Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters! Next Topic
Page: of 8

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  11:54:31 AM  Show Profile
I just saw this after I said something on the other thread. So I'll thank my SS again for all the wonderful things I got in my box last week! I love the peppermint and the candle is already gone. The bubblebath will be used soon and the music is so nice. The tea is good, too. So thank you SO much for making my day and week!! This is so fun!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  6:37:22 PM  Show Profile
I have heard from my secret sis and she is the best! She sent me a package of assorted goodies including some pumpkin seeds from her very own pumpkin farm! I just love pumpkins, I will certainly use these seeds next season in my own garden! Thanks again sista
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  07:23:38 AM  Show Profile
I was feeling a little down yesterday. My only child and his wife of 1 year left to go on a week long glamping trip to celebrate their 1 year anniversary. They just grow up so fast. I thought about all the times, when he was growing up, I packed him up and off we went to spend the week in the outbacks of the Cascade mountains. I'm babysitting my 2 fourlegged "grandkids" while they're gone. We took a walk to the mailbox and in it was the cutest card and a pack of flower seeds honoring breast cancer awareness from my secret sister. I smiled the rest of the day. My son is a cancer survivor. Thank you Secret Sister you made me realize that raising kids is just like a flower, with time, love and care they grow strong and beautiful.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  09:53:31 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I already got my second surprise. It's a cute card and a set of mini metal farm charms. I'm gonna hook the tractor one on my sweatshirt zipper. Thank-you secret sis! I just love this, it is so fun. Have a great day.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lulu bell
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Karen
Ashland NE
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  10:01:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you secret sister for the bird house (it holds tea bags) and the little tea pot with ornaments I love them. If I didn't know better I would say you have been to my house I have other bird houses because I love birds and I have miniture tea pots neither of which I told you when I discribed my likes and collections. Thank you they really made my day it is dreary here today and I get to go sit out in it tonight to watch my dd play a double hitter. Karen
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  12:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Today's mail brought a package with a cute card and a lovely key chain with a tag that says "laugh often, live well, love much". LOVELY, LOVELY, LOVELY!!
Thanks you SS . . . and thanks for the message of the tag . . goals for my life!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  12:57:04 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like so much fun. I am looking forward to the next round!

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  3:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
I just recieved a very cute "Autumn" card from my secret sister today! It truly made my day!

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http://sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  07:45:20 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Girls,I have got to have the bestest SS in the whole wide world! Thank-you for the lovely candles and material.Most of all thank-you for the books...yes, you guessed it... I love to read!!! I read everyday for about two hours , more if I have the time. I cannot wait to get started on these books.Thank-you again from the bottom of my heart...you are sure one great secret sister!!!Bless You, Pam

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  07:46:29 AM  Show Profile
SS you spoil me!!!! I just received my 2nd package, a beautiful purple and white checkered apron with beautiful embroidery all through it!!! AMAZING(purple is my favorite color and the craftsmanship is nothing short of perfection) I put it on right away and am wearing it as we speak!!! She also sent me 2 fall dishtowels and some vanilla chai and orange tea!!! Secret Sister you are truly the best!!! <3 big hugs to you, thank you for shining some warm sun on this rainy dark day were having here in Maine!! HUUUGSSSSS

Shayna
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  4:57:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank you , thank you my dear SS! I got the sweetest little autumn APRON!! I just love it! She sent the best smelling pumpkin candle and a pretty notebook which I've already put to good use. It just made my day the best!
Hugs!!

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  6:59:04 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy to see that everyone seems to be having a great time with this!

Keep up the good work girls!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  8:05:21 PM  Show Profile
It is great Sue! Thank you for organizing this round. I just got another gift from my secrect sister. I got a packet of really cute note cards, a writing pad and a shopping list pad that has magnets for the frig. I am a list doing fool so they will most surely be used. I usually tear off a piece of an envelope or whatever other kind of paper I can find. Thank you secrect sister.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  05:34:47 AM  Show Profile
I just recieved another super sweet gift from my SS yesterday! Thank you so much SS I love the doily, hot cocca, chapstick and stickers. You made my day! I am saving my hot cocca to take with me next Thur. on a camping trip. Yumm! Thanks again you are great! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  10:48:47 AM  Show Profile
A warm thank you to my SS ! I recieved the strawberry note cards you sent, did you know I love Strawberries ! The cards came on a dark rainy day and sure cheered me up!!
Thank you so much !

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  4:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank-you so much to my SS, today I got the sweetest red shopping bag with vegetables and ladybugs on it. She even embroidered a cute ladybug saying on it. There was garden stickers and the best ladybug card ever. Ladybugs are so special to me, I will use this often. You made my day, thank-you again SS. And a big thanks to Sue for doing this, it's my first time, I never imagined it would be this fun!

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  8:11:54 PM  Show Profile
Thank you!! Thank you!! to my secret sister, she sent me MJ fabric!! Do I want
to save it or use it for my newest quilt? I just keep looking at it and ohh and
ahh over it. Showed my honey showed my Mom. Thanks again. Toni
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  9:27:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to my SS sister. I have been very sick in the hospital and my husband brought me a little package that came in the mail and it contained a beautiful yoyo handmade with a pin on it. I just knew that If I pinned it on my hospital gown that it would help me feel better. A lovely card came along with it. It reminded me of the wonderful sisters we have and How badly I wanted to get back to my farm. I am home now but still sick. Doc said I could be sick for a couple of weeks. It is viral meningitis!
So I hope my secret sister will be patient as I haven't been able to do anything but be sick. I have not forgotten about you.
Jennifer

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  06:07:31 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, So sorry you are sick hope you get to feeling better soon. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  10:11:03 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, Home is a much better place to recover. I hope you feel better soon.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  11:24:44 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, I hope you get better soon. That does help a lot when ya get that farmgirl mail, doesn't it. Cheers me up every time.

I just got some farmgirl mail myself!! A fridge note thingy. I love those and the bunnies are so cute. Thank you so much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  6:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, my SS knew I was needing some encouragement!! Today I received a book by Max Lucado (one of my favorites) titled "Traveling Light" . . . releasing the burdens you were never intended to bear. Boy is that timely.
AND, a nice bar of DARK CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!

Thanks SO-O-O-O-O much for the gifts . . . for your sensitivity!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

Edited by - ceejay48 on Oct 10 2009 6:21:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  4:32:50 PM  Show Profile
I received a nice little newsy note from my SS over the weekend!
It was sweet, because she said she could imagine me sitting on my covered porch drinking iced tea reading her letter, and wanted to know if I have a covered porch.
Well secret sister- I do have a covered porch, I actually have 2! One is very small, just room for my 2 vintage iron chairs, and my puppers and I. The back porch though is actually a very big patio, slate floor, screened in porch with a big patio table and chairs, and a chaise lounge and glider. I have wind chimes hanging from the beams, and vintage ironstone, hand painted apple plaques, handmade grapevine wreaths, an American Flag banner, and pine cones and chestnuts drying all around. I love this porch, I sit out here as much as I can, and this is always where I watch the sun set over the bay! However, while I love iced tea, this year we had very little time to drink it in, cold and wet summer, so I prefer my coffee out there!
I hope this helps you imagine what my porch looks like, and as soon as you reveal yourself I will send you pictures!
Thank you for the letter! :)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Denise
New Market AL
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  2:31:37 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to thank my Secret Sister for the best gift! She sent me a round plastic santa container filled with a dozen shortbread cookies, shortbread recipe and Christmas cookie cutters. Thanks so much!

P.S. My husband even got a couple of the cookies. I should have hid them...:)

Denise

nittinfool.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  11:37:58 AM  Show Profile
My secret sister has great timing...it has been a cold, bleak, rainy day where you can feel the damp in you bones and just cannot get warm and are in a funk. Well, a box just arrived with some lovely fall-themed decorations and crafty projects! How perfect, and just the thing to lift my spirits. Thank you, SS!

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gifts received from 4th round of secret sisters! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page