MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  11:30:08 AM  Show Profile
I too hang out in that section of the bookstore, but was actually surfing online, when I ran into her website. I bought all the magazines still in print, I think the Premiere Issue is the only one I don't have, and devoured them. I have subscribed ever since. When I was searching online, I was trying to find like minded women. Sometimes our lifestyles are so busy, that they are very solitary. It is lovely to hang over the Forum Fence and visit with my new friends.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  09:53:16 AM  Show Profile
A good friend of mine left the country for Germany and gave me an apron, some gingham fabric remnants, a book on how to knit toys and MaryJanes' Cookbook Ideabook Lifebook. What a gift!
I leafed through the book many times discovering that a lot of things that I love were all bound up into this huge Farmgirl textbook! Aprons, knitting, crochet and sewing, hankies, cooking from scratch, CHICKENS, gardening, camping, camping with kids!, and mostly connecting with other ladies. I love that book because I already loved all those things. And the way everything is presented in the book made me feel organized! Like my life wasn't such a hodge podge of random things, it was a relief!
I haven't knit any toys yet, but I wanted a new shirt last week, so I stitched one up one afternoon out of those remnants!

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  07:46:17 AM  Show Profile
I bought her first book and the rest is history....I love everything about her and being a farm gal!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  08:07:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi all! I found Mary Jane quite by accident, I was searching Amazon.com for some books about growing vegetables, enough to feed your family, not an entire farm...and poof! Her book showed up. It wasn't what I was looking for but I read the info about it and thought it might be nice to check out sometime. I eventually decided that I wasn't getting enough info online and that I should go into the bookstore. There it was again in Barnes and Noble! Forgetting my original purpose for going to the store, I picked up her book and flipped through it. Needless to say, I bought it, read it, loved it and now subscribe to the magazine and have recently found you all here at the farmgirl connection! I'm still trying to convince my husband that it would be a good idea to stay at Mary Jane's B&B! His idea of a vacation involves air conditioning, a t.v. and room service - funny, that's exactly what we have at home!

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Book Ideas: Previous Topic What brought me to MaryJanes Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page