Shery Jespersen
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shery
Upton Wyoming
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  10:41:02 AM  Show Profile
The intro to this category included a question about what would keep bringing 'me' back to MJF publications?... (Book and magazine I assume). Of course the information is the big ticket item, but for me and likely many others it is the visual beauty...visuality. Whoever is the guiding force and hands-on work force behind your graphics and layout, well they are plum brilliant. The magazine is a feast for the eyes. Please let your graphics folks know that a very detail oriented person DOES take notice of what a splendid job they do. It isn't just pretty either, it is FUN, light-hearted, rich and lovely. So, although the information within the pages of the books is the main course, my heart belongs to the visual meal. It really is like a garden. Although what you eat is a garden's core purpose, what gardener is not fed spiritually by the vision of their garden in the early morning light? Shery Jespersen

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  6:21:42 PM  Show Profile
Well said, Shery, I couldn't agree more, Carol

how sweet it is to love some one, how right it is to care
Go to Top of Page

gentlewoman farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Judy
Bakersfield Ca
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  11:18:19 PM  Show Profile
I am going thru chemo for breast cancer for the second time in 10 years. Looking at the pictures and graphics in the magazine give me the safe feeling I had when I was a child. I remember my mother cooking 2 meals a day and making lunch, sometimes a hot one, seven days a week. I remember the smell of her ironing and the feel of the starched cotton clothes. I remember going to my grandma's house, who inspite of being blind, tended her garden and canned the produce and cooked the best food in the world. I remember mother teaching me to embroider, and crochet while sitting under a shade tree in the central valley in Calif in the 100 deqree summer the year of the big earthquake in the 1950's. Praise God, she is 88 ys old and I still have her with me. These are some of the things I remember from reading the magazine. I have been a subscriber for over a year. So this isn't just chemo talking. Thank You Mary Jane!!!

Be good to yourself and be good to this earth.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  10:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You know what I love? I love how each magazine is different but they still have the same feel. If I saw pages of layouts from several "home and garden" type magazines- I would know immediately which one was MJF! Carol, Gabe, and MaryJane are amazing and do a great job! I know they work really hard on it and you can tell!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  12:56:44 AM  Show Profile
I completely agree. The magazines are all so pretty and attractive to look at and sometimes I can't even tear my eyes away from the pages lol! I just love that each mag is themed. What a great idea!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  12:21:03 PM  Show Profile
I love the mag because each time I turn a page, there will either be something familiar, or something new to learn, but both stir my heart and mind. I even like the ads, which is saying A LOT!!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic Visuality Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page