluebird capital of the world, Wills Point?? LOL Every town has to be know for something, Athens is the home of the worlds first Hamburger!! Now tell me how they know that. To Funny! Thank you so much my secret sister. You make me smile and feel like a little kid opening my presents.

Really big smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  4:55:37 PM  Show Profile
Yea, The mail man brought me a package from my secret siter!!! I received a chicken feeder candy dish with candy, a journel, a bluebird pincushion, the cutest buttons that I already know what I am putting them on, a beautiful eagle card, which I needed as a reminder and 2 wonderful letters. Thank You so much secret sister, you made a icky Monday much better.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  5:08:11 PM  Show Profile
How is it that the arrival of a surprise from a secret sister can brighten such a gloomy Monday???? Thank you SS for the perfect timing of a wonderful package!!! I too, got a vintage apron, with the pockets stuffed full of goodies like lavendar bath salts, Thanksgiving stickers, and little needlepoint project, and some really darling cards. If I didn't have a meeting tonight, that apron would already be on!!!! So Thanks, Sister, for making my day again!!!!!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  6:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Well, I too recieved a lovely card with a sentiment that really lifted my spirits. Thank-you Secret Sister you have really touched my heart.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  7:03:28 PM  Show Profile
Wooo Hooo I recieved my second package from my Secret Sister. I had a box full of lovely suprises!!
In my box I got some pumpkin spice hershey kisses ( I have hid them from my DH) A very pretty fall leaf pillow, some very cute pumpkin votive candels and a wonderful card. Thank you Secret Sister you are the best!!!

Tina
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  09:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I received a sweet package from my secret sister last week. There is some some halloween stcikers, recipe cards and stationary. I love it!! Thank you secret sis!!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  10:55:38 AM  Show Profile
I got a nice card with scrapbooking srickers in it. thanks Secret sister!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  9:10:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you SS for the very nice card and note that you wrote and I can't wait to plant to seeds that you sent of the pretty flowers! It was a nice treat as I was not having a good day that day and you brightened it right up.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  5:34:14 PM  Show Profile
I received a wonderful package today from my secret sister!!! It was sitting on my porch when I got home from running errands this morning, I had such a busy day I had to wait until later to open it, and it was definitely worth the wait!!
The first thing that fell out was a beautiful vintage feedsack round pillow cover in the wedding ring pattern. I've never seen anything like it, it will make a big pillow. At first I thought it was from an old quilt that someone had saved and made into this pillow cover, but when I looked closely I could see it was all handsewn and done at the same time! I can't wait to stuff it and put it on my bed! I'll have to post a pic when I have it done! :) I so love vintage quilts, and will always treasure this!
Then fell out the cutest little pincushion, in cream and blue. I've had the same pincushion forever, so it is so nice to have a new one!
Then, the sweetest little red and white tin with a chicken on it, perfect for my plans for my red and white kitchen!
Then, a box of yummy cinnamon apple tea!
And, a great packet of note cards- I'm always needing those- that she embellished herself, in my favorite color blue!
A wonderful punch, heart shaped, I can't wait to use it!
Then, lo and behold! A book! I've already read a few pages, and marked where I was with the absolutely gorgeous bookmark she made for me!!! It's got a beautiful celtic knot design that she designed herself, and let me tell you girls, she is very talented!
And, last but not least a wonderfully newsy letter to read and enjoy. :)
Wow, what a great package to receive!
Secret Sister, I so enjoyed opening my package from you, everything is perfect, and it is very obvious how much thought you put into everything in there! Thank you so much!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  05:05:40 AM  Show Profile
I recieved a beautiful pair of slippers from my secret sister. I put them on and haven't taken them off since.

Thank You Thank You Thank You.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  07:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Gosh, it seems we have all been Blessed with our Secret Sisters this time around.It is so nice to recieve a letter or note from someone that isn't a bill or advertisement. A great big thank-you goes out to Sue for doing this...what a terrific lady you are!!!

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  08:11:58 AM  Show Profile
I second that! Yeah for Sue!!

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page