Page: of 2

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  12:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
What is your favorite season? I love fall and winter the best. But then when spring and summer come around I'm always glad.
Maggie

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  12:31:51 PM  Show Profile
I hate being cold; so I really dislike winter weather. Luckily things don't get too cold here till
after Christmas... Jan/Feb and half of March are muddy, rainy and cold.
I love growing season............ spring, summer; early fall, even.
Funny thing is, I like the way winter clothes look and wear better than summer clothes...... I love jackets and sweaters and stuff better than tank tops and shorts.....

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Countrybaker
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Cheryl
WA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  1:29:15 PM  Show Profile
My favorite season is fall.

Laugh when you should and apologize when you should and let go of what you can't change
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  1:45:00 PM  Show Profile
Summer!!!!

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  3:26:20 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE fall!!! It is the perfect season for me because of the colors, the smells, the lighting... Spring and winter are tied for the number two spot. Summer is my least favorite. I wilt and melt with the hot and dry weather and get very depressed in July and August. I know I'm odd but I always breathe a sigh of relief when I've made it through another summer!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

lulu bell
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Karen
Ashland NE
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  3:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Maybe it goes with our name Karen but I love fall and can't wait for summer to be over, I just don't like the heat! Winter actually comes a close second, especially the first snow fall.
Karen
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  3:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh, I love the first snow fall. It's beautiful!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  4:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Winter, its just so peaceful, and especialy when there is a fresh un-touched blanket of snow, sigh...............

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  4:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
FALL!!! 'Tis my favorite season . . . it's cooler and I love the "feel" of the air, the smells, the colors changing . . . LOVE IT!!!!

I also love spring!!! Summer is okay but when it gets over 85 degrees then I struggle with the heat!!!

Winter is wonderful when it snows like it did when I was a kid. I don't mind the snow!!!

CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  05:48:16 AM  Show Profile
Spring and fall, definitely. I can get so much done outside because it isn't so blasted hot and humid, and it isn't so cold, wet and humid. In fact, our weather here now is teasing us -- waking up to mornings in the mid sixties, then ending up in the low 90's. Oh, yeah. I am SO ready for fall!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  5:51:47 PM  Show Profile
Fall
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  7:55:18 PM  Show Profile
Yup I'm with all the fall lovers.

The summer time is hard for me. I got heat stroke once and ever since, I just can barely take the heat. Fall is nice, and refreshing, I can breath and be outside! And it's the longest time off from summer! lol

The scents, the food, the crispness in the air, the colors, the finally being able to be outside and be comfortable, walking freely with out feeling sick from the heat, the festivals, picking apples, eating all the pumpkin I can eat before exploding! I love every thing about it!

Happy fall ya'll!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9385 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9385 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  05:00:52 AM  Show Profile
Autumn most definitely!

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  05:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Yep Maggie ,Im with you Fall is my fav but winter is close behind! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  06:42:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you too Maggie :) Autumn and then Winter :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  07:37:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hmmm... I like all the seasons! I love how by the end of one season I am ready and anxious for the next season. Then there is that honeymoon period where everything is wonderful, and then you are ready for the next one!

I think the only one that doesn't get me that way is spring. Most of the time I still want to hang on to spring because I know summers around here are dry and scorchers! But then the craving for fresh tomatoes hits and I kiss spring good bye and rush into summer!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  08:39:28 AM  Show Profile
Well, normally its Summer but boy this year I am just dying for Fall to get here. Seems like it is taking its sweet time. Our Summer this year was so crazy hot that this Fall will be a wonderful relief! :D
hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kathyquilts
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Kathy
O'Donnell tx
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  8:48:45 PM  Show Profile
Fall, Love school starting, Shorter days. Makes me wanna quilt or crochet. Love the fall smells too, foods... yum. Baking zucchini bread or fresh bread. Sweaters and jeans. Also the fields are ready for harvest. Definitly FALL!

God BLESS America!!
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  11:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Definitely Fall here. The fabulous colors of all the turning leaves. The crispness in the air. Big beautiful pumpkins and gourds. The sky is bluer then than at any other time of the year. I get this nesting urge to make my home warm and comfortable for the long winter ahead.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  06:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
there is something good in all of them and i end up looking forward to each season as it changes..i love spring and the birth of the new..summer is great with the plants blooming..but i'm not fond of the hot days..we had a really cool summer here so it was ok..but i was so busy..fall is the winding down of the work..but still have to finish the to do list and get wood in for winter..but winter i can rest and puruse some me things

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

countrymum
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Lorie
PA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  10:02:10 AM  Show Profile
Fall, it's just so beautiful. I love the crispness in the air, the smell of woodsmoke from someone's chimney. apple & pumpkin pie! I could go on and on.

"Life is brief & very fragile. Do that which makes you happy."- Flavia
Go to Top of Page

midwifee
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Pamela
Sevierville TN
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  6:45:26 PM  Show Profile
I enjoy each season, the change is nice. But my all-time favorite is fall. WHen I can wear a sweater and my shorts, sit on the porch with a steaming cup of hot something and smell the harvest coming in.

coast to coast farmgirl is in the blood
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  10:57:40 PM  Show Profile
My favorite season is spring. Its the renewal of life and watching everything turn green out of the cold and darkness of winter. The days are getting longer and I feel so energized. I love the excitment of planning for flowers and gardens and baby animals.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  1:23:11 PM  Show Profile
Well I guess summer only because I don't work then . I love spring and fall the pretty colors and a little cooler. Winter can be rough but I have to admit when all my family is at their homes I love a good blizzard. There is a crazy excitement about it all for us crazy enough to live in this place I love "diamond" snow, it sparkles and is so pretty. I could not imagine living anywhere where there weren't all the seasons. -40 gets a little old though at times
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  3:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Fall is the one for me, It's the smells, the way the trees glow and our sunsets are so much better this time of year. I'll be putting out the pumkins and scarecrows tomorrow, I go way overboard with autumn decorating. The baking will start soon, right after the applesauce making. A very blessed Fall to everyone, enjoy this calm season before the holidays arrive.

Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  4:31:07 PM  Show Profile
It's spring for me. I like winter but I am thrilled when it's over and I love digging in the garden and seeing the first robin of the season. Summer is nice but usually to hot, winter is to cold, fall means winter is comming fast. Spring is just right.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Whats your favorite season? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page