Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Wish I could remember....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Wish I could remember.... Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  5:51:48 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow, will be the end of 17 weeks. I can't tell if I can feel the baby moving or not. It seemed to me that with my other two children, I could feel them moving around 14 weeks.
For whatever reason, it seems like "flutters" or whatever you want to call them have stopped or at least they haven't been as noticeable.
Maybe the baby has just gotten into that nocturnal stage already so I'm not noticing them moving as much...I don't know

Does anyone else remember when they first starting feel their babies move or when during their pregnancy that baby started being more nocturnal so you didn't notice daytime movement as much?

hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  6:53:41 PM  Show Profile
I remember that a glass of orange juice would zip up DS. I had an easier time when I laid on my left side quietly.

If you are worried a call to the Dr will answer a lot of questions and reassure you.

I am sending good thoughts your way.
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  6:30:35 PM  Show Profile
Jessie,
This is my fourth baby and I didn't feel her move till 18.5 weeks. I was really worried because with my last baby I felt movement at 16 weeks. I asked my midwife about it and she told me that she never worries until 21 weeks. I was shocked!! I would have been a nervous wreck!! You should ask your doctor though, some rent out dopplers so you can listen to your baby's heart beat. I bought one when I was pregnant with my 2nd son....his placenta was in the front and he was laying backwards the entire pregnancy so I rarely felt movement even later in my pregnancy. I use mine often and it helps.
Robin is right as well. If you drink like a quart of fluids then lay on your left side that usually does the trick pretty quickly!!
Hugs!! Soon you'll be like me...little elbows and knees that feel like they are going to grind their way right out of you!!!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  07:31:42 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, I was so active during the day that if Violet was moving, I couldn't have felt it if I tried. She was more a nightime baby (which is proving true to this day) and she would start moving when I finally lay down to sleep. I recall finally feeling her move around 18 weeks...Don't worry. You know your body and you'd know if there was something amiss.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bfly
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Tina
Seymour IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  3:23:57 PM  Show Profile
I don't remember when they started moving.. seems so long ago now (the girls are 3 and 6 now) What I can tell you is that with my first I was attune to every new thing.. movement, kicks etc., with my second it was like.. almost like old hat... oh there's movement... yeah... was that a kick? cool. lol. If you're really concerned, call your Dr/Midwife/Doula.
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Wish I could remember.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page