jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  2:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Visit my blog to see a photo of my beloved sister. She is a wonderful gal (you can see it in her face), and I so wish we were closer so I could shop and gossip with her every day (and I could help her, too). She is eight years older than I, so she was always my mentor. And a good one.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  3:34:48 PM  Show Profile
LOVELY picture :) I only had 2 older brothers. My oldest brother passed away and i always looked up to him :) He was 12 years older than me and I miss him :(. He and I became best of buddies since my mom passed away and he took me under his wings for those 4 months he survived my mom,

Enjoy the bond between you and your sister :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

aunt boby
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

toby
polo illinois
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  4:59:10 PM  Show Profile
Fabulous picture! I hope you gals had a nice visit. Like Dutchy, I have two older brothers. The oldest is 14 years my senior. So his daughter is just ten years younger than I am. She feels like the sister I never had growing up. I longed for girls to play with growing up.

POOR IS THE MAN WHO CANNOT ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE- anonymous
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  6:14:42 PM  Show Profile
What a precious picture!!! Where does your sister live in IL?? I'm so glad that you had a nice visit with her. The visits always seem to go by so quickly. I have an older brother and a younger sister - I miss both of them terribly.

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  01:05:16 AM  Show Profile
My sister still lives in Springfield, where we both grew up. We had just gotten back from dinner at the Cracker Barrel, which she chose for her birthday dinner out.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  2:25:56 PM  Show Profile
Sisters are wonderful gifts. I just moved to the town where my younger sister lives. I has been so much fun being so close. She makes me laugh, which is something I need to do often.

Great blog by the way!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  06:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jeannie,
Sisters are a gift! Unfortunately, even though I have 3 sisters, I do not have a close "pal" type relationship with any of them. My oldest sister is 11 years old than I and very critical and mean-spirited and NO FUN to be with! My next oldest sisters is 9 years older than I, lives in British Columbia (I live in SW Colorado) and, not only is she so very far away, we are not kindred spirits in that I'm more of risk taker and she just doesn't understand that. She has a daughter who is a lot like me and I think my sis has a hard time with that as well.
My 3rd sister, who lives a 1/2 mile from me, used to be my power walk partner. We didn't see a lot of each other because our work schedules were so opposite. But now, she is the brain-injured disabled person I take care of . . . and she is not the sister I used to have. We spend a lot of time together but it's me taking care of her! It's one of the most heart-breaking situations!!!
I say that all to encourage you in your sister relationship! Even though miles may separate you it sounds like you can have a "girlfriend" relationship . . . go for it!!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  6:34:33 PM  Show Profile
Dolores, oh that we could all have a sister like you to take care of us when things get really bad. Bless you.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  8:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Wonderful pictures on your blog! It's so nice you got to visit and have a wonderful time together.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  3:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
that's nice...i have 3 older sisters..oldest one is 5 years older than me..we all live close enough to be able to see each other weekly if we like

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Me and my sister Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page