Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yikes! I have just spent the morning working on our budget. YUCK! I hate money matters. Even being frugal, there is only so much you can do about the cost of gas, gasoline, electricity, and food that you didn't grow yourself. It's going to be a tight one! Doug is taking some paid time off days to stretch days where I work my part-time cashier job and day care would be expensive. So that is good, but it still is going to be a squeaker getting by.

So hopefully the gas prices will go down or maybe my paycheck will be higher than I am thinking it will be! I am estimating low just in case! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:25:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh I know Alee! We just had to replace a fuel pump, my husband NEEDS a trailer for his work and we will be needing new tires as well. sigh. However, the Lord always takes care of us and I am thankful for that :)

One time we were in such a tight spot, we had been in a car accident and I couldn't work anymore . We were scraping. Our menu was bread (very filling you know) and some turkey that we had in the freezer. Not exactly the best nutritious meal. I was praying and said, "Lord it sure would be good to have some meat". One half hour later a neighbor called to say that she needed to clean out her freezer from last year's elk and deer to make room for what her husband just hunted. She brought over 2 HUGE coolers with venison! What a blessing that was :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:36:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's awesome Sharon :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  08:54:35 AM  Show Profile
I hear ya, Alee. I'm trying not to even think about our medical bills from Violet's delivery. Insurance took care of most of it, but there's still a good outstanding portion, and I can only pay a bit at a time. Hospitals around here turn you into collections after a month, so I feel like I'm constantly chasing my tail!!

Things have been tight here, other ways, too, just economy slump and not a lot of "extra". But, we'll make it. We always do. Since Violet was born, we search for a lot of "free" entertainment!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  09:15:49 AM  Show Profile
Hey Alee, I know that feeling. Our baby is due next month and starting Sept 1st my income went down to 1/3 what it should be to make ends meet. And being 8 months pregnant and with baby #3, working outside the home doesn't seem feasable with daycare costs etc. Finanacial things can be such a drag. But you know I'm keeping my spirits in an attitude of hope. I think if we are faithful with what we have and keep moving forward, then everything will work out. Perhaps we should all start sharing our tips for stretching the pennies? Lots of little things will add up.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  2:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
AlyssaMarie- check out the Nifty Thrifty section of the forum. Lots of great tips!

I talked to my utilities companies and explained the money squeeze and I got two of them to do a payment arrangement where I pay a bit now and a bit later, so that gave us some breathing room. Phew!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  6:02:03 PM  Show Profile
Thought we'd have a good month, thought wrong. We have 3 paid for(old and high mileage) vehicles. so if ones broke we always have a back up until we can get it repaired. This month the fuel pump went out on th pickup, transmission out and the blazer,thaT leaves us driving the van that I haul my farm animals in, chickens rabbits, goats and even my mini horse. so you know what it smells like. The transmission isnt good on it either and it needs tires before winter. But we always have our real needs met by God.
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  6:16:27 PM  Show Profile
I hear you guys!! This month is going to be a squeaker for us but we now have furniture and the yard is done. So, really, there isn't much to work on now, just sort of maintainance stuff. Since moving, I've found a bunch of books that I bought whenever and never got around to reading. We have DirectTV but it's our only entertainment. We don't go out to eat either. We barter and trade for things and it's all good.

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  3:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
check out the following sites... second harvest gleaners and angelfood ministries also check out things like food banks and community centers..

consider bartering day care with a friend..esp a friend that isn't working out..you could watch her kids while she goes shopping or to a movie and she could watch yours while you work

there are tons of ways to save $

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  9:23:55 PM  Show Profile
In my marriage (47 years) I found that the struggle to "make it" may just be the best time in our lives. We were and still are in love. We found that we didn't need a lot of stuff when we had love. We are on social security now and it is scary. But we smile at each other and say, "we'll make it today; we've made it before" It's hard work. Good luck to all of you.

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Oy! Tight month!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page