Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Vegan? Vegetarian? or Meat-Lover?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Vegan? Vegetarian? or Meat-Lover? Next Topic
Page: of 2

deaf-huntress
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Magi
Kendrick ID
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2004 :  4:13:51 PM  Show Profile
I am wondering how many of you subscribe to various diets.
We've heard them all.........
Low-Carb
Low-Fat
Low-Sodium
No white sugar
Calorie counting
No meat
No red meat,
Nuthin' that came from a critter!
Eat whatever you want and hope for good genes????

Thank you for taking part in the (very) non-scientific pol.
Magi

It's not what you hear, but how carefully you listen.

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2004 :  5:19:12 PM  Show Profile
I have never "needed" a diet (except to put on weight!) until I reached "a certain age". I have found that diets don't work - at least not in the long run. The only thing that is certain, that as you get older, you need to really watch your calories and move your body, even if it's only for a walk. and I don't mean a stroll or a run, just a good steady walk. I am trying to cut out red meat, then any meat. Eat a lot of fish, try to avoid farmed fish. Cutting down or cutting out "white" food - i.e. refined carbs (sugar, baked goods, etc.) Eat only whole grain bread, and not much of that. I find that the more veggies the better (and fresh from the market is not as good as fresh from your garden; frozen is more nutritious if you can't grow your own).
I rarely eat fast foods - the McD's, etc. No soda pop... water down my juices...organic milk... rarely salt my food...have long living female relatives (at least the ones who didn't smoke!).

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2004 :  5:45:00 PM  Show Profile
We are in the "eat as much of your food raw as possible" category. I also subscribe our diet somewhat to the eat right for your blood type diet as it seems to be a great deal of help with controlling my arthritis pain. We are all type "A" in this house and so we tend to try to avoid all nightshade type foods most of the time. However I grew up Scot/ Irish and meat and potatoes was a staple diet when I was growing up so every once in a while I just have to fix potatoes.
I am afraid I love them any way you fix them and find this food a difficult one to avoid. I always hurt the next day so I am reminded why I am avoiding it. I also avoid dairy milk products and substitute a lot of soy replacements. Have noticed a great deal of difference in my menopausal symptoms with this change. Don't miss the dairy except for icecream which I have learned to make a really good tofu replacement for. Eat a lot of fresh leafy green things, raw nuts, fresh fruit, and stir fry most supper meals. Use brown rice, never white and often use red or wild rice as a special treat. Avoid wheat and corn too as these seem to cause a lot of sneezing and runny noses.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2004 :  10:18:05 PM  Show Profile
I try to avoid cooking processed foods as much as possible. We are meat eaters..but I honestly would chose veggies as my very favorite if I couldn't have both meat and veggies..I am glad I can have both. I am notorious for not letting my kids have much sugar at all. I get given a hard time by my relatives and friends..but I can see the results and stick with it. We have at least one meatless supper a week, and at least two that are chicken or turkey. I should cook fish more than I do. I grew up with southern roots and my relatives (my mom included) fry everything. I DON'T do that. We eat alot of mexican type food...a favorite with us all, roasted meats and veggies. I bake alot of bread and we all love that. It is my downfall calorie wise for sure!
Luckily by kids are not picky at all and will eat most anything..and they all love vegetables. We drink milk from our own goats and eat eggs from our own chickens. I put up alot of canned goods from our garden, and buy our beef and pork direct from the farmer/butcher so I know where it came from.

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  06:04:31 AM  Show Profile
I was a vegetarian for 12 years and then I married a carnivore!It was too difficult to cook 1 style let alone 2 when we were both working long hours. My husband usually got home first and started dinner and
he is an excellent cook so I started eating things I hadn't in years.
It was a slow transition back to eating meat but since we had our son I have been the primary cook so we have gone into the land of inbetween.
Several nights we have chicken or fish, maybe one night a week some sort of red meat and the rest meatless. Not too long ago my husband realized this and was convinced that we hadn't been having so many veggie dinners in the past! Silly man! I've been cooking like this for years!
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia recently and am trying Eileen's approach to eliminating the nightshade and wheat products to eleviate the arthritis like symptoms for me.It seems to be helping somewhat, but I sure miss my french bread! We eat fresh veggies as much as possible and only buy organic fruit. Processed food is dwindling in my cupboards and being replaced by the things I've canned or frozen for us. This is how I cooked when I was single and don't know why convenience (supermarket)took it's place.
If you ever read the nutrition labels, it's shocking. There is SO LITTLE NUTRITION unless it's been added in some strange way! All the additives and dyes and anti caking agents...YUCK! We also are much more cautious about any prepared foods now due to the migraine triggers for my son. We are not far from Princeton and there are two excellent organic supermarkets though small and a new Whole Foods
Market about to open (it took the space of a closed supermarket!)
So I have some options for winter shopping although limited due to cost I'm sure but for important stuff that we miss in winter that will be a good resource. HEALTHY EATING...yeah!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  07:09:52 AM  Show Profile
I wish we had an organic market or Whole Foods grocery here.. too small of a town, I think. There are some organic sections in my regular grocery store and some organic produce. We do have a health food store that carries a limited amount of organic produce and other products. But you have to watch their packaged foods too... lots of extras in "organic chips" or anything like that.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  12:43:10 PM  Show Profile
My family eats chicken and fish and vegetables as the bulk of our diet. We also eat brownies and chocolate cake on birthdays. We drink almost all water, filtered, and organic juices. And then I love a glass of wine. I guess you could say we swing like a pendulum on some things. But I never fry anything. We eat tons of salads and fruits. And yogurt for dairy. We eat nuts and granola bars(organic) and of course, I use MJF's packets when I can put aside money to order them. I have bought and saved some of her food packets to put in everyone's Christmas stockings this year. They love getting MJF stuff!

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  1:35:29 PM  Show Profile
I eat everything but fish, as I am allergic. For a while I didn't eat pork, but now I do. I use the meat as a condiment, not the focus of the dinner.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

deaf-huntress
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Magi
Kendrick ID
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  1:57:58 PM  Show Profile
Wow, guys. This is even more enlightening than I thought it would be.

As for me, my gutts are a mess. My mother had a colostomy (complete lower intestine removal/poop in a bag on her side) in her 40s and I am avoiding that with everything I am worth! I am 40.

If I eat meat, my gutts ache, swell, fester and bleed. So, I don't. Oh, how I missed steak, chicken and pork! But now I hardly ever miss it. If I could get rid of this gutt problem, I would ABSOLUTELY eat meats.
Has anyone heard of this sort of thing? Does anyone know of a remedy??
Thanks for your input!!!!!!!!
Magi

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  2:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Magi,
Dr. Sandra Cabot is an Australian doctor (who has offices in the US), who specializes in cleansing the systems of the body. You may find valuable information at her website. Here is the link to the leaky gut syndrome, which I think is related to your problem. There may be help just around the corner!!!
http://www.liverdoctor.com/04_leakygut_syndrome.asp

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2004 :  11:59:50 AM  Show Profile
Magi, when I was much younger I had a job with 2 much older women; one of them advised me to not eat meat while I was having my period, because of problems with severe cramps. It didn't work for me, but you might give it a try. I find that now, older, when I eat too many (actually any) refined carbs (i.e. white junky stuff), I get very constipated & bloated. Perhaps if you tried more fiber it would help (both soft & hard fiber - fruits, veggies & whole grains), but be sure to drink plenty of water during the day. I have a high fiber diet, but many times don't drink enough water/liquids (and not soda or sweet stuff), by the end of the day I can hardly move. You just have to experiment and see what works best for you.

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

deaf-huntress
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Magi
Kendrick ID
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2004 :  3:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks guys...
Clair, That is a cool site. I am willing to try any and everything at this point.
Thank you!
Magi

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2004 :  5:17:13 PM  Show Profile
Magi
I have been trying to avoid processed foods 9very difficult!), but I have found this has been a great help. I do eat meat, but I eat more natural and organic food, I feel better. I have read several article recently on wheat and gluten sensativities and I think I fall into this catagory. You may want to try the rotation diet to help elimintate the offending foods. Have you been tested for food allergies??

I was cursed with what the doctor referred to as IBS (irrital bowel syndrome). I though after my divorce most of it went away and I had stopped taking the medicines I was on. After having recent flare ups and gaining weight for as little as I eat I looked to other resources and am working towards healthier eating.

If you'd like to talk further e-mail me at my home address. I know what it's like to have repeated "gut aches"

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

deaf-huntress
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Magi
Kendrick ID
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2004 :  5:43:10 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I have emailed you with several questions. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Idahospud
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Nikki
Emmett Idaho
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2004 :  07:29:41 AM  Show Profile
*Sigh*

I love all food, especially if someone cooks for me! That said, I do try to avoid processed food as best I can. This pregnancy has been a bear for me--my cravings for junk (esp. anything sweet) have been SOOOO strong and I have gained more weight than usual. I make sure I get in the good stuff (produce, whole grains, eggs, etc.) but unfortunately, I've indulged more than usual as well.

I did low carb with dh for about a year and frankly felt terrific. Lots of energy, needed less sleep than usual, felt free from sugar cravings and tried many vegetables I hadn't tried before. DH's cholesterol went from nearly 400 to 210 without medication, and his triglycerides went from a lethal 1700 to 150, also without meds. I know others for whom low carb doesn't seem to help, but it did work for us. I can't seem to get back in the groove, tho'!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2004 :  08:56:38 AM  Show Profile
Nikki, when your horomones settle down after the birth of this upcoming bundle, you'll then be able to find the groove again. Don't dispair... just enjoy this special time. What you might try to do now, if you aren't too uncomfortable, is to fit in a daily walk... it will serve you well during childbirth and make you want to continue afterwards too. Maybe take the homeschooling kids on a walk with you, to see what they "discover".... I once took my 5 year old nephew on a "discovery" walk through a pasture, and he was fascinated... something soooo simple will get their imaginations going and you'll be entertained while you walk!

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  04:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
This is something when I was 20 years younger would have told you I would NEVER had to deal with. But...after each of my 6 children I kept 10 -15 pounds - add that all up! I am twice the woman my husband married!! Well not quite but too close. When I married at 18, I weighed 95 pounds soaking wet. I weighed in at the gyn just yesterday at 174. AND bless my little old pea-picking heart, I am a WHOLE 5 feet tall!!!! But, that 174 was GOOD news. I have lost 13 pounds since my last years visit. YEAH for me.

My husband designed our "program". It is a GET FIT BEFORE 50 program that he designed just for us. We started it in January of 2004. He had lost nearly 30 pounds. But during the time my father was gravely ill, and passed, we didn't pay much attention to anything but that and both of us put back on some. Me about 7 pounds, which means I had lost about 20 at my best weight. And he has put about 10 back on. During that time I also tore a bicep in my left arm pulling my dad up in a door way without a ramp (he was chair bound for a year). So I didn't get to exercise at all for a year. I could have had surgery and been well sooner but there was no one to pick up my slack with my parents so I felt I should forego it and yes, it did finally heal on its own. It isn't a 100% but very close. I start back to the gym today. I go in to Curves 2-3 times a week (or I did before and that is my plan now) at noon. It is a little drive into town but I have to do it. If I don't make this a specific part of my schedule I won't make time to exercise. And while I do physical work, it isn't the same for me.

"The Program" consists of raw greens every day. Mostly spinach and butterhead lettuces because that is what we had in the garden. We live in Louisiana so we have greens all winter and not in the late Spring and Summer. No red meat except venison from our freezer(Jerry is a hunter), fish, chicken and pork once or twice a month when they put lean pork loins on sale. Lots of veggies. Frozen peas, beans, squash, carrots. The kids and Jerry eat corn but I am VERY allergic...so none for me. Side note: I wear gloves to pick, shuck and put up corn. Last year , Jerry was gone for harvest (he seems to plan it this way!) and I picked and put up almost 600 ears. Gave the rest away. Anyway, I was on the last bushel. I was pooped hot and my hands were so sweaty in the gloves. I was down to cutting off the ends and my knife slipped and I stabbed myself in the top of my left hand (not deep). Before I could get the glove off, my hand had swollen to where it was almost to tight to bear! I ran inside washed good with soap and water. And it kept swelling! It was about twice the size it should be! So I popped me a claritin reditab and hoped for the best. It was swollen for 2 days. I went to town and got benedryl cream and that helped some. I will be more careful from now on!!!

Anyway we are back on the program full throttle. I want to lose down to 125-130. That seems like such an impossibility. But at my age (46 in August) and with my family history of poor health and heart disease, diabetes, I want to be the one to break the cycle. It is my job to. There are no excuses. I am healthy now. Just overweight. If I wait much longer that could change. And besides it urks me to be so undisciplined about this. For me, being under 50 and able to exercise and lose it, eat right and live longer. Why wouldn't I? I don't want to just lose the weight though, I want to get fit. Stronger, leaner. I found when I was going to the gym, I rested better, had SO MUCH more energy and felt good about it. I want to set a good example for my children and grandchild(ren). I want to be able to take care of myself for many, many more years. I have always been the caregiver in the family, I don't want that to ever change.

And dragging in another topic and one mentioned above, my moon cycle has changed in the last two years, and not for the better. I am allowing myself to be treated with some medication right now, but I really feel if I can get my body in better shape, that will help those issues tremendously. I am going to work towards that goal.

Sorry I wrote a novel. I don't get much time to read AND write on here...but this is an important subject to me. Let us be an encouragment to each other. Weight and being unfit is such an issue in this country. One more little "thing" and then I will hush, I promise. One defining moment in my quest for better health didnt come from watching my parents suffer with heart disease, kidney disease and diabetes. It came when I watched coverage of the tragedy of 9-11-01. I watched programs where people ran/walked/crawled down flights and flights of stairs. I thought to myself...I wouldn't have made it. I am too out of shape, too weak. I would have died trying to run. I know that may sound silly and insane but I realized, if I had to call on my body it would fail me. And I have no reason not to change that.

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Soulmate to Jerry for 30 years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life" ~ Bilbo Baggins

If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you need to seriously re-examine your life.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  05:32:03 AM  Show Profile
Wow- Soap Maven, that was an interesting post to read. And very informative. I feel I know you a lot better. Your story about the corn allergy was incredible. That is quite a reaction!

This subject of digestion, etc, is important to me, too. I had gall bladder removal almost two years ago. During the last months before the surgery, I was in constant pain and could barely eat a piece of toast. I lived on water and yogurt for the most part. And I could eat salads, which is unusual, because lettuce is sometimes too much roughage for a person with stomach problems. I lost 25 pounds in the process and am trying to keep it off now that I can eat again. But I stick to veggies, yogurt, water and juices, and chicken and fish, baked. And I never eat much at once. I find portion control is important. It is hard for the body to process a lot of food at once. Eat small amounts...that is what I find works for me.

Good luck with your diet plan; it sounds very well thought out.

jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  06:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Well, I said I would hush...but I should say a little something about sweets. Jerry and I are completely off refined sugar. That has been hard. And honestly when we did it the first time, I got ill. I had withdrawal! This time, since we had only "cheated" a little, it has been easy. I do sweeten with honey and turbinado and occasionally brown sugar & maple syrup.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Yetta to Sam

If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you need to seriously re-examine your life.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  06:37:46 AM  Show Profile
Very well said, Soap Maven! I'm right there with ya. I'm doing a vegan meal plan (for the most part). The last few weeks I've had some chicken and find that my body just doesn't process meat well. Indigestion and gas... ugg... salmon doesn't seem to cause the same reaction, so that is my mainstay about once a week. I sometimes can't process lettuces either, so my greens have been baby spinach, and that doesn't seem to be a problem, along with lots of veges. My weak spot is yeast breads. If I eat any, I have to have seconds... so I avoid all breads. I think its the combo of sugar used in baking along with the yeast. Unleavened breads like pita don't seem to cause the same reaction for me. Drinking lots of water too. Stretching twice a day and yoga when I apply myself. I have some tapes that are easy to pop in. While yardwork gets my heart rate up, it doesn't seem to help with my weight loss. I did Curves for 3 years on my lunch hour, and recently quit because I just couldn't get motivated to go there anymore. I think the environment had changed and just didn't speak to me. So the yoga becomes more important. I really think it facilitates weight loss with the controlled breathing that's involved. I also walk a mile on my lunch break five days a week and use a 'lateral thigh trainer'-which is like a step machine, but it pushes out and down at an angle, which really works the hips and obliques better. I think that helps alot too.

Maybe we should check in here once a week or so for our "morale booster"! What do you say, girls? RaRa....YES, we can do this!

Edited by - Clare on May 24 2005 06:49:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  06:50:43 AM  Show Profile
You are all inspiring me! Thanks for sharing Susan. I am 49 and I have noticed my body has changed. It fights to keep every pound on! I was like you, very thin when I married 25 years ago, never had to watch the weight, ect... Now fat just flys to me and sticks. I am a carb junkie...and diet pop. I know I have got to get this eliminated. I am at a quandry how to do it...When I diet my body reacts within hours by cramping...I get severe muscle cramps in my arms, legs, butt area. I thought this was a potassium shortage, so I drink a little OJ and half banana, seems to help, but they have gotten worse recently. I am a big water drinker so i know it is not hydration problems. Protein meats are not digesting now ... My body is telling me something, VEGETABLES AND FRUITS AND GRAINS ect... Maybe the Vegan way is THE way... I need to lose 30 pounds.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  06:55:07 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I think that's a wonderful idea Clare! How about every Tuesday??? I would love to get to know you all better. But I just stay so busy I cant have much computer time. My husband works away from home 3 weeks and then is home 3 weeks...that will go back to 2 weeks/2weeks in August. I have to keep up with all the gardening, mowing added to homeschooling (we are thru for the Summer! YEAH!),regular household stuff and my soap business is really going very well so...if I can find 30 minutes 2-3 times a week for Curves I HAVE TO DO IT. But I do check in here every morning, but by the time I read everything, it is time to go outside and get busy! But I will do my best!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Yetta to Sam

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  08:10:13 AM  Show Profile
Tuesdays sound good to me!

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  09:42:31 AM  Show Profile
I am with you all too.
My second knee is mending well ahead of schedule and I am mowing and weeding now as well as keeping up with all of my other business activities so time for exercise is limited. I used to walk every morning before breakfast a 4 mile loop from home around the nearest road loop and home again. I think I could just about manage a mile of it now and want to begin. The problem is tha tI might need someone to be on call to pick me up and drive me home so I am just walking around the property every morning for now. Driving to a club takes too much gas. Physical therapy was in winter and It took an hour one way and an hour there and another hour home again. twice a week I do not have that much time to spend on the road unproductive now that everything is growing like a house afire. So I will do what I can. Need to get 40 mpounds off that came on with the failure of my knees.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  2:19:19 PM  Show Profile
We eat our foods as unchanged as possible. I cook most vegetables only unil the water comes to a boil. We eat a lot of raw veggies from spring into October. That will start earlier and end later when the hoop house is up.

We don't eat many processed foods. Cheese is one of our exceptions. The more you change food from its original form the less nutrition it has. We put up most of our food so it's fairly easy to do. If it comes in a box it probably doesn't come in the door. All that said, we eat healthy but I'm still needing to lose weight. What I eat isn't a problem often, but portion control is a constant battle.

I've just finished school until September and the cortisone shot in my knee has me back on my feet and moving without pain. As soon as I get into the city to buy good sneakers I'm going to start walking/running until I build up to running a couple of miles a day.

Robin
Thyme For Ewe Farm
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  6:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark,
The symptoms you describe are classic detox symptoms from coming off of the carbs and other stuff that is not

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Vegan? Vegetarian? or Meat-Lover? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page