MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  6:13:55 PM  Show Profile
You know, my husband deployed to Iraq 2 years ago (how terrible that guys have been going over there so long) and before his deployment we had to fill out all the papers...wills, power of attorney papers, etc. I had never really thought about it until then. I think that I would remarry eventually. I don't know how long it would take me to find someone that could "step in and fill those shoes", but I would always be open to the possibility. I think it would be hard to turn down a hot fireman ready to sweep me off to Hawaii (daughter in tow, of course :-) )! I guess in all seriousness, I'd say that I would keep my mind and my heart open to the possibility of a new love, but I really believe that my husband is the ONE for me and I would be happy with having as much time together as we did...however long that was in this fictional situation! Did that make sense?

Melissa

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  05:23:23 AM  Show Profile
A hot fireman, huh?? Well, will always leave that possibility open! In actuality, real life, nope, no way but it's fun to think about a hot fireman....

Winona :-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  2:14:10 PM  Show Profile
I was married to my high school sweetheart and soulmate for 32 years. We loved each other as much the day he died as we did on our wedding day. I have 3 great kids and terrific memories of the best husband ever. Although I have now been widowed for 10 years I know there is no sense in even looking as any other man would come up short.
I have managed to make a pretty good life for myself since Ken went to be with the Lord and although it is not the life I expected to have I give thanks every day for the road ahead
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  5:11:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow this thread is an awesome read!
Kris - That would be perfect - 500 square feet! Man that would be sweet.
Cherry - My sister did the samething! She and her husband divorced and a couple of years later they reunited. I was as far from thrilled as you could get but I'm slowly warming up to it. Not my bussiness anyway
Marcia- Exactly! Its not that I don't love him very much but I can hardly stand to live with him. My dream to live next to each other....ahhhhhhhhh that would be amazing....

Edited by - jinia on Aug 30 2009 5:13:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  7:20:17 PM  Show Profile
Well I have to say NO!!!! The reason is I have a great hubby now. And we have only be married for 6 yrs. But I dont think I could find anyone that could be as good as he is. He has issues..but what man doesnt. So I consider him my train wreck....and I think I would be better alone than to try to find anyone else.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:13:42 AM  Show Profile
Kris' comment on the first page had me rolling on the floor with laughter. Kris I am with you, I think the Amazonian women had the right idea.
No seriously, this is my second marriage, first one lasted 20 years and was miserable. My husband is so good to me and my 9 kids. He is more a dad to them than my ex ever was, or is. Would I do it again? No. I enjoy being alone, as much as I love DH. But...never say never.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  7:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
My absolute answer is No. I have always said a marriage is one time deal for me...no matter how it ends, Scott holds a large piece of my heart, if not all. I couldn't replace that, no matter what.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  10:31:38 AM  Show Profile
I found my husband when I was 17 years old - we married 5 years later. I had two wonderful sons with him and 13 years ago he passed. After that I was not willing to have another man tell me or my sons how to live life nor was I up for more in-law issues, blending famlies and such. My sons and I started this farm with no background just a desire to start over. I love my life and I think I am way too independent for most men. When I moved out here all the ladies thought I was after a man or their man - Give me a BREAK - I was not the least bit interested. Now some might think it strange but I have never been on a date since my husband passed and in fact the last date I had was in 1977 - I guess it just is not an issue. I am old enough to never say never on anything but I sure have my sights on other things. I guess the only thing I could use a man for is doing the ladder work around the farm - I can hire that.

Good Luck for those who are looking and good luck for those who are not

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Would you ever remarry? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page