Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Books
 Book Ideas
 farmgirl books and farmgirl charities
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Book Ideas: Previous Topic farmgirl books and farmgirl charities Next Topic  

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  05:53:06 AM  Show Profile
I thought of two more topics I would love to see in Maryjanes. The first is book recomendations-- what are other farmgirls reading? I would love to know that. Of course the MJ are the best, but there are other books written by farmgirls out there that are also great. I got a recommendation today (The Little Heathens) that I appreciate and would love more of that.

The second is farmgirl charities-- especially with Christmas coming up and that is a big time of donating for people. It would be neat to see some charities featured that have the farmgirl idea, such as an organic education group or a city farming program, or something like that which is farmgirl friendly, gets something done for the community and is easy to donate to by the rest of us farmgirls.

I am mad that I bought my magazine already because now I have to wait for the next one! :)

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  07:35:42 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Even as BRILLIANT as our farmgirls are in the abilities to weave, sew, garden etc. I don't think anything compares to a farmgirls abiltities to "farmgirl-up" when it comes to charities. Like TheresaB who got us all rallied last year to knit and crochet squares for quilts that she put together for the needy and the shawls for those in cancer and critical care. And Dawn who had as all weighing garden bounty and donating it all summer long. Now with her Mitten tree. Just to name a couple.

Personally I loved,and was deeply impacted by a column in Raising Jane Issue of the Magazine ~ From the News Room page 38~ the story of Amy Grey and the "backyard harvest project". And have been haunted by the challenge set out by another group in the Palouse called (I believe) the Women's Circle. I think that part of the reason's the women that are chosen to be highlighted in the magazine every issue is because of the difference they are making in the world, their example meant to encourage others to "be the change we want to see." I can't think of an issue yet that I haven't felt challenged by someones story, "to be more, and to do more" to make my world a better place. If you watch the "newsroom" section of the magazine you will find lots of challenges.

Both reading materials and charities are richly covered in the sisterhood merit program. Last year we had the distinct pleasure of not only reading as a group (Mavens) "Gardening with Heirloom seeds" by Lynn Coulter, but we also got to have a group interview with her, and of course we were all kept busy with Micheal Pollan's books.. as well as "the secret life of bee's" from the Simply Bee magazine.

I hope that you will jump into the sisterhood merit program, as you sound like the perfect candidate... I promise we will keep you as busy as you could ever want to be. Then hop on over to the henhouses... as reading suggestions are now popping up.... as well as charitiable challenges.

Hope this helps....If I can help in ANYWAY.. please let me know.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic farmgirl books and farmgirl charities Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page