krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  09:41:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm not fond of the cold months, so I think I will say I prefer summer. Summer here officially starts in July. LOL We are currently having cooler nights and I am dreading winter. At least we have our wood supply ready.

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AmyBeth
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Amy
Winterset IA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  6:03:53 PM  Show Profile
I think the season is what I make of it. For me, summer's golden moments are watching the sunset on the hill west of our property each night. Fall's moments are sleeping with the window open so I can bury beneath the covers. Winter's are cooking homemade chicken and dumplings on a Sunday afternoon-the aroma is incredible. And spring's is watching the rain play with the landscape like when it cascades down the hillside in the timber east of us.

Amy from Bridges Country
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  6:14:31 PM  Show Profile
I love the change of seasons. We have had cooler, rainy weather lately so the fall baking and sewing/art projects are exciting to think about. I really don't like cold weather for long at all, but when spring makes its first appearance I get engergized. I guess here in this part of Texas it gets so hot in the summer that we sit outside on the porch very late at night and sometimes I miss listening to the crickets and the quitness of summer midnights here. Gee, I guess my favorite seasons is usually the next one coming. I do get envious of all you that get snow. We only get a little and when it happens and we get enough its almost magical, especially early in the morning before it gets messed up.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  8:07:28 PM  Show Profile
Each season in Minnesota has distinct changes. Fall is beautiful with leaves of red, yellow, orange and green floating off the trees and golden in the sunlight. The cold air pushes in and November becomes grey with a dry crunchy straw floor until delicate snow comes and covers it all. January is sometimes brutally cold and snowy, covering up the fields which are white against the blue sky. Winter lasts until mid to late April and then the miracle season starts when every green color of the rainbow pops unexpectedly from ground,bushes and trees followed by multicolored flowers, vegetables and herbs. How do you choose between these seasons? Fall probably is my favorite, but then again, how do you choose.

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Whats your favorite season? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page