Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 cardiac catheterization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic cardiac catheterization Next Topic  

homergirl1957
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

cathy
tieton washington
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  11:08:44 AM  Show Profile
has anyone out there had a cardiac catheterization? i had one very unexpectedly on wednesday and am wondering when you feel back to normal? i was on several cardiac meds and a heparin drip for a day and to go from no meds at all to some of those is why i feel so blah? anyway my cath was normal so i am very thankful. just wondering how long the groin is sore and when you start to feel better:)
cathy

in the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.-a. einstein

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  5:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
So sorry to hear you've had problems Cathy. Huggzz to you and hope you feel better soon! I've never had one. My mom has though and she was pretty much back to normal within a wk or so. She was pretty tender in the groin area for awhile till the bruising went away but otherwise she recovered quickly.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  12:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cathy, so sorry you had such an exciting Wed. Glad the cath. results were normal. I had one a few years back and it took about a week to feel a lot better. Esp. since you were on a lot of medications you hadn't been on before. are you on any now? some of those meds will make you feel pretty bad for a bit.

Hope you are feeling better soon. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

homergirl1957
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

cathy
tieton washington
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  4:52:32 PM  Show Profile
thanks you guys!
i am not on any meds, but they gave me a slug of them while i was in the hospital. its day 5 and i feel a little better. though i do have a breakfast link sized swollen area smack dab in the middle of my groin??!!! fun. thats the worst part. went in to have it checked out today and it was deemed ok, a little more swelling then they like to see butttt.
thank you phyllis and cheryl!

in the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.-a. einstein
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  5:01:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cathy, I had one about four years ago and I had the big bump too. I took about a week and then I didn't really notice it anymore. Glad it all turned out ok for you. The worst part for me was having to lay down flat for so long afterwards.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  10:12:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cathy, ouch!!! I didn't have too much of a bump thankfully, but it is uncomfortable for several days, will probably take a week or so for the bruising to get less tender. Glad you aren't on any medications, that's a really good thing. I agree with peapicker, that lying still was not a lot of fun. LOL.

Hope you are soon feeling MUCH better. take care. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic cardiac catheterization Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page