Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 serious memory problems :-(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic serious memory problems :-( Next Topic  

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  08:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Friends,
I saw the Neurologist yesterday. The Dr visit was a serious one. Dr. Lilik told me that not driving will ease a lot of stress for me. This Cerebellum disorder is also related to the vertigo. He did a lot of tests. He said that I have to make all the arrangements for Assisted Living now while I can think straight enough to do it because later I would not be able to. As you know, I don't have family here and I can no longer live alone. There will be waiting lists because the older people fill them up first. It is also related to mixing tranquilizers and alcohol for so many years. The memory loss and confusion will get worse and never better. :-(
He said this is the diagnosis before Alzheimer's. I will start on a patch of meds that we hope helps.
I am very sad now but facing the truth. I have been trying to fake it and deny this for a long time. I know it would appear that I was just lazy but I would get confused trying to do things.
I sure need friends to encourage me at this time.
Linda

Linda in Scranton, PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Aug 29 2009 12:28:05 PM

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  08:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you sweetie.

Love ya!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  09:16:23 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I am so sorry to hear of this. You are in my prayers.

Caron

"Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation".
Farmgirl #254

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  3:33:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Linda. I would not know what to do. It sounds like you have a big job ahead of you. I sure hope this patch works. Did they give you a time frame? And can you get nearer to your family? I will be thinking of you during all this. Please keep us posted.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  3:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
The only family I have now are busy with their own lives. My sister just got married and she is about 30 years old. My sons live out of state and it would be harder to go there than to stay here where things are more familiar to me. They are all too busy to do anything for me. That's how life is...they are all young.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  8:13:09 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
I am so sorry that you are going through this, will be praying.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  8:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Linda,

I am praying for the Lord to comfort you and give you wisdom in all things. Remember God CAN do anything! I know this must be scary for you, but He is there for you and we are too! I'm praying that the meds will help you. Feel free to e-mail me if you like :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  9:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I will be praying for you! I can't imagine what you are going through, but please just remember we are here for you! (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Aug 30 2009 09:03:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  7:11:41 PM  Show Profile
Linda, that is a terrible thing to find out. I am so sorry for this difficult time for you. Do as the Dr. suggests. The less stress you have in your life the better things will be. The patch you are talking about has helped a number of people I know. I so hope it does the same for you. Remember to take one thing at a time. Finish one task and then go to another, no trying to multi task,that can cause awful confusion and stress. I am sure your Dr. can recommend some support groups and people for you to talk too that can give you more helpful ideas. Don"t give up on yourself, between the meds and some good help your life maybe a lot more fulfilling than you are thinking right now.

God Bless You
MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  11:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Linda I am so sorry you've received this news. Do your children know this has happened? If not you need to tell them and make some major decisions about who you want to decide future medical care for you. Power of attorney and that sort of thing. You've got to make your wishes known now while you still can. This can be so overwhelming and even though you feel your children are too busy I'm sure if you tell them they'll make time for you. You have to know that you're an important person in their lives. You're their mom and they will help you as will all of us in whatever way we can. Lots of prayers for you and farm girl hugs.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  02:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
A support group is a good idea! I hadn't thought about that so I can be looking for one.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  02:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
My sons live in other States and so does my sister. I could ask them to come visit me and they probably would. That was a good idea.

Sometimes I feel like nobody cares...especially my family. That is sad to say but it's the truth. I need to give people a chance to care instead of getting so discouraged. It's not easy living alone.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  06:45:42 AM  Show Profile
I am praying that one of your family, and I would bet this will be true, will step up and help you. It often takes a serious thing to make that happen. So, Lord, send Linda someone who will have confidence and strength and caring to help her and also help her get to a safe place. Your doctor sounds wise. Preparing will give you a focus and a goal. That can help too. My prayers will have you in them.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  12:50:44 PM  Show Profile
I agree about the support group. Having people to talk to and laugh with is a huge thing. Keep yourself active, though not stressed. Some communities have transportation available for seniors that you might be able to utilize. If you talked to them they might include you. DON'T hunker down into home by yourself. I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with this alone, but do share with your family. They may make more time for you if they understand. Keep your chin up. Enjoy a good book. Laugh and hugs. Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  6:37:55 PM  Show Profile
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't even imagine myself in your place.
A support group is a wonderful idea. hugs to you.
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  7:02:11 PM  Show Profile
Yarnmama, I feel so bad for you....I wish I lived closer and could offer you support----I do understand about family......they aren't always there when you need them....but do tell them.....they can really come through when the going gets tough. Join a support group, get involved in an active church----and don't be afraid to reach out for help.....people do want to help others more then we all ever realize til we're there needing it.
My prayers for good results from your medication.

Sincerely,
Beverly
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic serious memory problems :-( Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page