Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  08:37:55 AM  Show Profile
I am finally starting to feel more normal this week. (2 week since my total knee replacement surgery) It is all going well..knee is healing up fine and physical therapy going great. I am more than ready to be off the pain meds...for many reasons, but the main one is that my stomach has been so messed up..and of course...can't drive until I am off them. But it will still be awhile I guess....too much pain still when I am even late taking them.
It has been interesting around here since I haven't been able to take care of things much. The kids are realizing that I do alot of stuff they never noticed, and Steve is realizing that my "hours" arn't hours he wants. We are getting by fine. I am so glad that I took the time to prepare meals and freeze them ahead of time...that has been a lifesaver!!! We are doing some from scratch meals some nights now, but sure has been handy to have things ready to thaw and heat up when we need to.
My garden is really producing and I need to spend the afternoon getting some corn frozen and peppers chopped. Full on canning will be in the next couple weeks.
I haven't watched tv in 2 weeks and haven't missed it one little bit. I wish the whole family felt that way. It has been a quiet peaceful bit of time for me.
Thanks so much to all of you who have been praying and thinking of me during this time. Won't be long until I am out there doing my stuff again.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  08:47:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jenny I am SO glad you are doing better every day! Praying for you girl.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  08:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Feel better Jenny.I have thought of you often these past few weeks.If only I lived closer I would come help with the canning.I pray that everything works out for you.Blessings to you, Pam

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  09:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Glad to hear good news from you, Jenny. Especially glad the physical therapy is going well. It's so important in getting back your full range of motion.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  09:16:46 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking of you this morning and that we hadn't heard from you for a bit. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I hope you can get off the pain meds soon and your stomach will feel better, not to mention the "brain fog" they cause. They get a bit much after awhile, but sure are nice to have when you need them.
Take care of yourself, good to hear from you.
Di
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  09:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
jENNY~
Glad you are doing well.

Rene'Groom
Sister #185
Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  10:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Jenny--- BIG (((HUGS))) Here is too a speedy and healthy recovery.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  10:09:57 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,

I'm so glad to hear you are doing good. You are still in my prayers for a speedy recovery :) I was wondering how your family would be after realizing how much you do for them :) Now you will be appreciated even more!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  11:13:09 AM  Show Profile
Get well soon, Aunt Jenny!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  2:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny- SO glad to hear from you! I have been thinking about you lots lately. Glad to hear the recovery is doing so well! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  4:24:21 PM  Show Profile
That's wonderful, Jenny!

I hope you will take it easy and let your family take care of your every need. I think it does them good to come to the realization that things don't just "get done"...someone is doing them. I think my family has a bit more appreciation for what I do since my own surgery this summer. I was only out of commission for a short time...but it was enough to open some eyes around here.

All the very best blessings!
Joyce
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  4:33:12 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear your knee operation was a success. I bet Mona will be thrilled when you are back on milking duty. It is great that your family is pitching in, it always seems to take longer to recover from surgery, especially when you are used to being such a busy bee!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  4:36:04 PM  Show Profile
I have been wondering how you were making out. Normal at two weeks is awesome Jenny!
HUGS!!

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  5:03:04 PM  Show Profile
Jenny - your post was so good to read. Glad you are healing, and also getting a little inner healing away from TV and so many chores. I know your family will really appreciate you more than ever! :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  9:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Glad you are doing well!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  11:34:33 PM  Show Profile
I did get a small batch (8 pints) of simple bread and butter pickles canned this afternoon..and a few bags of summer squash and corn frozen too. I may take it a little easier tomorrow though. Just couldnt' see letting the cukes go to waste though. The jars are so much more special this year! Thanks to all of you for the good wishes...you are the sweetest bunch ever!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  11:59:35 PM  Show Profile
glad to hear you are on the mend, Jenny. I think I am going to be next in line for the surgery, so I read with inerest how you are doing. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  08:04:59 AM  Show Profile
Glad you are mending well. Wish I could come help you can. With my move I haven't been able to can this year. I miss it.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  12:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
So glad your surgery went well and hope you have a very speedy recovery Jenny!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  2:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jenny. I am so glad your recovery is going so well. I'm sure not quick enuf for you, though. Good to hear from you. Let the family do all they can do for you while you can get away with it! It may never happen again!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  06:49:44 AM  Show Profile
I makes my heart jump with joy that you are healing so well. Good to hear from you!!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  10:55:38 PM  Show Profile
Aw...thanks you guys! It was nice to read your comments...I have been feeling sort of whiney today about my recovery taking so long...and it helped.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  08:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny- Hope you are feeling better today!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  10:10:40 AM  Show Profile
ONe little silver lining (well, besides the eventually awesome new knee) to this surgery business is that my appetite has been next to nothing for the past 3 weeks and I can tell I have lost some weight (much much needed) so maybe I can keep that up.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  10:23:55 AM  Show Profile
Jenny what kind of symptoms did you have with your knee that led you to see a doctor about it? I fear I may be in line behind MaryBeth and hospitals scare the ___ out of me!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  9:56:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh I hope you and MaryBeth don't have to do it soon! I have had pain (arthritis) in my knees for years..mainly my left one and had injured it about a billion times over the years too, but in the past year it was sharp pain almost constantly which made it hard to walk! (not handy at all!) So my regular doc had me get x rays which showed no padding left at all (either knee) and alot of bone spurs in the left...severe arthritis. She sent me to the orthro doc who tried all the other stuff first; cortizone shots, synvisc gel shots etc...which did no good at all. He would have prefered to wait until I was older for a total knee replacement ( I am 50) since he said they tend to last 15 years, but no way I could go much longer so I just had to go for it.
Hospitals scare me alot too...this was my first overnight stay in one in 29 years. It went well though and the hospital part went by fast (5 days) and not too hard. The recovery part has been harder for me. Being home but not able to do all the usual stuff is not easy for me. I did look online and found out as much as I could ahead of time about what to expect and that helped me alot. I am not good at that sort of surprizes. I hope you can get some pain relief soon and not have to have surgery for awhile!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Recovery going well Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page